Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
But how do you propose to do that? In a campaign of this size, no one below strategy making level is able to make changes that have an effect larger than the destruction or survival of a few aircraft, or the successful destruction of individual targets that would otherwise have survived.

Now if you were talking about something like the defence of Malta, then a squadron leader might actually have the power to change the overall results of the battle, but not here.
LOL no idea ... i guess i have to wait for the title to be released to find out ....
Old 02-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

Doesn't bother me the sligthest , dynamic campaigns are overrated.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/ZG52_Gaga View Post
LOL no idea ... i guess i have to wait for the title to be released to find out ....
You'd need to start by sacking Goering and Beppo Schmidt, then you might just have a chance..
Old 02-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
You'd need to start by sacking Goering and Beppo Schmidt, then you might just have a chance..
LMAO yes listening to a heroin adict is always catastrophic ...
Old 02-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
Heck, I was wrong that one pilot couldn't have a big effect on the war.

You could always make a mistake and bomb one of Goering's rallies instead of the target range
Old 02-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Approved Member

I just remembered: Wasn't it said ages ago that our planes would start to dynamically show wear and tear over time? Without a dynamic campaign, I wonder how that'll work. Makes me wonder if there's some sort of hybrid, scripted campaign with some dynamic elements.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrobaron View Post
I just remembered: Wasn't it said ages ago that our planes would start to dynamically show wear and tear over time? Without a dynamic campaign, I wonder how that'll work. Makes me wonder if there's some sort of hybrid, scripted campaign with some dynamic elements.

I had that same thought. Perhaps we'll get a nice compromise (just have to wait and see...)
Old 02-05-2011, 05:14 AM
machoo

Well , the Germans can't win . Oleg said this , so are you surprised that we have no Dynamic campaign?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrobaron View Post
Actually, Oleg showed us pictures of the mission builder -couple a months ago I think- and in one of the picture you could see a "weathering slider" so there you go! "Weathering on a slider, for your convenience"
Old 02-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoo View Post
Well , the Germans can't win . Oleg said this , so are you surprised that we have no Dynamic campaign?
Of course the Germans can win, just create your own campaign, defeat the RAF. There are ground units -from both sides- in the game but crossing that narrow strip of water with the whole of the Royal Navy in your way might be a bit problematic. Especially if your troops are on river barges LOL!