Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Yes, you can. Resurrection will not work, but there is a new wickely overpowered spell in KBAP - Evlin. It resurrects from 10 to 30% of a slain troop (lvl 1-3), for a hefty amount of mana, but suffice it so say, that is more than enough. Sadly, this tactic suffers against mechanical enemies (they leave no corpse, which is the prerequisite for the Evlin spell) but still, playing with undead is much more easier now. In addition to that spell, Demonologists, the new unit in KBAP can easily resurrect undead through his Life Drain Ability.

Suffice it to say, playing different races is much more interesting that in was in KBTL. KBTL was biased towards humans, elves and dwarves (mostly, but not entirely, I now) - bit no longer! In KBAP almost every race is playable. Humans with a balanced army of tanks and rangers? Elves with rangers +1 tank? Dwarves with Gants and brute force units? Undead with no-retaliation, aways regenerating units? Demons with constantly etaliating units? Pure Dragon Parites? Lizards, summoning tons of meat shield units, as well as units that everyone fears, capable of destroying 96 %of a single enemy troop if used properly?

In KBAP, everyone can have their pick of extras
Old 12-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

Yes you can ress them with evlin spell. I like griphons veru much but i didnt found any in my 2nd game .. always casual griphons i found ..
Old 12-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilian View Post
Can you Rez skeleton archers in AP?

I am at battle 120 atm but went to the elves already. I have found Hunters in 5 place but no elves...
Also did not found time back so far...

In KB:TL i have used timeback the most of all spells and abilities i think. I even have Disortion III already but no luck with the spell. (I have -20% LDR for griifins, works woth royals too, and +2 moral for griffins, so they are really good, but withouth timeback the enemy kills too many if i send them in the first round....)
Yes you can ress them by evlin spell (at my 1st playthrough havent use that spell even once), but you wont have to in 95% of cases (5% of cases when fighing heroes), you can use sacrifice + ressurection from inquisitors, its rather crappy (think that I got like 16 skeletons per sacrifice). In my case the only reason I had to replenish skeletons in my army is when I leveld up and got more leadership, but skeleton archers are unlimited at one point of the game (a bit expensive but still unlimited), combine it with no losses and they are almost a free unit.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

Okay, I am finally up to Baal but I'm having terrible trouble with him currently. I had to alter my team for K'Thalu to include more tanks, so now I'm using Knights, Paladins, Horsemen, Archmages and Royal Griffins. This worked okay for him, but now I am getting smashed by Baal. With Flaming Eyes and the Knight set, I am up to 44,000 leadership which gives me a hell of a lot of the above units. But it doesn't seem to matter. The biggest problem is Baal's 'flying sword' attack which hits three units. I am using the Royal Griffins + Phantom to make an unlimited supply of Heavenly Guards for cannon fodder, but that flying sword attack is too much. It does something like 12,000 damage on the Archmages.

So, advice? I have buffed my character with any Wanderers Scrolls that I had, but I didn't have a Titan's Sword left or the +10 defense one. Also, I could be using 21 Red Dragons instead. What to do?
Old 12-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

Well i could tell you take moro and dark knights xD screenshot what he does in prevoius page :p0 with black helmet and staf of acolyte necromancer to get much more of them xD

with such high leadership even evlin lvl 1 is sufficient. With 49k ld and those 2 itrms i had 500 of them .. so 455 +0.1x455 = 500 .. and as loong you have stoneskin on, you will not lose 45 blackies

Last edited by Elwin; 12-06-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

A way to keep low losses from that attack is to keep your 3 tanks (paladins, knights, horsemen) close to one another with stone skin always on. The swords hits the 3 units that are the closest to one another, and those 3 should be it. Also, keeping your ranged and support units on the back line helps a lot.

You should also employ the tactic where 2 units stand one behind another. The Heavenly Guards should be perfect for that with their high physical resistance. Baal is most likely to hit 2 units that are one behind another than throw his sword or summon allies (according to the boss attack table - hit 2 units if possible has the highest chance, the next is throw a sword, and finally summon allies if you have 5-6 units - if you have more than 6, the chance for him to summon allies increases progressively). Keep using the Heavenly guards that way and things may change.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

YES! I finally did it even if it drove me nearly crazy doing it. I realised that against Baal you have to attack and quickly. So I put away the Inquisitors and went for a team of Paladins, Knights, Horsemen, Inquisitors and Guardsmen. I had the Knight set (20% more leadership), Flaming Eyes and the Inquisitor sword, which meant I had something like 334 Paladins. I needed every one of them though.

The strategy was to allow Gilbert to cast Mass Haste and then use Stone Skin myself every turn. I made sure to have a line of two troops in front of Baal at the end of each turn to encourage him to hit me. That flying sword is a killer so you want to avoid it if you can. I took him down in about 12 turns by just repeatedly whacking him with the Knights, Paladins and Guardsmen. Mostly the Horsemen were for mopping up spawned enemies. If Baal takes a certain percentage of his damage, he will do the attack that destroys part of the ledge, but no matter.

The trick I was trying to pull off (and it took about four tries to get it right) was to almost kill him and then allow him to spawn some stuff before finishing him off. I used Blind at first to try to complete my resurrections, but I kept running out of time and mana, and it was a pain. Then I realised that if I left a stack of Scoffer Imps, I'd be able to do it as Scoffers have 3 rounds of special attacks (2 x Fireball and 1 x Enrage) and THEN they have no retaliation. Perfect. So I used Calm Rage to get more Mana and kept pumping out the Phantomed Paladins every turn. Probably took about six turns of this until I was back up to full stacks.

Then, after all of this, the sweetest of victories!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screen_091206_001.bmp (3.71 MB, 156 views)
File Type: bmp screen_091206_004.bmp (3.71 MB, 70 views)
File Type: bmp screen_091206_005.bmp (3.71 MB, 71 views)
Old 12-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Well done, Zhuangzi!!!

That's the stuff. You too prove to be a master of KBAP. Getting a no-loss win is not based on advices only - but on good tactics on the part of the player as well. I thank you for your kind words, but it is you who should be commended entirely

Once again, great work
Old 12-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Congrats Zhuangzi!
Old 12-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

Grats.

I am not planning to win the last battle with no loss, there must be heroic sacrifices to rember