Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
Yeah, but if you installed patch 1.01 you probably didn't notice many trophies popping up...? And if you installed 1.02, you'll not be able to get online (so I hear - I'm not installing any of the patches until forums indicate they don't break something).

And just to reinforce my point that everything needs testing whether it was related to the fix or not:

MW2 v1.01 was to add the option to skip the Airport Massacre, and broke trophy support...

MW2 v1.02 was to fix the trophy support, and broke online connectivity...

MW2 v1.03 will be to fix connectivity. Wonder what it will break...?
I did both patches, trophies work but I haven't played MP yet. I only play SP but I made and exception for BOP.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post
I like the single player in this game, but the multiplayer is the worst. I think since I got this game at launch, I probably have had the chance to play it in MP 10 times. Since then I get the usual BOP error finding the servers.

It seems as if they only have one server, and it is probably an old Pentium II. I bet their server is in Chernobyl. I had a friend ask if he should buy it and I told him no. I explained to him that the MP is broken and that I have not felt like even finishing the SP, because there was no reason to. Maybe this patch will make the game enjoyable one day. Until then, I will stick to MW2 and GOW2(which also had a problem initially with MP). Maybe I will buy a better gfx card for my core I7 pc and play some flight sims instead, possibly Storm of War: Battle of Britain.

On sequels, I will wait months after it comes out if I even decide to chance buying from these guys again.
Hmm, seems like the server message is more of a problem than I thought. BoP actually works with players as hosts, using only a server to help others find those hosts. If you get that message, it means no one is hosting a joinable game at that moment.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
Hmm, seems like the server message is more of a problem than I thought. BoP actually works with players as hosts, using only a server to help others find those hosts. If you get that message, it means no one is hosting a joinable game at that moment.
I realize that I would have to host, but sometimes I want a quick game where I don't have to set up the variables. Also, I have set up a dogfight match in either sim or arcade and nobody came after something like 20 min. I know my connection is fine, I have fiber and have a 11 mbps dl and 10 mpbs upload. Anyway, it is a frustrating experience.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Some update as promised.
Update had passed internal publisher's QA at last and going to be submitted to Sony next week. If everything goes right it will be on PSN in about three weeks after that.
Sorry for dealay, we've done what we can.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

what about the xbox 360 update?
Old 11-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

I'm actually totally cool with another 3 weeks. I'm not going to whine because god knows that won't solve anything. I've got mw2 firmly stationed in my disc drive and IL2 is gonna be their forever right? I'll probably play it sporadically for the next few weeks then go back into full play time when the patch hits.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirill Yudintsev View Post
Some update as promised.
Update had passed internal publisher's QA at last and going to be submitted to Sony next week. If everything goes right it will be on PSN in about three weeks after that.
I've kept quiet about this whole update soap opera, but I'd just like to say that I'm really disappointed that it's gonna be at least another 4 weeks till the update comes out. I love the game but I'd like to be able to, at the very least, check what's behind me in sim mode when using a stick.. Cockpits would have been a bonus. With hindsight wouldn't it have been easier to release a couple of updates (like everybody else seems to) one to address the gameplay issues and then a 'cosmetics' one later? Said my bit.. off to play FIFA.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirill Yudintsev View Post
Some update as promised.
Great news - thanks for the update
At last we're on the home straight...
Old 11-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

Moi j'en ai tout simplement plein mon cul d'attendre une putain de mise à jour pour jouer à ce jeu....
Je ne comprend vraiment pas pourquoi tout est si long, j'ai passé tellement de bon temps à jouer en MP sur les anciennes versions de il2 que quand j'ai su que le jeu sortait sur Ps3 avec un joy compatible je me suis jeté dessus. Et depuis rien, le jeu est tout simplement horrible à jouer avec un joy (zone morte et impossibilité de regarder deriere...) et plutôt que de jouer on attend des heures pour finalement avoir un 1 vs 1 tout pourrit...
Donc j'ai beaucoup de mal à croire vos promesses au bout de 2 mois d'attente.
En connaissant les jeux que vous avez proposé par le passé je trouve que BOP est tout simplement un attrape coillons qui n'arrive pas à la cheville des versions Pc....
Donc merci de nous avoir fait rêver mais il aurait été mieux de proposer un jeu fini qui puisse rivaliser avec les anciennes versions....
Désolé de poster en Français mais j'en peut plus des rond de jambes pour savoir à qui la faute.
Ce jeu n'est tout simplement pas digne de porter le nom d'IL2.
Et en tout cas même si l'update sort un jour (je commence a en douter) vous avez cassé ma joie et mon enthousiasme vis à vis de cette licence....
Old 11-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourin01 View Post
Moi j'en ai tout simplement plein mon cul d'attendre une putain de mise à jour pour jouer à ce jeu....
Je ne comprend vraiment pas pourquoi tout est si long, j'ai passé tellement de bon temps à jouer en MP sur les anciennes versions de il2 que quand j'ai su que le jeu sortait sur Ps3 avec un joy compatible je me suis jeté dessus. Et depuis rien, le jeu est tout simplement horrible à jouer avec un joy (zone morte et impossibilité de regarder deriere...) et plutôt que de jouer on attend des heures pour finalement avoir un 1 vs 1 tout pourrit...
Donc j'ai beaucoup de mal à croire vos promesses au bout de 2 mois d'attente.
En connaissant les jeux que vous avez proposé par le passé je trouve que BOP est tout simplement un attrape coillons qui n'arrive pas à la cheville des versions Pc....
Donc merci de nous avoir fait rêver mais il aurait été mieux de proposer un jeu fini qui puisse rivaliser avec les anciennes versions....
Désolé de poster en Français mais j'en peut plus des rond de jambes pour savoir à qui la faute.
Ce jeu n'est tout simplement pas digne de porter le nom d'IL2.
Et en tout cas même si l'update sort un jour (je commence a en douter) vous avez cassé ma joie et mon enthousiasme vis à vis de cette licence....
translate?