Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

Nameless done. Up to about 270 fights or so. It's day 23 but I will have to travel around a bit to finish a few quests. I finally got the Pain Skull but I think it might be too late in the game. It's only down to 84% and there's only Reha left. The thing is that I am generating rage and mana so fast that it hardly seems to matter that I am using the Pain Skull.

Would you believe I am going camping this weekend? I'm sure it'll be fun, but that means that Reha will have to wait two days or so.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Approved Member

Keep up the good work, guys! I can see that both of you enjoy the game big time as well as its challenges

Zhuangzi, I would propose that you leave the skull as it is and use something else, if you have it (Dragon Necklace will do). You have 30 battles + a few suppressions or item upgrades at most, which will push up the battle count to 300-305 at most. That's only 35 battles. The skull reduces its counter by 1-3% each fight, and you need to be really lucky in order to get to to 0% by the end of the game.

Have fun on your camping trip. I'll be doing something like that on Saturday - a hiking trip. 24 kilometers
Old 12-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Approved Member

Not much a challenge .. running at half leadership army and taknig down everything easily ... uldara is first who got me in trouble for no loses .. but for exa,ple i had 90 of 200 paladins .. killed everything in elon except her and headeing to nameless.. i will be back and she wil be in troubles ;p

Since half of game it was clear to me that i should just prepare for ktahu and baal

Last edited by Elwin; 12-03-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Approved Member

For me it is still pretty hard, but at leas i can kill leathal armies except a few really irritating kind if enemies.
I am at the 100th battle atm. (no losses)
Money is finally not a problem
Tried out Assassins and for me they work better than snakes (i got not snake boosting item) bat not a big difference anyway.

Lots of shamman in a lethal enemy are really the pain in the ass, they have TONS of hp and they can kill any of my units with the axe spell.

Can i somehow guide the lightning orbs to a spcific enemy?
Old 12-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Well, the AI chooses the target with the most HP overall or the most dangerous one currently. So if a goblin stack has the most HP, the AI will attack it. A way to remedy that is to cast awaken dragon and summon another Lightning Orb, which will surely hit it.

It's a bit dodgy, and you should be aware that you can't get 2 orbs to attack the same enemy, but they can take out quite a bunch of units in one go anyway.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Preparing for the last battle and kinda confused wh exactly to do,

I am gonna do ktahu+bal with dark knight army but

1. i didnt free moro so i do not have splnter of darkness . could redo part with nameless and shattera but its quite tedious to do that again ..

2 another point is i do not have much black nights .. just 50 .. tried o get it with call necro scroll but no luck .. sacrificing would be realy tedoius ,,, i would need to rise like 300 of them with a warior its too much work ... the easiest would be wth moro and train knights into black knights.

3 And then come 3rd thing .. armorer beraer with proper slots ...i have a helm dwecreasing black night leadership to make a set with splinter. But moro do not have artifact slot .. so as warior i would be strict to just one atifact - and i have rage eater, splinter,death skull ancient amulet to choose ....
Also i do no have any good armor .. i have awesome dresses of the mages but he cant wear the.. bonus to morale of undead is good point also ,, just that lack of atifact is a pain ..

other choice could be agvares he got artifact slot and can wear dresses .. but no helmet and 4th slot ith belt/gloves would be epty i do not have ny decent one to give him ...

hard choices ;s

Edit : didnt notice splinter is regalia. that chnages a little but i dont realy feel i wanna do that battle s again

Last edited by Elwin; 12-04-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

OK didnt need that splinter, black nights is the most ovrpowered unit KB:AP. Killed hard ktahu in 5 round (rest was kling fking gorgiuanas) and ball in 10 rounds no loss ...

Iys over i did it .. ktahu nad baal like 5-10 min real time xD

Oh and final ktahu blow was for 60K but somehow didnt catch it in scrrenshot or i wil re do its jsut 5 min of fight );P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baal.jpg (465.0 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg baalend.jpg (519.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg ktahu.jpg (475.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg ktahuend.jpg (542.3 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by Elwin; 12-04-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Approved Member

Finished the game at impossible with a warrior today (1st attempt, started at impossible, because I know KB: Legend 100%), basically the no losses is easy as hell once you get a proper army + a decent amount of mana.

