Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent1989 View Post
oh lummy, if they're bad at the real thing one can only quake in terror at the amount of blue on blue involved in practice missions

out of curiosity will there be any point fueling up or will you have shot each other to pieces before we can even scramble?

just having you on chap
Lol!

Oh you can fuel up... You won't need to fuel up enough to make it home though.

Little point in that.

It would be a good idea to see if there is a way to jettison your landing gear too... Also little point in having that.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
Lol!

Oh you can fuel up... You won't need to fuel up enough to make it home though.

Little point in that.

It would be a good idea to see if there is a way to jettison your landing gear too... Also little point in having that.
i'll keep both, wouldn't want to run of fuel before i'm finished scaring the countryside with yank planes and then not be able to land. that's a ruddy German tactic (although i wont be adverse to a little mid air wing clipping if the ammo runs dry )
Old 09-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Approved Member

Na the yanks tend to shoot first, ask questions later hahahahaha.

I'll find out what their operational zone is prior to the mission starting then i'll steer well clear or take a well earned day off that particular day lol

Old 09-02-2009, 01:20 AM
Approved Member

Lol
Old 09-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
Lol

good old limey humour pedro, were only playing. Will be good to have some allies in the air with us.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTrgt View Post
That's some good news hehe, I think yak-3 will also be the plane for me!
The Yak-3 is for everyone who has always wanted a nimble, light, and fast dogfighter. Also a good plane at the controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
Ok, if I'm coming across as arrogant then sorry, really don't mean to be taken that way, just trying to give as good as I get. Anyway, since I won't be flying my usual plane (Bf109=no cockpit), I'm going to end up flying the Yak-3(or maybe the Spitfire IX) against someone who always flys the Yak-3 and sounds very good at flying it. So, probably going to go down in your favour, at least at first

Only 3 days to go for the European launch Better start practising with the Yak-3 in Il2 1946 then........

When are you guys getting the game in the US?
First response:

When you and me fly against one another, the skies will always end up Red. I mean, it would become some weird color(s) if you won AND FLY THE SPITFIRE MKIX!!!!! I always wanted to shoot down an Englishman in his own national plane

Second reponse:

I'm buying it tomorrow or the 3rd, so don't worry. Me and my little Yak-3 will be ready for you. We're always ready for you.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
The Yak-3 is for everyone who has always wanted a nimble, light, and fast dogfighter. Also a good plane at the controls.

First response:

When you and me fly against one another, the skies will always end up Red. I mean, it would become some weird color(s) if you won AND FLY THE SPITFIRE MKIX!!!!! I always wanted to shoot down an Englishman in his own national plane

Second reponse:

I'm buying it tomorrow or the 3rd, so don't worry. Me and my little Yak-3 will be ready for you. We're always ready for you.
I dont want to be the nay sayer about the Yak but I just never liked the plane, maybe its because of the Il2 1946 Multiplayer and everyone was the LA or the FW. Ive tried using it many times it just never did what i want it to do. Maybe i was just doing it wrong.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
good old limey humour pedro, were only playing. Will be good to have some allies in the air with us.
Well as of right now it seems that I alone am the yank wing. I hopefully can get a couple of my buds to join soon. They're decent flyers too. We'll even attempt not to shoot you down when we're flying on the same side... Maybe.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post

I meant I needed to start practising with the Yak-3, but okay. I've been flying the Yak-3 some over the las couple of days and it seems a very good plane. Its either that or the Spitfire IX, so I'm gonna try them out vs each other.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamak86 View Post
I dont want to be the nay sayer about the Yak but I just never liked the plane, maybe its because of the Il2 1946 Multiplayer and everyone was the LA or the FW. Ive tried using it many times it just never did what i want it to do. Maybe i was just doing it wrong.
That's because no one new how to fly the Yak, but me () I always flew and knew how to handle it, and also because everyone always wanted the "best" big gunned plane. In reality, the Yak-3 is a simple plane to fly and handle. I do hope they made the Yak-3 like it was in real life.