Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
LoL

I think that this thread is a perfect example of why the developers don't post at this forum!

See ya on the flip side!
Feel free to explain how asking politely for better communication and more community involvement (as paralleled on the Russian forum) is contributing to the 'bashing' problem?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
I did read all your post but its the usual rant again seen many times at these forums just in a different format.
Wow. Just...wow.

I don't mean to be overly negative, but you read a post that in essence had two points, 1) "We are no more negative than any other of the communities about the state of the game and therefore are just as deserving of some regular communication about the state of development" and 2) "Regardless of negativity there is an obligation for customers to be informed about the steps that are being taken to improve the game" and thought "the usual rant"? It's a good job you aren't the community manager, to be honest.

I'd say that's a good deal closer to "the opinion of 99.7% of the community" than "the usual rant", which I thought looked more like: "OMG THIS GAME DOn'T WORK ON MAX SETTING ON MY 3DFX VOODOO 2! WHY?!"

It's not an extremely onerous request, Alpha, that's why it causes so much consternation. I'm not one of those people who spends hours on this forum whining but when there a complete breakdown of communication between customers and the developer like there has been here, I can understand why people are upset. Personally I've just moved on to trying out other sims until this game is worth playing.

Last edited by TheGrunch; 11-29-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Ridiculous.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Tvrdi

really, tragic comedy is continuing....
Old 11-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
"1C Forum" (the famous "yellow", recently sunk into oblivion.)

Hahaha. Thisis sig material.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit
Old 11-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Tree_UK

Last I heard was that Oleg stopped posting here because he had got another job, nothing to do with being 'damned if he did and damned if he didn't'.

Also if the dev's dont like being called liars it would be advisable for them to stop lying.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Also if the dev's dont like being called liars it would be advisable for them to stop lying.
+1
Old 11-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
I don't think they have lied in the last months. The only big one lie was at the release.

Luthier is giving us updates about the development and we can witness of that updates directly on the game.

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
really, tragic comedy is continuing....
Roflmao, that's so spot on.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Have fun all I'm off for some flying.
Must be 1946

Seriously, Alpha
I have appreciation for the job you do as a moderator.
Many seem to not understand?
Why they are chastised for attempting to communicate with the dev's, 1C.
It's going on nine months, since release. Nine months since repairs were begun. It's time to "birth" a community manager on this forum. I'll give you two "good" reasons......You & Nearmiss. Why? The ongoing fecal storm, shouldn't be within the realm of your responsibilities. It is the responsibility of a "Community Manager". None has been appointed or announced. I am going to go out on a limb (tree) Saying? "Mixing moderating duties with personal opinions and using a tone of a "Community Manager" with the customers/participants of this forum has been a mistake."

A mistake, that was not intentional, a mistake that just evolved/happened.
So, it's time for a Community Manager. I credit you for knowing it better than anyone. I have a lot of respect for you Alpha, you have been and I do believe, always will be, a significant contributor to our community.

Thank You
Closed Thread