Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 04-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkly View Post
Well, the ones I was looking at were mostly Antec 850s and 1000s and were about €150-250!!!

They still only had 25A max. @ 12V.

R
OK, now I understand:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r220...0A-on-12V-Rail

So, my Atrix 600T @ 720W, which seems to be cheap, old and fairly crap gives this:

+3.3V +5V +12V +12V -12V +5VSB
35A 40A 15A 17A 0.5A 2.5A

(Sorry about the formatting)

...which is 32A on the 12V rail - not enough according to the GPU spec, which wants 40A.

Especially with the CPU o/c'd from 2.67 to 3.25, plus 2xSSD and 2x1Tb HDD in RAID, plus a CoolerMaster heatsink for the o/c'd CPU.

Still surprised that I've not experienced this problem with other games though.

Hope this sheds some light - check your 12V rail, boys!

R
Old 04-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkly View Post
Well, the ones I was looking at were mostly Antec 850s and 1000s and were about €150-250!!!

They still only had 25A max. @ 12V.

R
Superflower, Corsair, Enermax, ("Be quiet", hard to get in the US)
Old 04-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

I had to rearrange some fans and increase the rpm in my case to get rid of the excessive heat. My mainboard was at 70C, never seen that before
The only thing that had ok temps was my GPU even if it was pegged at 100% most of the time.

Everything is better now though, at least within teh limits.

I can recommend Corsair TX 650W PSU, 52A on +12V, more than enough for any single GPU setup.

Last edited by baffa; 04-18-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffa View Post
I had to rearrange some fans and increase the rpm in my case to get rid of the excessive heat. My mainboard was at 70C, never seen that before
The only thing that had ok temps was my GPU even if it was pegged at 100% most of the time.

Everything is better now though, at least within teh limits.

I can recommend Corsair TX 650W PSU, 52A on +12V, more than enough for any single GPU setup.
So increased cooling helped the reboots?

So perhaps it's not the GPU overloading the PSU but the fans or the CPU heatsink I put in recently when o/c'ing the chip?

Either way, it seems the PSU cannot cope.

I'm looking at PSUs now, but I live in Spain and tend to use one shop for components, and they have Antec's (usually 4 x 12V rails @ about 20-25A each, which should do the trick, shouldn't it?).

Would prefer single rail like you have, but it's an availability issue.

Thanks again for the advice, baffa.

R
Old 04-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

Gah, I'm really frustrated!
Before patch: 25fps (reasonable) over london, barely any stutters.
After patch: Well, the game doesn't start, just has the steam "opening game" box and then "launcher has stopped working."

I don't know what to do, all files validated successfully, I re-installed, and It didn't install anything in my documents, which I thought was odd so I checked all files again, again it said all files were fine.

How can all files be fine if the game doesn't run...?

If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be MUCH appreciated.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Approved Member

Hi Chaps,

I'm also having stability issues since the last patch. Actually two issues.

Aftter a certain time, the game minimizes to desktop and will not resume fullscreen when clicking on the taskbar button unless I push ESC, at which point, it goes back to fullscreen in the game menu. If I then push fly or attempt to start a new mission, the game will again minimize to desktop. I can only quit the game and restart it again. This will give me another hour of airtime after which - rinse and repeat.

OR

After having flown a number of missions, the game will cause a complete reboot of the PC. There is no warning, or any kind of texture tearing, flickering, stuttering etc. that will indicate a reboot about to occur. One minute your flying and the next minute the screen goes black into POST. It also doesn't matter if I'm engaged in combat or picking a virtual nose in cockpit.

I can't point the finger to any overheating issues with my GPU. On a second screen, I have afterburner showing the running GPU stats. Temps never go over 56° on full load and that's with playing over an hour. The used graphics memory does tend to stay at around 95-100% for the duration of flight.

One thing that did catch my eye, was the memory managment of "launcher.exe". While running sysinternals process explorer tool simultaneously with the game, I noticed that "launcher.exe" will never flush used memory after quitting a mission. It just keeps adding another ~400MB per flown mission until it gets to around 2,5GB total allocated RAM. That's when the game either minimizes to desktop or causes a complete reboot.

32bit memory leak issues?

Cheers
Old 04-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

In case you did not try it:
Quote:
Go to game properties in Steam and run an integrity check for game files. Some files are usually corrupted after patching.

Also clear shaders cache in documents folder.

Defragment game files after every patch.

Turn off mods off-cause first. They are not needed after the recent patch.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

Got a new PSU (Corsair HX1000W) and the reboots are gone... I'm happy now !!
Old 03-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

Wink CoD Launcher stopped working

I've played CoD for three weeks,when I started to have launcher problems. Before that it ran surprisingly well on my rather old computer [AMD Phenom X3, 4gyg DDR2 memory, and a ASUS EAH6850 DirectCU VGA card]. When i got those launcher problems, I could play the game for about 5 upto 10 minutes.I used the ASUS Smartdoctor[v5.66] to overclock. Now I'removed ASUS Smartdoctor, overclocked the VGA card via AMD vision engine control, and Launcher has worked ever since.