Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virre89 View Post
About that PM , ye i was just gonna se if you were about to post it and yes it's the Zapatista i remember always running to the admins for help.
poor recovery attempt there with your little edits

so now you are trying to convince us it was not just another rude little temper outburst from you that you tried to sneak in because you thought daddy wasnt watching, but in fact it was some really profound and cunning plan ? wew, now where did i last see that level of reasoning..... ahh primary skool probably
Old 04-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
poor recovery attempt there with your little edits

so now you are trying to convince us it was not just another rude little temper outburst from you that you tried to sneak in because you thought daddy wasnt watching, but in fact it was some really profound and cunning plan ? wew, now where did i last see that level of reasoning..... ahh primary skool probably
<3 love you too
Old 05-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Approved Member

Some people just like to argue.If someone said water was wet,someone else would say the opposite!
Its good that its been moved here,where nobody comes,so you two can fight in peace!
Old 05-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Approved Member

its also good that the promotion of a poorly designed, but potentially competing flightsim product, is moved out of the BoB/il2 forum
Old 05-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Default An Amazing Simulation

Put aside all the kids whining, i am really looking forward to Rise of Flight. It's just about 5 days left until the release in Russia and CIS and we've all been awaiting a quality simulator for years, this might just be it and if you don't enjoy ww1 or the quality of the product no one forces you to play it.

No product is perfect nor flawless that goes for IL2 , SoW:BOB, RoF and all the other games out there or still in development, and we'll be getting the reviews of RoF soon enough and then everyone can base their decisions on some real facts. Besides Zapatista how IL2 looks today in terms of content can in no way be compared to the release of RoF, since the initial release of IL2 back in 2001 it has received constant engine & environment updates along with payware and freeware packs which made it what it is today.

The same goes for RoF anything can be implemented in patches, updates and addons.

- Zauii

Last edited by zauii; 05-04-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zauii View Post
The same goes for RoF anything can be implemented in patches, updates and addons.
- Zauii
except of course that with il2 you purchased a complete game with lots of flyable planes from the start which you could play on your own offline in single missions or as a campaign, and use coops over lan and the internet, and didnt require you to give your CC information online to some unknown company. it had lots of free updates and patches, then had further addons and improvements over the years that made major improvements (those were for sale)

compare that to RoF, where you only get 2 flyable planes at the start, and immediately are expected to keep paying more money to add more planes, you cant play it offline, can only buy the game online with a CC which goes to some foreign country that isnt governed by our consumer laws, and you need a cray supercomputer to run scenery which looks like a 1990's game just because they added 100's of trees that eat your cpu cycles

i'd say those 2 consumer options are very different
Old 05-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
except of course that with il2 you purchased a complete game with lots of flyable planes from the start which you could play on your own offline in single missions or as a campaign, and use coops over lan and the internet, and didnt require you to give your CC information online to some unknown company. it had lots of free updates and patches, then had further addons and improvements over the years that made major improvements (those were for sale)

compare that to RoF, where you only get 2 flyable planes at the start, and immediately are expected to keep paying more money to add more planes, you cant play it offline, can only buy the game online with a CC which goes to some foreign country that isnt governed by our consumer laws, and you need a cray supercomputer to run scenery which looks like a 1990's game just because they added 100's of trees that eat your cpu cycles

i'd say those 2 consumer options are very different
No point in discussing with you anymore, you're behaving like a child somewhere along these lines "IL2 is my favorite TOY and its WAY better than yours no matter what you say or do so piss off neighbor,". I don't know if you're just a 56k user pissed due to the online connection judging that you're first complaint only was about it.

If you wanna consider yourself a winner of the thread war go ahead you've changed no-ones opinion by doing it, just making a fool out of yourself.
If you want to discuss in real time ; headyownz@hotmail.com is my msn you're more than welcome or you'll find me at SIMHQ.

// Last post // Last Visit

Last edited by zauii; 05-13-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
its also good that the promotion of a poorly designed, but potentially competing flightsim product, is moved out of the BoB/il2 forum
despite all the bugs and only a few planes (in this initial russian release) ROF is THE BEST SIM UP TO F....ING DATE.....period

I dunno if you were with the demo of IL2 back then in 2001 like we....do you know how many poor ppl like you acted in the same way? hehe

Last edited by Tvrdi; 05-13-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
No point in discussing with you anymore,
your not "discussing" anything, maybe look the word up in a dictionary so you actually know what it means before you use it. all you have done so far is to have a temper tantrum and become obnoxious when somebody pointed out some of the OBVIOUS negative points identified in RoF so far.

