Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 04-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

Default Specific Crashing Error

Hello,
I have been playing this game as of late and have grown increasingly frustrated by the fact that the game has gotten to a point that it can't get past.
I have the random crashing issues where it crashes every few hours of gameplay, but there is one spot on a mission that the game always, I mean every time, 6 times in a row, crashes. It's when you do the mission where you meet with the two other guys to go crash into the water tower and destroy the "bad guys'" compound. I think that it is called "go meet at the gorge". Any way, after you meet at the truck stop and the cinematic plays, the second it goes back to gameplay, it stops and the whole thing goes back to desktop. Sometimes it has a "Rig'n'Roll has stopped working" dialog box, but it always crashes. You can see the game load, as it fades from black into game play and you can see all the models loaded and the sound works, but as it completes fading back to reality it dies.

Specs:
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 (1.9GHz) tried at this setting and tried with CPU OC'ed to 2.2 GHz. Same error. Problem is not CPU.
RAM: 3Gb DDR2 800
Video Card: 9800GT

Before saying it, the problem is NOT the CPU. I have checked, and also ran the game at 2.4GHz and 2.5GHz and it was no different.

It seems almost like a file is missing or corrupted. Does anybody know what this is or how to fix it?
Old 04-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately the problem is related to your system speed. You are just barely meeting the minimal specs in relation to CPU Speed. The game just simply can’t handle 1.9GHz - 2.5GHz as you described. Many people have had crashes at the same particular point, or multiple points. I’m not saying you don’t have other issues, like a corrupt, or missing file, but this is the most common as reported all over this forum when using a CPU slower than 3.0GHz as described HERE. I’m sorry I can’t assist you further, and I strongly doubt anyone else could.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Registered Member

Yup, I just reinstalled it and it did nothing. Guess I will have to wait a while to play this game in it's full capacity. (Still waiting for Bulldozer. Stubborn fanboyism that is.) Thanks for getting back on that then. People here are more helpful (responsive) than the publisher/dev that's for sure.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtoid View Post
Thanks for getting back on that then. People here are more helpful (responsive) than the publisher/dev that's for sure.
You’re quite welcome. I believe that a moderator is not just a peace-keeper, but should be very fluent about the game forum he/she moderates. I try to answer all questions on the same day as the member submits it.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Registered Member

So... I thought that I'm ok with the system related part but I guess I'm not. I just received 4th crash to desktop today when being nearby garage. There is no communicate at all. My system specs are not the issue... so what can be? That's sad, I can often get to the garage normally but I'm scared and I have to save the game every time before I try to do that
Old 04-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

Since you have the Polish version, I can’t really help here. Maybe one of our Polish gammers can lend a hand. Only one thing comes to mind though, and that is you have a 2.8GHz over clocked to 3.6GHz I think you said in another post. I have heard some unfavorable remarks to over-clocking a system in other forums, and this may be a problem. I never did this, so I personally can’t say for sure. I simply just don’t do it for my own peace of mind.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Installing 270.51 NV drivers seems to have helped me with this issue. Another thing is that I resigned from the story mode, and I'm focusing on developing my company (I don't play the story itself) and it's all ok now
Old 05-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

I cannot use my communicator anymore (F3 menu). So if I want to see some specs of a misssion it isn't possible anymore. The screen will just freeze when I hit F3, after I hit escape I can move on with the game
Anyone familiar with this bug?
Old 06-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Well , I still can't find a solution for my crashing issue. It happens whenever particles from wet road should start to come of the truck. Only thing that fixes thsi problem is instaling old drivers with wich it worked. And yeah I allways update drivers from nvidia. My card geforce 240 gt.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Approved Member

Unhappy

@Flykas,

An unusual problem indeed. Sorry I can’t offer any further advice other than what I stated in my last post. I don’t believe it’s a game issue. It may have something to do with your graphics card, or driver. Hopefully someone can assist you further on this forum.