Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 09-05-2010, 03:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
Just upgrade your 2.4GHz for greater playability (this is minimal for the game). Many that report problems fall into this category. Otherwise you're good to go.
It is 2.4gHz, but minimal states a 2.4 Pentium 4 (single core), right? I guess it wouldn't make mine any better if the game doesn't support multiple cores, though. Yet, I do seem to notice all cores being active while running the game.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

the game does support multiple cores. i have a AMD X64 X2 dual core processor and gives me 2.7 ghz, and the game runs great
Old 09-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperToast View Post
It is 2.4gHz, but minimal states a 2.4 Pentium 4 (single core), right? I guess it wouldn't make mine any better if the game doesn't support multiple cores, though. Yet, I do seem to notice all cores being active while running the game.
The game is poorly optimized. 2.4GHz is just not going to cut it, and when they wrote the requirements they put no thought into it. I have a 2.83GHz 2 core quad, 8GB Ram, and my frame rate never drops below 30 anywhere. The point is the higher your CPU speed, the better the game will run. Look at all the problems reported here, and you'll find that the majority of them are CPU's with 2.4GHz regardless of cores.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Registered Member

Default fps is 3

I have a gaming computer. I have a nvidia gt 260. I have an amd phenom ii and it has 2.40hz. I have 3gm of ram and i still get 3fps in the story mode. Its only in the story mode but when i play single haul mode then i get like 60 or 80 fps. But when go and try to play my story mode i have 3 or 4 fps. Does anyone have advice or what to do. Thanks

Last edited by USA Trucker; 10-12-2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Relocated to the proper thread.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

Default Time

Hi
How does time work is there anywhere i can find the true time of day while driving the game is unplayable on my computer when it turns dark if i can find out the time or work it out ican find a hotel and advance time to morning my spec is Windows 7 home premium
AMD Phenom[tm] 8600 triple-core 2.3GH
4GB Ram 2GB Cache Dx11
32Bit Operating System
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 500 Mb

Last edited by USA Trucker; 12-14-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Relocated To The Proper Thread.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
Hi
How does time work is there anywhere i can find the true time of day while driving the game is unplayable on my computer when it turns dark if i can find out the time or work it out ican find a hotel and advance time to morning my spec is Windows 7 home premium
4GB Ram 2GB Cache Dx11
32Bit Operating System
your problem is your processor. the game requirs a 2.4 GHZ processor. i have a 2.8 (dual core) so its no problem for me. hotels are in truck stops, and you can find the time in the orginiser (press F3)

also, you need a new processor. get the AMD 64 X2 2.8 or somethying. its really affordable
Old 12-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
Hi
4GB Ram 2GB Cache Dx11
32Bit Operating System
Kibble is right. Your computer speed barely covers the Minimal Requirements. So you will find some problems running this game. I also think Melkor said something, somewhere about this game, and others having difficulty running on a triple core system. You can find the time of day in your PDA (F3 Key) at the bottom, as Kibble already stated. Also on post #131 HERE I asked you to post your question in this thread. Please stop posting new threads where topics already exist.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 12-14-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

good evening all!! i am new around here... and i hate to introduce myself asking for solutions

as i can see there is no newer patch/fix for english version of rnr. i have same problems issue regarding frame rate near to greenfield and san francisco.
i've tried to solve this updating vide ocard drivers... but unfortunately things went worse!!
for example: the movie from beginning is playing with 60 FPS (instead of 220 - like he did before updating drivers)... and instead of 25-30 PFS (in game)... now i have 8-10 fps.
i have tried to roll back video drivers... and nothing!!! i've tried 3 different plder drivers from nvidia and nothing.. the game remains unplayable .
is there anything special to do??

my comp specs are: Core2Duo E6300 - 1.83 Ghz (overclocked at 2.8 Ghz), 5 GB of ram (3.5 usable cause i am using 32 Win7 32 bit), nvidia GTX 460 (1GB/256bit) video card.

does anyone know if a new fix/patch will appear??

also: i played crysis 2 with all details maximized (without anti aliasing)... and rarely i went below 27 frames

please help!!
thanks in advance
greets raiken
Old 06-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Your CPU speed of 1.83. (overclocked 2.8Ghz) is still running at the minimal specs of the game requirement. This is not enough to run the game properly. As you can see from most of the problems reported, they are from people with a CPU speed of less than 3.0Ghz.

As discussed in the patch thread, there in no patch forthcoming as of yet, in spite of what may be rumored. I believe any patch for the international version of this game may not be seen for quite some time. Crysis is a different species of a game than RNR, and shouldn’t be compared. They are designed quite differently from each other.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-26-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiken View Post
for example: the movie from beginning is playing with 60 FPS (instead of 220 - like he did before updating drivers)... and instead of 25-30 PFS (in game)... now i have 8-10 fps.
i understand that my cpu is not the best.. but still it was running fine till i update video drivers. and right after... the game start running like i mentioned...

and now.. i can mention that 8-10 FPS and 25-30 FPS are EXACTLY in the same part of the map... even in single mission when i am entering in the warehouse!
soon... in 1 month at last 2.. i will change my platform to an i5... but till than... it will be awesome if i will bring those 25-30 frames back.

thank you

PS: is there any way to select openGL or direct 3d?? maybe it is a file which is giving a glitch in rendering...

Last edited by raiken; 06-26-2011 at 08:02 PM.