Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: Do you want Red outs and black outs in simulation mode?
Yes 56 91.80%
no (post your reasons why) 5 8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt_medina View Post
I have just called the moderator for your post. I am not gonna tolerate your insults just because I have a different opinion with all of you.
I have never insulted anyone, I just said what I think is my sense on this topic, if you disagree with what I said, ok different points of view are great to find a solution. But never ever insult me that way.

But don´t worry This is the last time I complain about something.
Um, I think he was talking about someone else.

@versapak - good post.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:43 AM
Approved Member

lol - I'm a little surprised at how seriously everyone is taking this. Anton, by the sound of it you're doing a _brilliant_ job of managing expectations for the game, which I'm looking forward to more than any game this year (and while I love my sims, I was/am also pumped for Killzone/Uncharted/inFamous/MW2 - IL2:BoP has these in it's wake though ).

I also voted that I'd prefer redouts and blackouts in the game, as they do help keep the actual maneouvres possible more realistic. BUT, as Anton has well described, I'd be very surprised if the console crowd is ready for it - especially in a game that I'm sure all of us are hoping will sell well. As far as I know, Energy Airforce, for the PS2 is the only console game I'm aware of that had redouts and blackouts, and it was no-where near popular (or realistic) enough to have prepared the Blazing Angels and Ace Combat crowd for a 'real' sim. What BoP will do (hopefully) is lay the groundwork for many more sim-style flyers on consoles, and if it has to make a few concessions to do this well and good. BoP looks like it will be a _really_ good game, and takes flight games further than they've ever been on console before.

Of course, if it was possible to have a 'hardcore' mode added through DLC, with blackouts/redouts and whatnot else, I wouldn't complain, and would get right into it - but I think that BoP will be a great game without it, and will still be plenty satisfying to the sim crowd (particularly the sim crowd that have lapsed due to the expensive nature of maintaining a PC set-up, who are likely to be a bit more relaxed about these things - and there's a _lot_ of them out there ). Bring BoP on as it is I say, and then it's up to gamers like us on these forums to make it successful, and then there'll be sequels with more hardcore options. I pre-ordered my copy last week, and am counting down the days .
Old 07-27-2009, 02:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe99 View Post
lol - I'm a little surprised at how seriously everyone is taking this. Anton, by the sound of it you're doing a _brilliant_ job of managing expectations for the game, which I'm looking forward to more than any game this year (and while I love my sims, I was/am also pumped for Killzone/Uncharted/inFamous/MW2 - IL2:BoP has these in it's wake though ).

I also voted that I'd prefer redouts and blackouts in the game, as they do help keep the actual maneouvres possible more realistic. BUT, as Anton has well described, I'd be very surprised if the console crowd is ready for it - especially in a game that I'm sure all of us are hoping will sell well. As far as I know, Energy Airforce, for the PS2 is the only console game I'm aware of that had redouts and blackouts, and it was no-where near popular (or realistic) enough to have prepared the Blazing Angels and Ace Combat crowd for a 'real' sim. What BoP will do (hopefully) is lay the groundwork for many more sim-style flyers on consoles, and if it has to make a few concessions to do this well and good. BoP looks like it will be a _really_ good game, and takes flight games further than they've ever been on console before.

Of course, if it was possible to have a 'hardcore' mode added through DLC, with blackouts/redouts and whatnot else, I wouldn't complain, and would get right into it - but I think that BoP will be a great game without it, and will still be plenty satisfying to the sim crowd (particularly the sim crowd that have lapsed due to the expensive nature of maintaining a PC set-up, who are likely to be a bit more relaxed about these things - and there's a _lot_ of them out there ). Bring BoP on as it is I say, and then it's up to gamers like us on these forums to make it successful, and then there'll be sequels with more hardcore options. I pre-ordered my copy last week, and am counting down the days .
+1
Old 07-27-2009, 03:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I have just called the moderator for your post. I am not gonna tolerate your insults just because I have a different opinion with all of you.
I have never insulted anyone, I just said what I think is my sense on this topic, if you disagree with what I said, ok different points of view are great to find a solution. But never ever insult me that way.

But don´t worry This is the last time I complain about something.
Hmm please also ask the moderator to add "unhealthy levels of paranoia" to my original post.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

don't get mad, get even...and get used to bizarre reactions on public forums...

not taking sides just sayin...

ps as an aside the more I read up the less serious the effects of red/blackouts were in WWII combat- apart from dive bombing-never realised the Stuka had an automatic pullout system (sounds really handy on a Friday night)
________
BUY CANNABIS SEEDS

Last edited by juz1; 02-24-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

Really, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Anton has said he will see about including blackouts/redouts in a future patch, so there isn't any reason to argue about this subject. Also, given the time frame and the way the game is gold, it is quite possible such a patch could be released at launch.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Moreover, it were actually us who made this feature. And it is painful to know that the feature that was made, implemented, tested, polished and even presented to public already - isn't in the game now. There were reasons for it. Probably, not good enough for some of you - but we have to make choices all the time, a lot of them.
All other sims have blackouts/redouts including the original IL2 and it was never an issue with anyone, it was a 6G blackout, not one person ever had a problem with it. Not having it means this is not a simulation by any stretch of the imagination. Being able to blackout through high G manouvers is probably one of the core elements of a flight simulation where no G suits are factored into it. Nearly every half decent book written by a WW2 pilot has paragraphs on blacking out and its affect on combat.

This is a massive disappointment as I was hoping consoles would finally get a simulator. Thankfully Storm of War:BoB will be out this year also.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post

This is HIGHLY dissapointing for a fan of flight games , and could potentially destroy multiplayer for the hardcore flight guys.
+1 All this means is you'll see people online doing completely impossible manouvers. Now i bet they announce that critical speed for airframes isn't modelled either...
Old 07-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo View Post
Thankfully Storm of War:BoB will be out this year also.
lol
Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

I JUST WANT THIS GAME SO DAMN MUCH!!! I FEEL LIKE A CRACK ADDICT OR SOMETHING!!! COME TO ME!!!!

*Straightens self up*

I just really really really really really want this game to come out already. The wait is KILLING me.