Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 05-29-2019, 09:30 AM
Approved Member

Default AI

AI in my opinion still needs to be worked on. The AI fighters have issues being close to the ground (they start to loop if they get close), the gunnery is very accurate for shots they shouldnt even be able to see over the nose for.

most other things seem fine, though mods like DBW had really good AI that behaved more realistically and according to its role more (for example BF-109s used energy more conservatively).

The best part was if you flew low, they would still chase you and hit you. Now, like I said, just fly low enough and enemies cant kill you.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedogist View Post

The best part was if you flew low, they would still chase you and hit you. Now, like I said, just fly low enough and enemies cant kill you.
I read this very often but I can not agree completely. Yes, sometimes you can escape flying low. But another time, you will not.
My experience with AI today is mostly online. So I wonder is there any difference between AI behaviour in multiplay and in offline?
Just in past month I recall at least two incidents online (I like to study interesting tracks):
1) I was chased persistently by a pair of Pe-3bis from about 1500 m to the ground for several minutes and could not run away until I brought them under friendly AAA fire.
2) My Kate bomber was literally gang banged by two pairs of P-40s. Attacks began when I was at about 200 m and continued when I tried to escape at roofs and trees tops level. Was fired upon from different angles and finally got "pilot killed" and engine fire in one burst from about 1 o'clock. That smart AI was flying at probably just 10-20 m.
On the other hand I remember how I survived attacks of AI Mosquitos in my He 129. My engines kicking the dust from the ground, I'm pushing the rudder left and right, Mossies overtaking me and sometimes stupidly flying straight in my gunsight... And Mk103 is nice cannon.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:22 AM
Approved Member

A larger version of the generic Western Europe map that's already present in the game would be nice to.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun1916 View Post
A larger version of the generic Western Europe map that's already present in the game would be nice to.
How about a real version of North West Germany?
Old 06-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Default Weels sound.

I wish that the sound of the weels squeak touching the ground could be also heard from inside the cockpit instead of only on external view.

Thank you for Daidalos team and all who make this awesome game get better and better.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
How about a real version of North West Germany?
That would be cool! However it would be a massive task to make it. It would take an enormous amount of research and access to period maps to get it built accuratley.

So I would be perfectly happy with just an enlarged generic version of the Western Europe map already in game. It wouldn't need as much research to make hence reducing the time and effort needed to build it. And as a generic map without any geographical names on it, it can be used as a stand-in for more than one geographical area for making single missions, QMB missions or campaigns.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

My opinion is always highly subjective due to my personal preferences.
I'm absolutely indifferent to another dozen of Spitfire modifications (blasphemy?) or another variant of Bf 109 armament (ja, ja...).
I love aircraft which are not so "mainstream", for example, Ki 45.
There was good thread here 3 years ago with excellent contribution of major.kudo who made nice "infographics" for the subject.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=229846
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachm...8&d=1479029560

So, my wish beyond 4.14 would be to bring Ki 45 modifications and their armament and specifications closer to real history.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:15 PM
Approved Member

the ki-45's in the game are historical correct. I hope to see the campaign of the Hero of the Sov. Union, Avdeev Mikhail Vasilyevich in a future patch

Last edited by shelby; 06-30-2019 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
the ki-45's in the game are historical correct. I hope to see the campaign of the Hero of the Sov. Union, Avdeev Mikhail Vasilyevich in a future patch
Ki-45 - I would not post my message if I have no doubts about "historical correctness" here. But let me look again into 4.14.1, who knows, may be I miss something.

M.Avdeev campaign could be interesting... And it could be created by any player who has time for that and access to Avdeev's biography (plenty info online). No need to wait for the patch.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

Ki-45 armament.
Yes, there are some discrepancies, yet not many and probably not critical for most players.

Details:
Ko and Otsu in the game have 2xHo-103 slanted as one of variants. This is not "canonical", but could be attributed to field modifications which are mentioned frequently.
Hei - no Ho-5 (in the nose) variant in the game. But if it was in little numbers, not so important.
Tei - same as above. Also no variant without rear gunner in the game... but this is not what I really want in my interception action, so forget I mentioned it !

Bombs in the game are limited to 250kg only. Only Ko and Otsu have them. But hard points were installed on Hei and Tei as well in real life, or am I wrong?

No drop tanks on any model in the game.

I wish we have IL2 Compare beyond 4.11 to see the differences between the Ki-45 versions in flight characteristics and to check them vs real life.
We have all 4 versions in IL2 Compare for BAT but this is "non stock" and I wonder why all of them are identical in graphs, was it really historical.