My main strategy was:
1 tank - royal griffin (best tank for a warrior In my opinion, can summon Angelic Guards - very nice unit - can Cheer = the best buff in the game)

Damagers:
Hunters - avaible once some castless were conquered
Elves - a bit weaker version of hunters, still very powerfull
Skeleton Archer - HUGE damagers, with items +talents they got almost 70% crit !!!! did not use dragon arrows, cause it was nerfed badly in AP, in late game with a crit (70% of the time) they did around 25,000 dmg each round if the enemy was in range.
Inquisitors - I know they suck, but the only archer worth swaping for a warrior was a goblin.. and elves hate undead and orcs so the loss of morale was too great, and the skeleton archers were my primal dps)

The most important thing : Turn Back Time spell (30 mana for a creature lvl 4), once you have it you can take lethal or invincible monsters without any worries, with no losses.

Basic strategy:

1) You send griffins without attacking close to the enemy ranged units to block them, and cast summon Angelic Guards if the enemy is very strong, or cheer if you know the battle wont last long.

2) You rape the enemy with your archers, starting with their ranged units

3) at turn 2, put your inquisitors on wait, attack with all the rest, then when the enemy will move its every unit cast Turn Back Time on Royal griffins.

4) Turn 3: if you are low on mana, use your dragon to replenish it or cast Calm Rage.

5) Repeat steps 1-4 if necessary.

The only casualties you will have is when facing enemy heroes who cast offensive spells.

The reason why I used Royal Griffins instead of paladins:
- they counterattack every time, combine it with the +counterattack talent which gives +20% crit I think = pure awsomeness
- they fly - no need to worry about obsticles
- better speed and initiative then paladins
- cheer = best buff in game, not to mention the bonus to all humans (only inquisitors in my case..)
- can summon Angelic Guards, great units for blocking

The companion I used was the guy who gives bonus to archers crit chance, he gives 25% at the end = that is a great boost

Was also considering to make dark knights a tanking unit, with the artifact which makes them counterattack each time, but the flight+cheer+summon of a griffin owns.

IMPORTANT: this unit setup was made with the +1 morale bonus from the paladin tree talent, crown of elves (supressed every time the morale of the crown went to 0) = with those two, elves suffer no penatly for having an undead in the party, later on I got another great item +1 morale of all archers +dmg or sth. When choosing items look for +phisical dmg or dmg of all archers etc, or a +1 fire dmg item (from the demons set)

With the money you save that way, you can really abuse the rune shop, I had like 4,000,000 gold at one point (used treasure hunt in each battle 3 times) and bought runes for it and almost maxed out all three talent trees (finished the game at lvl 55)

Hope it helps, now starting a mage at impossible :>
Old 12-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

Very inovative strategy - I salute you!

I was really interested to see how a person with archer army will do. On paper it won't work that well, because archers generally, have low Health. Skel Archers should be dying easily, but still, with 2 always retaliating tanks in the enemy lines (Royals and Angelics), your archers will be safe most of the time - besides, if the enemy gets to your skellies, I suppose that there is nothing an evlin spell can't fix (because evlin resses part of the stack, and keeping in mindyou have thousands of sekl archers, that is not a problem).

Still, as warrior you are a small disadvantage - as a mage, you can easily cast Target + Stone skin at the begining of round one and simply watch the carnage with the same troop setup
Old 12-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

Can you Rez skeleton archers in AP?

I am at battle 120 atm but went to the elves already. I have found Hunters in 5 place but no elves...
Also did not found time back so far...

In KB:TL i have used timeback the most of all spells and abilities i think. I even have Disortion III already but no luck with the spell. (I have -20% LDR for griifins, works woth royals too, and +2 moral for griffins, so they are really good, but withouth timeback the enemy kills too many if i send them in the first round....)