Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 02-19-2012, 04:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
Do you use the .bat file to connect with? I'm not kidding in saying that we rarely have launcher crashes now. We all would have launcher crashes if we continued to fly sortie after sortie, sure. But to have one in 20 minutes sounds like you are pushing your resources a bit.

The majority of us have turned our resolution down a bit (saves on memory and tbh doesn't effect much visually other than you can see cons better), and I can fly sortie after sortie in a 109, running it out of fuel (from 100% at take-off) and never get one. The biggest thing, again, is using the .bat file, and restarting the game after every sortie (regardless if it's only 5 minutes). The .bat file makes it a 20 second process to reconnect/restart the game.

I know this is just avoiding the real problem, but the fact of the matter is we honestly rarely have launcher crashes by following this guideline. Obviously, we want a fix as bad as everyone else, but we can enjoy it now.
I'm with Bliss on this one .. there is something in your configuration that is causing your launcher crashes.. 20 min into the game.. I remember you having your system specs in you Sig at one time I thought.. but they aren't there now... Mind posting them again? There has got to be a way to fix this problem. I do realize all these ideas are work around.. but if they allow us to enjoy the sim now, it is worth it! I've flown with you on the ATAG Server, and would like to see you and anyone else get their game in working order. There are a lot of talented and knowledgeable people that Im pretty sure could assist you and anyone else having troubles. (Maybe a teamspeak workshop dedicated for people having problems getting there game to work right, or optimized.. ) could be organized in either the Tech. Section or Performance Sect. In the forums for a time to gather and meet on TS.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit/AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B50 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 2gig/8gigs of RipJaw 1600
Old 02-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Haven't had a launcher crash this year (knock on wood) and I fly on the ATAG Server at least 1 to 2 hours per night (after family goes to bed). My PC is hardly cutting edge, the 2.67 Mhz cpu can't be overclocked because the BIOS is locked (boo! hiss! to Gateway). I have 12 Gigs of RAM for video work I do on this PC; it doesn't play a role for Cliffs of Dover......but I'd still want to have at least 6 Gigs for CoD + 80 gazillion background Windows processes.

I have a very basic start up for CoD which I consider as no more hassle than the basic start up procedure for a Spitfire:

1. Navigate to the 1C Softclub/IL2 Sturmovik folder and delete Cache
2. Start Track IR
3. Start FRAPS (optional -- George Lucas & Stephen Spielberg insist on this)
4. Start TARGET (that's my Warthog HOTAS scripting software. Didn't need to include this; just bragging)
5. Start Teamspeak
6. Start CoD (from the Teamspeak link)
7. Do a quick check in Options/Controls/Axis to make sure that all control levers are still correctly assigned. Sometimes after a PC reboot after doing video editing (a REAL memory hog) the CoD axis on my CH Quadrant change values. Takes literally 30 seconds to check and reassign if necessary.

That's it. I don't bother exiting and restarting CoD after each sortie, but even that is no big whoop using the Teamspeak start-CoD link. The whole 7-step procedure takes, what....5 minutes? 4 minutes? Considering the huge enjoyment I consistently get out of hooking up with the guys on Teamspeak and frequently responding to emergency calls like "I need help guys.....there's three 110's diving on the radar towers at I12 and I'm all alone here!" --- a 5 minute get-it-all-started routine is NBD, IMHO.