Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

Default The Good, the Bad and the AI

S! all.

The AI buggers might be stupid PITAs, but über they ain't, at least when there're humans at the receiving end. I'm working on this coop ATM where it's us - the venerable RBD squad, that is - flying IL-2s w/ 4 ace F2s intercepting, and I've just started to flight-test the mission. So OK, I recorded a track to check a couple of things out and we-hey, whaddaya know... I hit the target, strafe some trucks etc. a couple of times, get bounced by an AI "expert" and later by another one so now there's 2 of them against me. But still, no way they got me shot down, aces or not...

Would've been different had I started to fight them, true, because as you know they're capable of some über snapshots from weird angles... but still, aces? Hardly! Had those Biffers been piloted by human experten I would've been dead in two bloody minutes

The track's here if you're interested.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

An F2 has only got the peashooter 15mm gun. No way that it is going to take down even a single Il-2. Granted they don't hit you in the fuel tank (behind your back) or in the oil radiator, under your butt Maybe you should try to replace the 109 F2 with the G6, with mk-108, on the same AI level!! Real life reports state that sometimes even the 20mm shells will bouce off the skin of an il-2.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:35 AM
Approved Member

That's not the point here. The point is that they don't hit me AT ALL... and yet they're called aces

Check the track, please. One of them gets some 2-3 bullets in at one point, but that's all... aces? BAH!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:58 AM
Approved Member

I would have shot him with F2... be sure!
For that matter... most of the humans would.
Especially if he ducks @ SL.
msalama is right when he says that about Ai.

Unless they catch you at alt, or by surprise they are NON ISSUE when you fly bombers.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:11 AM
Approved Member

Exactly my point Kuna, whereas an IL-2 vs. a human-flown Bf-109 is usually a losing match if the fliegenoffizier in question knows what he's doing...