Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 08-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Approved Member

Hello all -

First of all I would like to state that Warbirds of Prey is very interested in CLOD. We had installed a server almost from the start. Unfortunatly no matter what we did, it would not show up on the available servers.

Creating missions in CLOD is really different than in IL2. So we would need another mission maker who could devote their time to CLOD missions for our server.

Managing the missions in CLOD is new. The old server managers we once used: FBD, IL2 SC, FBDj, etc do not work with CLOD. Stopping one mission and starting another is not that straight forward. Also there is no default mechanism for gathering player stats to post on a web site.

There were bugs related to online play that made it very difficult for new players to get started. I for one have a hell of a time selecting a home base with CLOD. It will not let me click on the highlighted base like you could on IL2 (Although you are supposed to !!!) I need to move my cursor around for some time until I get a popup saying which home base it is. That had not been fixed as of 2 weeks ago.

Finally we have been very busy with updates to IL2 and not had time to devote to CLOD yet !!!

As for the rules on Warbirds of Prey, we strive to have a fun environment for all, but we cannot please all the people all of the time.

RAF238thWildWillie
Warbirds of Prey

I have played the game offline and online on occasion and really love the sim.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie View Post
Hello all -

First of all I would like to state that Warbirds of Prey is very interested in CLOD. We had installed a server almost from the start. Unfortunatly no matter what we did, it would not show up on the available servers.

Creating missions in CLOD is really different than in IL2. So we would need another mission maker who could devote their time to CLOD missions for our server.

Managing the missions in CLOD is new. The old server managers we once used: FBD, IL2 SC, FBDj, etc do not work with CLOD. Stopping one mission and starting another is not that straight forward. Also there is no default mechanism for gathering player stats to post on a web site.

There were bugs related to online play that made it very difficult for new players to get started. I for one have a hell of a time selecting a home base with CLOD. It will not let me click on the highlighted base like you could on IL2 (Although you are supposed to !!!) I need to move my cursor around for some time until I get a popup saying which home base it is. That had not been fixed as of 2 weeks ago.

Finally we have been very busy with updates to IL2 and not had time to devote to CLOD yet !!!

As for the rules on Warbirds of Prey, we strive to have a fun environment for all, but we cannot please all the people all of the time.

RAF238thWildWillie
Warbirds of Prey

I have played the game offline and online on occasion and really love the sim.

Thanks for coming on Willie.

II./JG27_Rich
Old 08-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

I don't understand why anyone would shoot parachutes. Those bullets cost money! I'd rather use those rounds against an enemy aircraft that might actually shoot back.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw_wolverine View Post
I don't understand why anyone would shoot parachutes. Those bullets cost money! I'd rather use those rounds against an enemy aircraft that might actually shoot back.

Back in 1997 when I started all of this I remember in "Warbirds" you actually had a 45 automatic that you could fire will hanging in your chute. They never did model a Luger, P-38 or Walther so we must have stolen ours
Old 08-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

Deleted it