Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 02-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

Gamers Gate now says May!
http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?...at=coming_soon

1C, Nike-it!
Can you please tell us what is going on?
Looking at my last post with promises of release dates going back from June of last year, this is frankly getting ridiculous.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Approved Member

In germany the game is already available since end of February although sold out at amazon.

The most famous gaming magazine "Gamestar" gave the game only 57% though....
Old 03-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

I'm happy for you Germans. Lucky you.
It's a pity my German is on the same level as my Russian. I know that gewehr means vintovka but thats about it.

And I will not take one review too seriously. The reviewer are probably an FPS-afficionado or something.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

1C, Nike-it:

We have noticed that you have changed the release data (again) to April 2009.
Now we are all wondering, would that be April 1st?

Really, this thread is one of the most viewed on your forum with over 12.300 hits, in-spite of it being hidden away in a sub-forum. That is because there are a lot of people who are interested in this game, people who care.

Please take a step towards better public relations and customer service, and inform us about what is happening. We all want to know if we should stick to our guns here, so to speak, or start to admit to ourselves that there might never be an English release of 7.62.

Your silence is not helping either of us.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Default I choose flabbergasted

Un - be - lievable! The game truly was released in Germany and is by now available at Amazon. Actually, only available at Amazon.

Time to give it a shot then.

Oh, @Kizmiaz not to worry. As a native german i can assure that a low score on Gamestar is considered favourable for some games, since this is one of the most mainstream - sucking, brown-nosing and hypeselling gaming magazines available, so unless a game is published by EA or contains "Battlefield xxx" in it's name, it's gotta be crap for the editors.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosenben View Post
Oh, @Kizmiaz not to worry. As a native german i can assure that a low score on Gamestar is considered favourable for some games, since this is one of the most mainstream - sucking, brown-nosing and hypeselling gaming magazines available, so unless a game is published by EA or contains "Battlefield xxx" in it's name, it's gotta be crap for the editors.
Nah......I don´t know, it´s even only 51% the magazine gave 7.62 ! They critizised the bad camera and that you have to move it all the time to get a good view in the fights and even then they say it´s difficult to get along in houses on the upper stairs. In addition fights are only a very small part, another big and dull part are the many dialogues and the "job" you got to do: bring thing "a" along to person "b" - and so on......

I will wait for some more reviews to get a more detailed info about the game. TRhe "fanboys" reviews don´t help either
Old 03-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

Oh, not to worry. Got it yesterday, played it for two hours. It's got loads of problems... CtDs, loads of bugs, non-existing balancing and so on... in the same vein as BE5 i'd say. I really like the game, but i wouldn't consider myself a fanboy. Won't assign a percentage, since there are some things splendidly done, and some others suck horribly. But nevertheless, DON'T trust Gamestar reviews. My guess is 7.62 will be shredded in 75% of the reviews, some will recognize it's potential. Gamestar is NOT famous for recognizing potential...
Old 03-13-2009, 06:33 AM
Approved Member

And another review from a german online magazine:

http://www.gamecaptain.de/PC/Artikel...7_62_Test.html

It gave 51% ! To be honest, the game isn´t really good. Planed as JA3, I am glad, that strategy first recognized early enough that it was too bad to carry the name JA3 and they revoke the licence. Hope there will be a rellay good JA3 sometimes.
Heard rumors, that in 2010 Akella will bring an official JA3......
Old 03-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGonzo View Post
And another review from a german online magazine:

http://www.gamecaptain.de/PC/Artikel...7_62_Test.html

It gave 51% ! To be honest, the game isn´t really good. Planed as JA3, I am glad, that strategy first recognized early enough that it was too bad to carry the name JA3 and they revoke the licence. Hope there will be a rellay good JA3 sometimes.
Heard rumors, that in 2010 Akella will bring an official JA3......
For your information, neither Brigade E5 nor 7.62 mm has ever been supposed to be Jagged Alliance 3.
Of course, the developers from Apeiron were inspired by the JA-series, but they have never been part of the JA-franchise.

IMO, BE5's and 7.62's combat and weapon system are in every way superior to the JA-series. A future JA3 would benefit immensely from it.

Then there are many, many other things that the JA-series has done much better than BE5/7.62, but that really goes without saying.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:38 AM
Approved Member

7,62 is going to be released during April, I'll try to find out the exact date and post it ASAP.