Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 11-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyg View Post
On first install Win 7 64 bit desk top I had launcher has stopped working message. Get the gun site on airplane then message. Reinstalled net.framework and verified install at steam. No joy on problem. Also have IL2 1946 installed modded and had to move IL2 46 from programs file to get mod to work. Have not moved steam from programs file yet.
Uninstalled Steam and all cache, still no go. ATI X1950 256MB video, PhantomIIx4 3.40GHz, 4.00MB ram
Unfortunately I don't think that video card is supported. I would suggest a gfx card with at least 1GB memory.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

You need to use 8 RAM.
Probably it will help.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

Here is a copy of my reply to the post "Game will not launch".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have just had a similar problem myself. CoD has been running fine but after a M/S update "Launcher.exe" failed and program shut down to D/T. Tried re-instal of Cod and Steam with no effect. Then tried system restore and every thing came right again. Looks like a faulty M/S update had caused the problem. Waiting now to see if M/S sends down another up date and if that causes the same problem.

Rick
Old 01-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRuski View Post
Have just had a similar problem myself. CoD has been running fine but after a M/S update "Launcher.exe" failed and program shut down to D/T. Tried re-instal of Cod and Steam with no effect. Then tried system restore and every thing came right again. Looks like a faulty M/S update had caused the problem. Waiting now to see if M/S sends down another up date and if that causes the same problem.
Reinstalling all programs from the \redist\ folder may also help (or their newer versions from web).

It is also quicker to check game files/cache integrity in Steam game properties than to reinstall the whole game.