Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo View Post
ROF scripting is done via a GUI rather than direct coding in C#. This probably will make it easier for the 'lay' person to create scripted mission events. The ROF scripting works reeasonably well. I hope that this facility will be expanded, perhaps with the ability to create your own custom script libraries, as the new BOS develops.

This to me is of the highest importance to have available, they may not know of it's importance unless we ask.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 12-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
Good day everyone!

So, the long wait is over and we're ready to share with you the news and reveal our plans.

1C Announces Partnership with 777 Studios to create 1C Game Studios and develop Battle of Stalingrad!

You can read the full announcement on the official website of the game - Il2sturmovik.net. We also invite you to our new forum, where you will find additional information about the project and will be able to ask questions and chat with the developers.

I want to draw your attention to the fact that the collection of your wishes and suggestions, various data and answers to your questions, etc. will be made only on the official forum. Our team visits various flight-simulation portals with great respect and we are grateful for their help and support, but we need to focus our attention and efforts on just one as we work through this challenging development period. We hope you understand.

The obligation to communicate with the Russian-speaking community is entrusted to me; I will also assist Jason Williams
(president of 777 Studios) with the English-speaking audiences. Also, for very specific or technical topics other members of 1C Game Studios will occasionally lend a hand.
Now that is making my xmas very merry! S!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

This is Black Tuesday for FLYSIM community.

This is the worst thing that could happen. Not only is it a worse engine, with less details, it is ugly and cartoony, but also the fact that you have to pay for each aircraft. They add no new stuff like they did in IL2, no adons with maps, aircraft and campaines ect and this I think is a disaster.

An eksembel here what I mean. No part falls off, no smoke effect from engien only fuel leake. and when it crashes to the ground no harm, as in reality. Dont like the look of the plane eather.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
lol, you gotta be freakin kidding me

yo furbs, come and look at this one and then try and tell me again how happy you are

unbefreakinleavable !!
I prob spent about 100 quid on ROF and dont regret a penny.

If i have to spend 2x for a very good WW2 sim that works, then again no regrets.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
I prob spent about 100 quid on ROF and dont regret a penny.

If i have to spend 2x for a very good WW2 sim that works, then again no regrets.
Good for you. But not all have that cind of money.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon-DK View Post
This is Black Tuesday for FLYSIM community.

This is the worst thing that could happen. Not only is it a worse engine, with less details, it is ugly and cartoony, but also the fact that you have to pay for each aircraft. They add no new stuff like they did in IL2, no adons with maps, aircraft and campaines ect and this I think is a disaster.

An eksembel here what I mean. No part falls off, no smoke effect from engien only fuel leake. and when it crashes to the ground no harm, as in reality. Dont like the look of the plane eather.
That is a nonsense.. Nothing you said is true apart from having to pay for most aircrafts (the game itself is free btw)..
Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Good for you. But not all have that cind of money.
LOL! This is exceptionally funny coming from you, given you did not care a single whit if the members of your own virtual squadron could afford to buy a new rig for CoD, if I recall correctly you said, and I'm paraphrasing here "Screw em if they cant keep up, we must advance with the game. Others will come to fill their place in the JG."

Further Otto everything you said is patently false. The video you showed as proof was better looking than anything I ever saw in CoD.
Maybe you've just become accustomed to everything hitting the ground exploding, but that's not the way it really works...

And I have to love the pessimism. Lets see what the business model/engine is in the end before we lament to the heavens and rub ashes in our hair?

Finally, I love the textures/colors of the ground in RoF. Better than CoD certainly.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

Ohh are you getting them for free? I guess not I dont belive Im wrong. Just look up in this thread. Seveal have payed a lot of mony in ROF.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

@CWMV

The move was something we had planed and prepaired for, for over 2 years. That was not something that came as a shock to anybody. All had a fair chance to upgrade.

I think it must have been a long time since you last flew in CLOD.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
An eksembel here what I mean. No part falls off, no smoke effect from engien only fuel leake. and when it crashes to the ground no harm, as in reality.
Nothing you said here is true.