Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: Do you want Red outs and black outs in simulation mode?
Yes 56 91.80%
no (post your reasons why) 5 8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
I JUST WANT THIS GAME SO DAMN MUCH!!! I FEEL LIKE A CRACK ADDICT OR SOMETHING!!! COME TO ME!!!!

*Straightens self up*

I just really really really really really want this game to come out already. The wait is KILLING me.
Nicely put
Old 07-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauptmannMolders View Post
Of course we'd all love to have these things and frankly I did expect these features to be here so yes I'm dissappointed BUT I'm sick of people whining about every single little detail of this game. This type of moaning is what makes even slightly more casual gamers think sim fans are losers and make no mistake this game is trying to straddle both sides ON PURPOSE. Lets be honest it would appear at this stage, prior to its release, that this game is going to set a new bench mark for flight games on consoles. That is all I ask. We may be abe to get pickier on the second edition but for now the guys that have made this game have poured untold millions of dollars and tens of thousands of hours into a game that if unsuccessful may ruin their company. I for one want every espect to be perfect but even if it is missing a few things the first time around, I am extremely excited and very grateful for the work they have done.

+>>
That isnt a little detail. that is a major effect of pulling high Gs. a little detail is the gauges arent in the right place, or the trees look too green. Its not a flight simulator if it isnt simulating flight, and if you dont black out when u pull major G's it isnt a flight simulator... its.. Blazing Angles or battlestations pacific or something
Old 07-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSuave View Post
That isnt a little detail. that is a major effect of pulling high Gs. a little detail is the gauges arent in the right place, or the trees look too green. Its not a flight simulator if it isnt simulating flight, and if you dont black out when u pull major G's it isnt a flight simulator... its.. Blazing Angles or battlestations pacific or something
A flight simulator does NOT require Blackouts/Redouts. yes it may provide an extra added reality to the game but is not in the slightest necessary.

So please dont say this game is Blazing angels or battlestations pacific, because they just dont fall into the same category.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Approved Member

You could use the argument that a game can't be a flight sim without blackouts/redouts to say that a game can't be a flight sim without players having to go through twenty or so steps to start the engine, because if you are missing either you aren't completely simulating flight.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

I'll put it this way. Its the first game of its kind on consoles, it won't be perfect but from what we seen, it will be close. So, for the sake of the game, stop getting picky.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
You could use the argument that a game can't be a flight sim without blackouts/redouts to say that a game can't be a flight sim without players having to go through twenty or so steps to start the engine, because if you are missing either you aren't completely simulating flight.
Absolutely. Which brings us to the point that....it's impossible to simulate flight.

People need to be thankful that we are getting BoP at all.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Absolutely. Which brings us to the point that....it's impossible to simulate flight.

People need to be thankful that we are getting BoP at all.
Not quite The flight simulator/cockpit setups used to simulate flight for real pilots come incredibly close to the real thing.

You are right though, we should be glad we are getting an Il2 game on consoles, let alone one which stays so close to the realism of the PC games. For myself, I finally get to play Il2 with all my Xbox Live buddies, and it looks like this will be the best game in the series so far. Mind you, Storm of War is going to annihilate this game, but that is something for the future
Old 07-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

HERE YA GO! I GOT REDOUT, BLACKOUT, BLUEOUT AND PURPLEOUT!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

is ww3 going to break out? on 1 side Anton and every1 who says live with it and on the other people who desperately want blackouts
Old 07-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
HERE YA GO! I GOT REDOUT, BLACKOUT, BLUEOUT AND PURPLEOUT!

hahah

You are on a roll today.