Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 10-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I've heard of that a lot in my time here on the forums, back when there were more people playing. I never heard about a solution either. Sorry to hear about that, mate :/
Old 10-21-2011, 02:36 AM
Approved Member

It sucks, but I think what I'll do is start a new game, try and copy and paste my combat statistics into it so as to save that, and then just avoid all battles except the Plugens fight, the Turtle, pay Lucky James, and fight Bogacho, then just zoom back to Death Valley in a new game, editing the save file to give myself the same leadership, stat, equipment, etc. and just not pick up anything from any area I had visited in the corrupted game. It won't end up exactly the same as I had planned. I won't bother editing the remaining runes to pick up to be the same as what this corrupted game had, etc. But it will be close enough statistically that I don't think it will really make a difference, and it will keep my combat stats and losses for the final tally to be accurate.

I think I know how to edit all that in a save file. I think.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I was about to suggest you do that. I just didn't know whether you can pull it off or not. Don't forget to let me know if it worked the way you planned it.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

It's more complicated than I thought, with the character stats spread out in at least two different areas. I may just copy the battle data and cheat to change the rest, as I know the latter won't corrupt the game. My first attempt at this corrupted my file. There's so many lines of code in there, I'm not sure which all should be copied, e.g. what the heck is heraldric, and why does it have an entry (?). I'll have something working soon, though.

I may have to re-unlock the spirits, wife, and kids (I had four since I modded them) so I can find exactly where the spirits levels and whatnot go. Interestingly, the wife is considered an inventory item, which I should have realized from modding. I wonder if there's a cheatcode: item wife_feanora?

When I've tried to insert code into the save where I think it should go in a new game file, something seems to be going wrong. At least it's not hard to unlock the four spirits, and wives, if I have to do it that way.

EDIT: Vulture, I think I found at least a partial predictor of the error so it won't ever happen to me (and you) again. Looking at the save report of the corrupted file, the Actor Dragon Skaar was not in the file either. I would guess Haas' Labyrinth is missing too. Perhaps that dragon is a marker of this error? I remember now thinking, "what, no dragon cloak this game? That's weird."

Hooray! It appears that I transferred everything over to a new game flawlessly. I just wonder if I'll get a crash since I already have my spirits in the training center. Now, I'll just use the dev code to delete enemies in regions blocking my way and not pick up anything in any areas I had been to before. I doubt it will take long with a level 26 Mage to get through the obligatory battles.

EDIT 2: OK, it mostly worked. Giving myself the spirits did break them once I got the chest, permanently locking Zerock. I didn't bother checking the others. But I'm in Death Valley, and retro-edited myself out even the Turtle and Bogacho battles so my stats are identical to what they would've been in the corrupted game. I'm glad to be back where I was! I'm really looking forward to Karador.

Last edited by Helios; 10-25-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

So much work just for this one game ^^ You really are dedicated !
Thanks for the advice on the corrupted game thing. I'll look for the Skaar entry next time I start a new game.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Approved Member

I absolutely hate losing progress toward goals. Sinking 30 some hours into this game and losing it really irked me! I'm just glad I'm back to where I was.

EDIT: Karador is dead. He was boringly easy. The easiest ever. He didn't even break down the walls in front of my troops! The archer set plus morale boosts have my army dishing out criticals way over 50% of the time. I didn't think I made my Ancient Phoenix too powerful, and he did manage to kill it once, and nearly a second time, but my turn 2 Demon Portals gave him two more juicy targets: 8 Archdemons and over 130 Cerberi. Maybe I made the game too easy? I'll attach the screens to the boring fight.

On the other hand, I got my ass handed to me by the enemy hero Nehty, who had a stack of 41 (!!) Giants plus another 17! He was much more difficult. I guess from here on out, my Phoenix isn't going to be able to keep the enemies at bay.

I'll have to post another message for all the screenshots.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screen_111026_002.bmp (2.25 MB, 4 views)
File Type: bmp screen_111026_005.bmp (2.25 MB, 3 views)
File Type: bmp screen_111026_006.bmp (2.25 MB, 2 views)
File Type: bmp screen_111026_007.bmp (2.25 MB, 3 views)
File Type: bmp screen_111026_008.bmp (2.25 MB, 2 views)

Last edited by Helios; 10-26-2011 at 04:48 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:56 AM
Approved Member

I should have realized it going in--Karador's wooden walls were an awesome boon to this army, since my five shooters didn't need physical contact to kill the enemy. I just fired away. With my Int, my Mass Precision adds 50% damage to my already pumped up units with the two Elven Bows. If the enemy can't close the distance on me in a hurry (like Nehty's 3 Speed and 2 more running Giants) and kill my Phoenix and Demon Portal units, they can't touch me.

Despite the ease of Karador, I wonder if this army will be able to kill Haas. Being surrounded is this army's worst nightmare.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screen_111026_010.bmp (2.25 MB, 2 views)
File Type: bmp screen_111026_011.bmp (2.25 MB, 2 views)
File Type: bmp screen_111026_012.bmp (2.25 MB, 2 views)
File Type: bmp screen_111026_015.bmp (2.25 MB, 2 views)
File Type: bmp screen_111026_016.bmp (2.25 MB, 2 views)
Old 10-26-2011, 04:58 AM
Approved Member

Oh, and here's Nehty's setup. I took over 4000 damage from the two Giants stomping in round one.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screen_111026_017.bmp (2.25 MB, 10 views)
File Type: bmp screen_111026_018.bmp (2.25 MB, 5 views)
Old 10-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Approved Member

Ok, that's a nasty setup with Nehty, really. And I knew Karador would be a piece of cake ^^ The fight is just predestined for an archer-based setup and the use of Demon Portal. He just keeps raising the handful of Bone dragons that do little to no damage while you can fire away.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Approved Member

Now I'm holding out hope for a severe test from Baal. No challenge = no fun! I don't know if I'll have the Mana to keep summoning Demon Portals and the Phoenix for long enough to hold off all his Demons.

Some screenshots of Xeona. It got dicey with her--I couldn't cast all the spells I needed. No chance for Mass Demon Slayer or Precision, as I *had* to keep her from reaching me, so turn 1 took Mass Magic Shackles plus the Phoenix. Then a Demon portal to soak up a spot. She decided to Sheep me every turn until she was out of mana. Then she used Fire Rain on me twice, just to make Ressing difficult. No losses, again. But I just realized I got used to using the Animate Dead spell from my Undead game for Ressing, which the creator made over twice as powerful as without it. If I'd been using Resurrection all this time, I'd have piles of corpses. And for some reason, my computer didn't record a shot of the end of the battle, so you'll just have to trust me that I didn't lose any units after the last screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screen_111027_001.bmp (2.25 MB, 4 views)
File Type: bmp screen_111027_002.bmp (2.25 MB, 2 views)
File Type: bmp screen_111027_003.bmp (2.25 MB, 2 views)
File Type: bmp screen_111027_006.bmp (2.25 MB, 3 views)

Last edited by Helios; 10-27-2011 at 07:50 AM.