Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 06-13-2019, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
I think ice crystal spell is OP... 6-12-18 Mana is cheap. Perhaps increase with 50% in mana. U can block everything and just have shooters...
I concur, and I'm playing on impossible.

What file I need to change to edit its mana cost? (and where that file is located)
Old 06-14-2019, 11:42 AM
Approved Member

The folder is ....\sessions\ice_and_fire . Open the archive ses.kfs and and then open spells.txt . The name of the spell is devatron.
I guess I'll check it next time I play , in my last 2 games I never found it so I don't have much experience with it.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorko80 View Post
The folder is ....\sessions\ice_and_fire . Open the archive ses.kfs and and then open spells.txt . The name of the spell is devatron.
I guess I'll check it next time I play , in my last 2 games I never found it so I don't have much experience with it.
Thanks.

By the way, I cannot beat the Spider boss. How many attemps do you do before giving up? What tactic and strategy do you follow to defeat her? I don't care to be spoiled, please tell me how the heck you can crush the spider, I was enjoying the average difficulty till this point, I'm desperated.

I'm level 13 Viking hero with 29 Attack (19+10), 13 Defense, 14 Intellect. 38 mana. 17 Warrior maidens, 137 pirates, 22 Assasins, 57 Berserkers and 11 Royal Griffins, with 14 soothsayers and 68 bowmen in reserve.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 07-14-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Hi , glad to hear it's challenging . But that's why I said impossible is not possible without knowing how the game develops.
First of all, I don't attack the spider before getting to level 15 , even 16 if I manage to do it. And that also means longer fighting with the units you choose for the spider fight - which means they will increase their rank(very important). You can't kill it with units ranked 2-3 .
Second, there were always some options to have a level5 unit in your army. I think I managed to kill the spider without level5 once,can't remember the details. My last game was with mage hero and I had level5 , so it's different from yours.
Third, you have to plan everything since the beginning,thinking exactly for that encounter and choose every skill very carefully.
Hope this helps
Old 07-15-2019, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi , glad to hear it's challenging . But that's why I said impossible is not possible without knowing how the game develops.
First of all, I don't attack the spider before getting to level 15 , even 16 if I manage to do it. And that also means longer fighting with the units you choose for the spider fight - which means they will increase their rank(very important). You can't kill it with units ranked 2-3 .
Second, there were always some options to have a level5 unit in your army. I think I managed to kill the spider without level5 once,can't remember the details. My last game was with mage hero and I had level5 , so it's different from yours.
Third, you have to plan everything since the beginning,thinking exactly for that encounter and choose every skill very carefully.
Hope this helps
Yes it does. My units are all above rank level 5, though. Didn't find level 5 creatures..

Is there any workaround to make this easier? I don't want to restart, honestly. I think I could reach level 14 with several loses, but probably not more. Getting up to level 15 would imply facing "Very strong" or deadlier encounters.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
Yes it does. My units are all above rank level 5, though. Didn't find level 5 creatures..

Is there any workaround to make this easier? I don't want to restart, honestly. I think I could reach level 14 with several loses, but probably not more. Getting up to level 15 would imply facing "Very strong" or deadlier encounters.
I think you can find level 5 units in Merlassar and Ice Gardens before fighting the spider boss.
Edit: You can't.

Last edited by Space Knight; 07-16-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

There is no workaround . I think there were some lvl5 by the witch in the pirate's cave. But anyway by that time you will not have enough fights left to up their rank. So I guess restarting and planning carefully is the way to go on impossible.

To Space Knight - This mod does not allow you easy access to Merlassar and Ice Gardens. You have to beat the spider and then some more to get there.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
There is no workaround . I think there were some lvl5 by the witch in the pirate's cave. But anyway by that time you will not have enough fights left to up their rank. So I guess restarting and planning carefully is the way to go on impossible.

To Space Knight - This mod does not allow you easy access to Merlassar and Ice Gardens. You have to beat the spider and then some more to get there.
Ok. To be honest, I still haven't played the mod (planning to), so I just took a guess.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

You can always use this cheat: Have a stack of Witch Hunters in your army. Cast the talent that gives damage each time enemy uses a skill, cast it on the big spider. It dies in 1 round... it's a vanilla bug. I don't know if jorko80 fixed this, though. I used it in vanilla.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:49 AM
Approved Member

Hahaha , awful BUG . Never heard of it. I'll fix it in the next version of my mod.
Thanks raknefne!