Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

Custom skins, a template released for the planes or even a competition to have the best skins in the next update?

Loads of camera views with the sadly missed Flyby included!

Cheers, MP
Old 07-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

Ahh.. F**k it, here goes!

In the vain hope that someone dev wise will actually read this and/or there is actually gonna be a sequel...

I want online options! People say no 3rd person/superman view in sim I say give me an option to pick, have a default by all means, but let me change it if I want to.

In fact, options for any 'choice' that you force on me would be good, be that aircraft type, armament, whatever.. By not including these in the original you basically underestimted the intelligence of your target market, 'Dumb up' this game.. buck the trend! The stoopid people are all killing each other on MW2 anyway.. MW2, my most 'usage out of a mute buttoningest game of all time.'

Last edited by winny; 07-30-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: needed commas
Old 08-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Registered Member

All the above plus,

Reloading allowed in limited ammo by landing on a runway

Repairs allowed by landing on a runway

if your engine goes out, just plain land and do a small video on your pilot getting out and hitting it a few times to start (for kicks lol)
Old 08-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

i wanna have a paintshop
and if there is no rocket, bombs or bullets on the plane, they should allways reload on a runway.

AND A FLYABLE Ju-52

then i would pay everithing
Old 08-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Registered Member

If they even thought of making a sequel for this i would be so happy. really what a the chances guys? as far as i can see the sales were not so great for the consoles (when IMO its the greatest flight sim to grace a console)
i too really liked the ideas for the sequel and would of put some down but you said most of them already, my main one would be a CO-OP campaign that would be awesome. no less than 6 players know. wow 6 players doing missions together would be brilliant. all have to take off, all have to land...all have to refuel and repair. even on the bigger planes with gunner turrets on 1 flys the plane and the rest of team have the option in joining that pilot as their gunner/s
and the guy who also looks through the bombing reticule and releases the bombs. kind of like Memphis Belle with ya buddys online.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Registered Member

My wish would be more aircraft maybe some of the prototype ones like the Bell P-59 airacomet and some less well known one like the Westland whirlwind.Some more bombers like the PE-8 and FW-200. Just some more aircraft, also is there any where to download extra aircraft fo the game. Thank you for your time.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Approved Member

Would love to have the P38 Lightning on BOP
Old 09-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

Been said before, but the online interface really needs sorting out because it's bloody awful.

Everyone gets booted at the end of a match - seriously, WTF? Proper lobbies, like you get with just about any other game, please.

Games in progress don't show up in search - seriously, WTF? Not being able to join mid-session is one thing, could lead to skewed teams, I suppose, but you should at least be able to join as a spectator and play the next round.

This game is amazing online but the way it's been implemented seems designed to turn new players away. BOP is one of the best games I've ever played, but has the worst Live interface I think I've ever seen.

Last edited by Prang; 09-20-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

After playing 1946 for so long, I figured I would try this one out. Overall, it's pretty fun. I don't expect too much on a console but I really wish they would fix a few things. I can go on forever but I won't get greedy.

1. Improved flight model.
2. Improved gauge visibility.
3. Realistic missions. (ie. You drop your bomb load & RTB. I absolutely HATE the magically refilling ammo. I want a realistic ingress & egress & either I get it right & the right things go boom or I get it wrong & a lotta dirt gets tossed around. (Or someone looses a barn...LOL.)
4. Bombsights for the bombers. (Not a fan of the external view.)
5. Realistic combat expectations. I'm sorry there are aces out there no doubt & some really accomplished sim pilots but for the sake of realism, I wanna get a kill or two on a mission & really feel like I earned it rather than 9-12 kills like in the BoP single player campaign.
6. Mission builder. To each his own but I want the option to set up some better ground attack scenarios in "Training". Better yet, give is a mission builder. I don't like dogfighting as much & in order to fly around & knock out AA guns in this game, my only option is to throw up a single AC-20 or other bomber, ignore it, & go do my own thing. Bummer.
7. Improved padlocking. The padlocking in this game is sorta disorienting. It seems like the arrow points in one direction but when you camera zoom, he's the opposite way. Maybe it's just me. Also, without TrackIr or a head tracking device, locating aircraft/targets is much too difficult. It's because of this I only did about 7 missions on sim. I can do it but it isn't realistic. A real pilot has a whole lotta stuff to do in the cockpit as it is. Fumbling around with a hat switch isn't one of them.
9. Cockpit view in all planes. I don't care for the 109's too much but I almost died when I hopped in the Stuka & saw there was no cockpit. Bummed.
10. Model the sun right. I flew a mission in 1946 a couple of days ago & the god dang sun was in my eyes for approximately 115 kilometers heading towards the target & we had to fly low level the whole way in. To be honest, it was extremely irritating...& felt pretty realistic.

I aint knocking this game. It is what it is....& it is pretty fun. However, consoles don't give us much in the way of options. I've been flying sims since Falcon 4.0. I understand energy management. However, energy management is very difficult in this game because the flight model is so unpredictable. If I can fly a P-39 Aircobra (one of my favorites in 1946) to the limit without spinning out of control, I should be able to fly a P-51 in this game. I also feel like the planes bleed waaay to much speed in the horizontal.

That brings me to gauges. To manage energy in a turn, my only reference is the horizon (if I can see it) or the altitude bar on the side of the screen. Without being able to glance down at my instruments briefly, I pretty much have to cross my fingers & hope i don't have the plane pointed up too much. I would be willing to forgo a little realism if I had some kind of virtual gauges in the cockpit view.

Coming from the PC, this game is very difficult for me in some ways. I have had to learn to fly the planes the way they are modeled in BoP & not the way I am accustomed to in 1946. Some of these planes turn like a bus, but at other times they can behave beyond their performance envelope. For example, in 1946, I have literally ripped the wings off of a Spit pulling out of high speed dives but in BoP, you can pull it off no problem. I don't expect them to get it perfect by any means but just make it somewhat predictable. I know not everyone is having the difficulties I am having. I think it would have been easier on me if I had only played this game & came into it with a fresh perspective. I guess I just have to get passed the re-learning curve.

Planes:
1. SBD Dauntless
- I have hundreds of hours in this bad boy. It flys like a bus but it brings the pain & can take a heck of a lot of damage. Great online plane imo.
2. P-39 Aircobra If you can fly the P-51 in BoP, you can fly the cobra no problem. One of my favorites because it was so unique.
3. P-61 Black Widow
4. Piper cub or a Storch
(Be a forward artillery observer...sweet! )
5. PE-2 / PE-3
6. P-38 Lightning
- Why on God's green earth would they leave this one out?
Old 09-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_somme View Post
would be nice if the the new Kinect for the xbox could be used in the same way that trackir is used on computers
Brilliant! That, my friend, would get Microsoft another $150 of my hard-earned cash.