Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

WOW!!

Thanks for the update Oleg!!!!

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
The canopy on the 109 E was interchangable and so a lot of E-1 or E-3 had the "edgy" version introduced with the E-4. However the Luftwaffe's naming conventions also allowed for E-4 with the old round canopy - as long as the wing guns were MG FF/M. So the canopy is by no means an indicator for the version - all three (E-1, E-3 and E-4) could have both canopy types installed.

Regarding the Bf 109. I take the markings are still part of the skin? It looks the same as in the screenshots from ages ago. Ilya said Roman (Deniskin) was very pleased with my instructions regarding the markings on the 109 so I was wondering how far that work is.
Yes it is part of skin. It is placeholder. With the changeable marking we will work later.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Okay.

And what do I have to send to Moscow to get an E-1 in SoW-BoB?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFC_Dolphin View Post
Can we ride the bicycles? lol

Just a first impression about pilots: I think we could get some better faces. Besides that this pilot is ugly (like most Englishmen ), he looks too cartoonish.
I may be wrong though (not about Englishmen's looking ).

Edit: By the way, I do realize that pilot's faces are not of much importance (actually I almost don't care about how they look).
The face is optimized for custom faces. However it will be more hard now for user to make own face, comparing to Il-2 pilot faces, because of way more details. So simply placemn of 2D picture now impossible. Maybe someone from third pary witll write utiliy that to map any face to our model well.

Last edited by Oleg Maddox; 10-30-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Okay.

And what do I have to send to Moscow to get an E-1 in SoW-BoB?
E-1 currently in development
Old 10-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Oleg.

A question about Bf 109E versions - which ones you plan to include? Only E-3?

What about E-1, E-4 (ie. same as E-3 but with Mine shell firing MG FF/M. Even 3d model can remain same as most were simply converted from E-3 by repacing cannons)
Maybe E-4/N, E-7?

I am really hoping for E-1, because it was 2nd most important version in Battle, and a very fun airplane with the all-machinegun armament for simple dogfights.

Also question about wheater propeller pitch mechanism on Emil will be manual or by manual/Verstellautomatik? Both were present in Battle (similiar question as case of headplate)
Il-2Bugtracker: Feature #200: Missing 100 octane subtypes of Bf 109E and Bf 110C http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/200
Il-2Bugtracker: Bug #415: Spitfire Mk I, Ia, and Mk II: Stability and Control http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/415

Kurfürst - Your resource site on Bf 109 performance! http://kurfurst.org
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaltysZ View Post
What can you tell about BF109 prop pitch control? Will it be manual only?
There was both types and we will have both.
Approved Member

That 109 is beautiful

Quote:
pitch changes will be visible during rotation
^sweet! I had asked about this in the first questions thread.

The vehicle with the bikes is very curious

man, I'm getting stoked to finally see this
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg maddox View Post
e-1 currently in development
hurray ! :d
Il-2Bugtracker: Feature #200: Missing 100 octane subtypes of Bf 109E and Bf 110C http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/200
Il-2Bugtracker: Bug #415: Spitfire Mk I, Ia, and Mk II: Stability and Control http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/415

Kurfürst - Your resource site on Bf 109 performance! http://kurfurst.org
Old 10-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurfürst View Post
Thanks Oleg.

A question about Bf 109E versions - which ones you plan to include? Only E-3?

What about E-1, E-4 (ie. same as E-3 but with Mine shell firing MG FF/M. Even 3d model can remain same as most were simply converted from E-3 by repacing cannons)
Maybe E-4/N, E-7?

I am really hoping for E-1, because it was 2nd most important version in Battle, and a very fun airplane with the all-machinegun armament for simple dogfights.

Also question about wheater propeller pitch mechanism on Emil will be manual or by manual/Verstellautomatik? Both were present in Battle (similiar question as case of headplate)
With the reelase we only limited in time. So currently in plan E-1 and two differences for E-3