Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

View Poll Results: What would you like next??
Wellington and Beaufighter for BoB Theatre 70 46.36%
Battle over Moscow Theatre 81 53.64%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2011, 02:06 AM
tarks

The ability to make maps / islands more then anything. All this other stuff can modded into it then.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Not to be rude, but where did it ever mention that Moscow was going to be a 3rd party expansion? The only 3rd party ware I know of is Deasastersoft's. Also, where did they fold in these 3rd party developers?

Luthier was the lead developer of a third party addon for the Korean theater using the new IL-2 engine. Luthier and his team dropped work on the Korean addon to help Oleg finish COD, and Oleg eventually made Luthier the front man while he pursued other interests.

There were large banners announcing the Battle for Moscow at Russian Expo that was also highlighting COD months before COD's release. I assumed at the time it was going to be third party addon as the developers were still working hard on COD, but its quite conceivable that the map, object, and aircraft modellers had finished and were available for the next sequel long before COD was finished. COD's troubles aren't map, object, or aircraft models related. The Battle for Moscow development team is all speculation on my part.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 12-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
Anything that includes a P-51.
Sorry, I normally do not correct people, but you spelled FW 190 wrong.
Gainward GeForce GTX 580 Phantom 3GB GDD
CRUCIAL SSD 128GB M4 + Samsung EcoGreen F4 2000GB SATA II
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium
MS SW FFB2 + CH-Pro Throttle/Pedals
TrackIR 3 + Vector Expansion (drv. 5.1.3) + Charvel's profile
Samsung Syncmaster 240T (1920x1200)
win7 ult 64bit
Old 12-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
Luthier was the lead developer of a third party addon for the Korean theater using the new IL-2 engine. Luthier and his team dropped work on the Korean addon to help Oleg finish COD, and Oleg eventually made Luthier the front man while he pursued other interests.

There were large banners announcing the Battle for Moscow at Russian Expo that was also highlighting COD months before COD's release. I assumed at the time it was going to be third party addon as the developers were still working hard on COD, but its quite conceivable that the map, object, and aircraft modellers had finished and were available for the next sequel long before COD was finished. COD's troubles aren't map, object, or aircraft models related. The Battle for Moscow development team is all speculation on my part.
A new engine though would mean they probably need to put more work into the older models for lighting/shading and LOD change reasons.