Quote:
you're behaving like a child somewhere along these lines "IL2 is my favorite TOY and its WAY better than yours no matter what you say or do so piss off neighbor,"
is your attention span really that short you dont even know what you just posted before in this same thread ? YOU brought up the comparison with il2, i just pointed out that what you stated in your ill attempted comparison is irrational and you dont seem to know your facts

Quote:
I don't know if you're just a 56k user pissed due to the online connection judging that you're first complaint only was about it.
other forum users here dont really have the time to wait for you to actually grow a brain, they will just make their opinion up from what you actually posted, so to resolve the folly maybe your keyboard should be taken away instead. there are MANY reasons why requiring a 24/7 net connection to a remote server russia doesnt make sense for home gaming, for ex ...
- to play solo missions with an AI element only, play a campaign, or do some coops over a lan with another pc in your house/office its simply NOT NEEDED to perform those tasks, and in fact prevents many people from using the game in many situations, not just having a 56k modem from 1992
- many people now are on adsl with phones and other pc's taking access of the same phone line, not all those other games/uses can use data shaping to make sure each user has a constant minimum in net access for their application to function and prevent sudden disconnection
- laptops and game consoles are taken on holiday, to the beach house, on long train journeys, to the office for breaktime etc, or used in rooms in a house that might not have a network connection

the simple fact is that IT IS NOT NEEDED for the game to function to FORCE permanent 24/7 internet or network access, its a nuisance factor simply added by the game creators in the naive belief it will raise money and people will follow them like little sheep just because there is a shiny toy at the end of the piece of string, yet in their ignorance they have excluded 90% of their potential customers at the same time (going by official il2 stats stated by oleg 90% of il2 flightsim series users only used it offline)

Quote:
If you wanna consider yourself a winner of the thread war go ahead you've changed no-ones opinion by doing it, just making a fool out of yourself.
your teen level of logic, or lack of logic i should say, makes you rather boring. does your mind really have only 2 levels of comprehending the universe around you, they either agree with you and wag their tails at whatever new toy you just found, or the only other option being they want to "win" a thread ? lol, at least you'r good for a laugh

i'll try and help you out since your new here and so you dont keep running into walls and keep blaming the universe. for most forums, including the thread on the current topic, post something smart and interesting about what is new and great about RoF and what you think will make it a great sim, and most people will probably just come over to have a looksee and shoot the breeze.

but if you pretend there are no legitimate complaints or concerns, and make only obnoxious remarks and pretend your the only person that has an opinion that matters then you'll probably run into trouble, simple really

Quote:
If you want to discuss in real time ; headyownz@hotmail.com is my msn you're more than welcome or you'll find me at SIMHQ.

// Last post // Last Visit
unless you get an IQ and EQ upgrade in the near future, i doubt you'll be more interesting to talk to next time

have a nice trip !!
Old 05-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
despite all the bugs and only a few planes (in this initial russian release) ROF is THE BEST SIM UP TO F....ING DATE.....period
turd, somebody must have let loose a herd of your lot, or a nest of eggs has just hatched and you'r all surfacing at the same time

cant you really spot the flaw in your one sided perspective ? YOU HAVE NOT PERSONALLY TRIED IT YET, but your full of opinions about everything in it being perfect, and act as if NOTHING can be wrong with it whatsoever.

many legitimate concerns have been listed about it since we recently have found out more about it, and early adopters in russia are listing all kinds of bugz, lacking or missing features, and other problems with it. i suspect some of the beta testers are also given something in return to motivate positive opinions from them.

now the next little step your brain takes is where you go wrong. you seem to think that because YOU dont mind ignoring the negative bits that suddenly they dont matter to EVERYBODY ELSE either, can you spot the logic flaw ? we, the other forum users, dont really care that much about how you waste your money and what your standards are to rate a flightsim on, we form our own opinions and come to these forums to exchange information on the good AND the bad before we make an informed decision on getting a new product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
I dunno if you were with the demo of IL2 back then in 2001 like we....do you know how many poor ppl like you acted in the same way? hehe
hehe well, hehe, you again dont really know what you are talking about hehe isnt that hehe really funny, you know, how ignorant you are and all hehe

fun and games aside, nope ! the il2 release was a very different situation. the initial development of it was very low key (it wasnt even going to be released in the west when they initially started on it), but many longer term flight simmers had spotted its creation on their radar and kept track of its evolution. by the time the long awaited demo came out, which i still remember flying and iirc was even released with full network connection enabled BEFORE the game was ever on sale, it was immediately clear that it was a winner.

and with your "how many poor ppl like you acted in the same way? " your again showing your ignorance, because from the moment the il2 demo was released and started getting rave feedback, information mostly spread about it by word of mouth and forums, NOT by a big hyped marketing scam like RoF where they switched the product at the last moment and still hope to get sales. il2 was a commercial success because it was a good product, was sold as a normal game that all users could use wherever THEY wanted and needed to use it, the creators actively encouraged user feedback and interacted with them, providing a constant stream of patches, upgrades and improvements. yeps in its 8 years of evolution we had to buy it 3 or 4 times, but each step was a MAJOR step forward and you knew exactly what you were getting and why you'd want to buy it (the pacific fighters release being the main exception, where several advertised planes were missing, like the carrier based torpedo bombers). il2 was developed, and marketed, in a VERY different way from RoF, in fact one being so good is what makes the other now look so bad because we have something to compare it to !

Last edited by zapatista; 05-15-2009 at 05:01 PM.