Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Opitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
If you think the devs did not, you are wrong. Otherwise you can prove it in court and get your money back. But you know you can not and that is why you whine here.

The devs delivered much more than many expected and much more than other company on the market in this segment. Maybe it is not enough for you but than it is your own mistake that you purchased the game. Take responsibility for your decisions or go to court if you feel cheated. There you will learn that you were not.
What? OK, one example - Dynamic weather... one more - engine supporting thousands planes over Channel... hmmm... sounds? hmmm... multicore CPU support? SLI? Hillarious... Are you kidding? Luthier confirmed by himself he knew, game had a serious flaws even before 1st release. But this did not stop him to sell the game like finished... He took all responsibilities for this. So what you talking about?

I am just trying to say that customers made their part of the agreement. They paid... Some even twice... or more...
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
because, guess what?!! I am working as project-manager in game developement busines

and even if you don't have that time in your working hours, you can give half an hour a week from your own and personal free time to post a little update for the guys who are paying you for what you are working on.
And while that might work for you, it doesn't mean that Ilya or anyone else from the team has the time, strength or willpower to do so after the workday is done.

All in all, it's my personal view that this thread is filled with people that are so far off in their assumptions about how things should be done that it's laughable in the extreme. Hell, I haven't seen worse whining since I stopped playing Rift about a month after release.

Tell you one thing, though: In terms of hilarity, this thread delivers. Greatly.

End statement: Caveat Emptor. I ALWAYS have this in mind when picking up ANY software-product. Maybe others should as well.
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
and even if you don't have that time in your working hours, you can give half an hour a week from your own and personal free time to post a little update for the guys who are paying you for what you are working on.
They usually work 10-12 hours a day and sometimes more here in Russia. Overtime hours are not paid by a company usually. The legislation is poor in this respect.

I think this is one of reasons sim devs can make ends meet in Russia only. In any other country but China it would not be possible. I have seen a thread where employees of both 777 and DCS shared the same problem that the companies hardly meet ends even with low salaries and extra hours (and they charge per aircraft btw). I think CoD, RoF and DCS are the last complex sim series we see in our lifes. All others will be WoP style at best.

Last edited by Ataros; 07-20-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Even some ETA for next patch and there are happier people after that.

1week, 2week or month? Some info?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankkis View Post
For about 2 minutes. Then they start whining again.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
Tell me, im guessing that you have been following these forums and checking on progress...whats your take on it considering you havent purchased it yet...

You know about the problems and issues, you also know about the communication from the Devs...would an update on progress for those problems you already know about make it easier for you to buy the game or would you still be of the opinion you are now?
Updates don't mean much to me without patches, they're nice to read, but they're not important, and the feedback on the patches is important too. If all the negative feedback disappeared, but the people who usually gave that disappeared too, that would be a very bad sign in my view.

I'm probably very untypical, there are probably twenty people who buy games based on the picture on the front of the packet for every one like me that reads the back.

I was really enthusiastic until the first screenshot of the unfenced railways level on the land, that sounded a very wrong note to me, Russian railways may be that way still, in Britain they haven't been like that since long before WW1, never mind WW2.

I'd like to know why and how Oleg left, and how much code changed at that time, but I guess it will be at least 30 years until that comes out, if ever, and again that's not important, it's just me being nosy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
In other words, you are just a troll. I look forward to your next banning.
How is this is useful to anyone?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
They usually work 10-12 hours a day and sometimes more here in Russia. Overtime hours are not paid by a company usually. The legislation is poor in this respect...
I live in Romania, is the same in here as in there: long not-paid extra hours. so what? I still have time to live, post in here, read, play games, watch movies, eat, sleep, make sex, get out with friends and tons of other normal things.
Opitz

Quote:
They usually work 10-12 hours a day and sometimes more here in Russia. Overtime hours are not paid by a company usually. The legislation is poor in this respect.

I think this is one of reasons sim devs can make ends meet in Russia only. In any other country but China it would not be possible. I have seen a thread where employees of both 777 and DCS shared the same problem that the companies hardly meet ends even with low salaries and extra hours. I think CoD, RoF and DCS are the last complex sim series we see in our lifes. All others will be WoP style at best.
Sorry, mate but THIS is hillarious, indeed... What about ROF guys? They have no problem to answer many questions... Jason is writing there too... He was even writing on forum from E3, when there was problem with credit card payments... It is all about priorities... They were answering, writing even before very important patch, which WAS NOT a disaster like CLOD ones. This is just so poor excuses... Oh poor russian devs... Only they are working 10-12 hours a day...
Look... it is all about will and about having something to say/write.

My theory is quite simple - there is no news, so no "news update"...

They have new guy for sounds right? why not to make some simple update about his work? some samples or video inside game? just this... it is not so much, but people would appreciate it.

Last edited by Opitz; 07-20-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankkis View Post

1week, 2week or month? Some info?
Yes, some will be happy to hear that. Others, however, will have at whoever posts such a message with damn near fanatical fervor for anything and everything, not to mention what happens when the company cannot meet the ETA.

Besides, people tend to conveniently forget the E, and only go for the TA and treat it as a solid date for when the patch will arrive. Hellfire and damnation will erupt if that date is pushed back even by a day.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjordmonkey View Post
Tell you one thing, though: In terms of hilarity, this thread delivers. Greatly.
let me correct that..
Quote:
Tell you one thing, though: In terms of hilarity, these forums delivers. Greatly.
OMG there hasn't been an update for 12 days, 3 hours and 25 seconds.. how dare they, i think they have abandoned the game, they have taken our money and run away.. mummy where's my milk!
Closed Thread