Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

Mixed results. In fairness I do see less stutters and where I used to see the propeller 'pause' occasionally, I don't get that now.

I do get slow down when there is an explosion but generally it plays smoother.

Mixed results now because every time I complete one of the Single Missions and hit refly, the Launcher crashes and I have to restart the whole game again.

Didn't notice it before this

I too though do like the new tracers. Cheers, MP
Old 07-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Although I haven't played Cliffs for awhile because I don't do beta patches I can say this procedure has made improvements in other games I play, like a popular FP shooter and MMO, as well as web surfing.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

Just gave it a go too. No change for me, still at 27 fps at all combinations of graphics settings from high to low. I5 2500k, 16gb DDR3, 1gb GTS450.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Anything similar for us WinXP users? I tried to find a similar thing in the Control Panel but nothing seen.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

I just noticed some odd behavior while flying, it seems my CPU keeps underclocking it self constantly, then spiking up again, the values are constantly between 1.6ghz and 4.9ghz, when i disabled power saving and forced it to stay at 4.9ghz constantly i actually had better performance during take off.

This probably only applies to my PC, but it was behavior i have not seen in other games, or in the previous beta patch.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

I don't have much time lately to completely read through long threads or search the internet so I am asking how this is done for XP32 users.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw111 View Post
I don't have much time lately to completely read through long threads or search the internet so I am asking how this is done for XP32 users.

I have it on my XP32 the last official release, and it runs fine on that set up, same PC for both installs. Most of my flying is done on my Win 7 though. I would recommend you to strive to upgrade to Win7 64b if that is possible for you.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 07-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Mostly what SlipBall said.

DX9 in the latest Beta patch is working excellent overall, through you´ll face the usual DX9 limitations as low resolution shadows and a lower resolution on textures.

The performance is also more smooth in DX10 than in DX9, guess that is because the use of deferred pipeline rendering in DX10.