Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 03-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterace View Post
Shame there's no P-61 either
That’s another type under the Gxxxxxn-Nxxxxxxp ban. I would love to have it flyable, of course, but, giving the time and resources limitation faced by developers (read: TD), choices are unavoidable.

My preference would go to complete already existing scenarios, such as the already mentioned Pacific Theatre. To me, it makes more sense to complete what we have, than have more incomplete scenarios. And – don’t shoot at me – I would shelve the whole night bombers-night fighters lot. Flying night interceptors would be simply to follow a different kind of mini-map, and then fire on a black silhouette barely visible in the dark. Flying bombers, it would be simply sit and wait for invisible fighters coming out from nowhere.

That’s my opinion, of course.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furio View Post
My preference would go to complete already existing scenarios, such as the already mentioned Pacific Theatre. To me, it makes more sense to complete what we have, than have more incomplete scenarios. And – don’t shoot at me – I would shelve the whole night bombers-night fighters lot. Flying night interceptors would be simply to follow a different kind of mini-map, and then fire on a black silhouette barely visible in the dark. Flying bombers, it would be simply sit and wait for invisible fighters coming out from nowhere.

That’s my opinion, of course.
Right with you there. Basically you'd either shoot at barely visible targets - and the bomber AI either is too good and guns you down the instant you open fire, or too bad and you shoot fish in a barrel. And as custom or selectable belting has been requested many times and has not been done, I'd suppose that it is not that easy to do. And with current tracers and muzzle flashes, night fighting is merely a joke - you are blind the instant you fire, and all of the enemies open up at you at once.

And having a flyable late war German bomber would definitley add to this sim - any of them.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorfailure View Post
And having a flyable late war German bomber would definitley add to this sim - any of them.
Even if its only a He-111H16! That would be relatively easy to add. As far as I know, TD cooperated with yt2, who made the Ju-88A5 and Ju-88P. He did a brilliant He-111 pack, not only adding new variants (including H16), but fixing older, like H6 (missing a front ventral gun, to name one serious problem) too!
Including some variants from his He-111 pack would be a really good addition!
A fixed H2, H6, H12 and a new H16 would be more than enough.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

Yt2 for now already part of DT )

Old 03-31-2015, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

Flyable F7F Tigercat and F8F Bearcat variants would be cool but in my dreams....sadly
Old 03-31-2015, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterace View Post
Flyable F7F Tigercat and F8F Bearcat variants would be cool but in my dreams....sadly
Your idea doesn’t look to me too far fetched.
These types would be perfect for a “Pacific 1946”. But a new scenario and several new planes would be needed – the J7W Shinden, for example – and the whole thing will fatally end up as a “new incomplete”.

As I see it, new German bombers are a more realistic proposition. To begin with, they are missing in already available scenarios, such as Eastern Front in 1943. then, they can extend bomber pilot careers. Finally, as Gaunt 1 wrote, updating existing models can pay big dividends.

In my opinion, this is “realistic management of dreams!”
Old 03-31-2015, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furio View Post
. But a new scenario and several new planes would be needed – the J7W Shinden, for example
I saw somewhere a shinden WIP. A really beautifull one.

Agree with german bombers. Ju 86 as bomber/recce ( was/is it WIP???) He111 - Ju88 variants would be nice aditions.
But, IMO, what made this sim great was/is the comunity. All the campaigns. skins, tutorials, etc...Every new item added, a new bombsigth, new fuse settings, triggers, navigation aids, new AI, even a new FM, bring new life to the sim, because it gives new things to learn to all of us, and new things to teach, to discuss. What could give a total and great full orchestra ending to this sim, I guess is that. And what we have to learn, after all this years were we learnt history, geography, a lot of new words in russian, italian, spanish german, tech specs, etc...???
Still we need to learn to fight in the dark.
Again, this is my humble opinion.

Bombing smurfs since a long time ago...
Old 04-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Approved Member

What about the B-25C? I think it would be relatively easy to add:
Forward cockpit and top turret could be taken completely from B-25J, ventral gun would need only a simple periscope view, like in Pe-2. Pilot's cockpit is probably not much different, so I think it wouldnt be hard to make.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

The Mediterranian scenario would be near-complete with:

Gladiator => Sea Gladiator (AI, or needs British cockpit to be playable)
Hurricane => Sea Hurricane
G.50 => G.50 FB

As to night operations:

Halifax AI and/or Lancaster AI
Old 04-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

at first need repaint J8a => Gladiator MkI and MkII
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user16039_pic164995_1380571545.jpg (29.2 KB, 32 views)