Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Would everyone just leave this poor man alone? He's bought two copies (!), but you probably knew that because for some reason he says it in every other post. He's also very passionate about the game, although he shows it like Ted Bundy showed his passion for young women. He's a great fan of the IL-2 series and supports almost anything that will come from it, although 8 pounds is obviously too much.
Please let this man be, and let us hope he will do what he claimed in his first post in this topic: take his whining posts away & let us continue to enjoy our game in peace.

P.S. If anyone is wondering: this post does not require a reply.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndstone Hawk View Post
£7.99 on UK PS3? for 6 missions that players could've happily thrown together with great joy & satisfaction, if the trademark mission editor was present? and for 1 and a half airplanes? (being that only 1 plane having a cockpit & even that one's in the 'game' already as a big glaring mistake). And to fly said planes on said missions with the same broken 'game'?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'll have the laugh for you shall I?
That's what made you look like a jerk. I never actually said 'you are a jerk' though, I was merely pointing out how that post was rude, and didn't help you gain support for your views.

Now, have you downloaded the content? It would be unwise to make claims about it if you haven't even downloaded it. That applies for everyone including me.

I have nothing more to say in this topic. It's just another one of those 'I give you my views and you argue and give you views and repeat' threads, I've seen them before on many forums and websites, and one side of the argument will never convince the other side to change views.

Last edited by PantherAttack2; 10-09-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

I, for one, having been condoning the price of the DLC, namely because $5 is not a lot and I condone supporting a great title.

But finally it appeared last night (at midnight...wtf SCEE?) and I was expecting it to come in around the same price tag (£3.50 or so). But no, it's on at the monstrous price of £8. Now I just ran that through a currency converter, and despite the crappy GBP at the moment, that still converts to $12.75. I nearly didn't buy it, but I still want to support the game, so I did. Despite already having unlocked the TA152, and it having no extra trophies.

That is outrageous IMO. It's not even like they had to load it onto a ship and sail it across the Atlantic.

But I still don't feel ripped off as a console owner. I do, however, feel ripped off as an Englishman relative to America.

How the f*ck do the publishers justify this?

EDIT: P.S. LOL @ AncientSeraph's last post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
I, for one, having been condoning the price of the DLC, namely because $5 is not a lot and I condone supporting a great title.

But finally it appeared last night (at midnight...wtf SCEE?) and I was expecting it to come in around the same price tag (£3.50 or so). But no, it's on at the monstrous price of £8. Now I just ran that through a currency converter, and despite the crappy GBP at the moment, that still converts to $12.75. I nearly didn't buy it, but I still want to support the game, so I did. Despite already having unlocked the TA152, and it having no extra trophies.

That is outrageous IMO. It's not even like they had to load it onto a ship and sail it across the Atlantic.

But I still don't feel ripped off as a console owner. I do, however, feel ripped off as an Englishman relative to America.

How the f*ck do the publishers justify this?

EDIT: P.S. LOL @ AncientSeraph's last post
If its any consolation, it still costed more for American PS3 owners than it did for Xbox owners from what I've been hearing. I only ever heard that it was $5 or its equivalent on the Xbox, but when I go onto the PSN, its $9.99. Seemed a bit pricey, but hey, I really want to try and support this game, and $10 isn't too much to ask.

Been having great fun with the Jug though. That thing is good at making things explode ^^ Or tear to pieces if you hit them with the fifty cals.

Can't say that I've been particularly happy with how the publishers have handled this game's release, but it has been a lot of fun, and I definately don't regret buying it. I haven't played a good air combat game in ages, and its nice to get back into the genre after so long. Especially with HAWKS sucking (well, I wasn't fond of it anyway), and the Ace Combat series jumping ship to the Xbox (Hey, it was fun for how over the top it got at times. Who doesnt enjoy fighting a giant, UAV spewing doom-ship....thing. lol).

Its especially nice to get back to WWII era air combat. Its just so much more satisfying to rip your enemy to shreds with machineguns and cannons. Pushing a button to launch a sidewinder just isn't as fun. Rockets are always fun too, and it always puts a smile on my face when I see a big, slow bomber explode when you peg them with one. ILs too. Lets see your fancy, bullet-absorbing armor take a rocket hit. lol

Last edited by RCfalcon; 10-09-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
Would everyone just leave this poor man alone? He's bought two copies (!), but you probably knew that because for some reason he says it in every other post. He's also very passionate about the game, although he shows it like Ted Bundy showed his passion for young women. He's a great fan of the IL-2 series and supports almost anything that will come from it, although 8 pounds is obviously too much.
Please let this man be, and let us hope he will do what he claimed in his first post in this topic: take his whining posts away & let us continue to enjoy our game in peace.

P.S. If anyone is wondering: this post does not require a reply.

Find but ONE example where I refer to or regard BoP as being in the 'IL-2' Series. Like I say in my Ted Bundy way, and have ALWAYS MAINTAINED; it's worlds apart. I bought two copies (hey guys he said it again) because the marketing strategy led me into thinking it was indeed a title worthy of the name. Please get that through your unfunny, fanboy mind and it would be so wise to cut the word twisting for a cheap laugh.

Hey dude, laugh & mock me with sarcasm at my expense; Hell you can even refer to me as a mass murderer of women as your hilarious quote implies, if that's what gets you off & gets you the laughs & respect you require. Do whatever I don't mind but .... DON'T TWIST MY WORDS!!!!

Perhaps this post does not require a reply because of your false belief in your 'larger than life', 'funnier than thou' rhoutine.

Last edited by Houndstone Hawk; 10-09-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

8 quid for 2 planes and a few "missions". Er, No thanks.

Even if the game was fixed (which it isn't), or we had a patch date (which we don't) and the planes were new (not just a lazy unlock) I doubt this would be worth more than 4 quid.

It ranks alongside the Little Big Planet costumes as the biggest ripoff on PSN.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeynuts View Post
8 quid for 2 planes and a few "missions". Er, No thanks.

Even if the game was fixed (which it isn't), or we had a patch date (which we don't) and the planes were new (not just a lazy unlock) I doubt this would be worth more than 4 quid.

It ranks alongside the Little Big Planet costumes as the biggest ripoff on PSN.
Don't forget about the Soul Caliber IV "exclusive characters" or the Resident Evil 5 multiplayer. OH! and the Street Fighter IV and Blazblue alternate costumes and colors. ...lots of DLC rip-offs, come to think of it.

I definately felt this DLC was over-priced, but I still got it because I've always liked the P-47 (and thankfully, its a joy to fly), and I want to support this game. I really don't want this to be its only entry on the consoles, I have certainly played the hell out of it, my friends too.

I really hope that patch comes out soon though. I want my Mustang to actually fly properly. Hopefully the sequel will be more polished as well. Still, for a first attempt on a console, and an air combat game on the console, BoP has been a lot of fun.

I can definately agree with your (and probably a lot of others) sentiments about the DLC, and had this game not already have been priced cheaper than other new games, and not been so fun, I would not have gotten it either.