Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 AM
Approved Member

It's the lack of info that makes me a bit twitchy... Oleg answering q's on this forum was a relief, but in the absence of a firmish date, a trickle of information or shots would be helpful.

BoB hasn't been too bad when compared to the rrgstudio effort. For all we know, everyone there could have died in a workplace accident.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagTaken2
It's the lack of info that makes me a bit twitchy... Oleg answering q's on this forum was a relief, but in the absence of a firmish date, a trickle of information or shots would be helpful.

BoB hasn't been too bad when compared to the rrgstudio effort. For all we know, everyone there could have died in a workplace accident.
And just think, if you had no clue it was ever being developed, you'd not be so anxious for, and worried about, updates.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

nope, you'd be wondering if IL-2 was considered dead by the developers, why they're being so quiet, and why the patch isn't out yet.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makabi
nope, you'd be wondering if IL-2 was considered dead by the developers, why they're being so quiet, and why the patch isn't out yet.
Not if they talked about the patch issues.

I mean really, people know that devs have other stuff going on. And in the mean time, there are other things to do - like play IL2, throw charts at each other in forum flame wars, play other games, date, work, house and vehicle maintenance... y'know, life goes on. Then one day.... "WOAH, new 5#1T!!!! I gotta get this!"
Old 11-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makabi
Like I've said before, it wouldn't surprise me if Oleg and crew created the sound mod and released it to cause panic in this community, and have people so worried about flying with hackers, that they would all go and buy SoW. That way they would all feel "safe" again.
Kind of makes you wonder why the US and every 'other version' has encrypted SFS files, while the Russian version is not encrypted.

-Raven
Old 11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbag
...and if csThor tells that they are planning in quarters there is still a long way to go.
Quarters? Hey, russians have five year plans remember? They missed the november 2006 plan (yup, that was the original date). That naturally leads to a release date of november 2011 so everyone stop whining and go somewhere else for a couple of years

EDIT: In fact november 2006 is the only release date ever published (in may 2006):

"Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announces Storm of War: Battle of Britain, to come in November 2006 for PCs worldwide. Storm of War: Battle of Britain is the first instalment in the new Storm of War franchise from award-winning developer Maddox Games. Ubisoft and Maddox games previously collaborated on the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik and Pacific Fighters games."

/Mazex
Old 11-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

Two Years

be sure
Old 11-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Approved Member

Ok, so we don't know when SoW will be released. It's easier to accept that now it is being discussed. I think who were annoyed by the statements of some have probably got it out of their system now.

But please, Evgeny, would you consider moderating the title of this thread - as all it is going to do is perpetuate future arguments over what some people believe to be a release date, and the resulting superflous arguments that result.

I don't think you need that in this forum either, could I be right here?
Old 11-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

sure no