Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
As winny said the pulse rifle is a Thompson. The smart gun vasquez and drake use is an mg42. They picked the mg42 for due to the huge muzzle flash. I believe they increased the flash further by using wooden blanks which basically explode out of the muzzle.
Also the APC was built from an aircraft hauler. Basically one of those tugs that drag 747s
And that dropship must surely have a Harrier in it somewhere, no?

Quote:
Not bad....for a human.
Quote:
My mommy said there were no monsters. No real monsters. But there are, aren't there?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
And that dropship must surely have a Harrier in it somewhere, no?
You would think wouldn't you, the design of the dropship was inspired by an AH-1 Cobra and an F-4 Phantom.

Looks more harrier-like though
Old 01-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire23 View Post
Looks more harrier-like though

apart from them both hovering and going very thin before the tail.....i dont see it.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

The drop ship is part Apache (cockpit mainly) and then engine cowlings off early British jets along with other oddments..

Saying that though, the intakes at the front look like F4 intakes with the wedges..?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Approved Member

I've been periodically lurking recently looking for patch news and just found this thread, man that really really sucks Foz.

Also my vote goes to Aliens for best in series, has anyone heard anything about that Gearbox titel: "Aliens: Colonial Marines" game? Is that dead?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

@ Stealth finger: Its not as if it is a spitting image its just when you look at it you can see bits off harrier, The nose looks similar and you have arched wings with armaments underneath. i suppose its like a blot image "What do you see"

Like i said its mainly inspired by the Cobra and Phantom, im not saying it looks like them but they are what the filmakers were inspired by.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktorwzzerd View Post
I've been periodically lurking recently looking for patch news and just found this thread, man that really really sucks Foz.

Also my vote goes to Aliens for best in series, has anyone heard anything about that Gearbox titel: "Aliens: Colonial Marines" game? Is that dead?
Yea that game is still going to be made but i think they have put it on hold. Not sure though, will go do some digging and let you know

Edit: Ok the game is in development but is still TBA, on the official site the Most up to date news was in 08

Last edited by Spitfire23; 01-14-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

its sad to hear that the devs have been silenced by the publishers, if thats the truth. i was looking forward to all things promised (fixed planes, fixed online, cockpits etc) but we can only hope now i guess.

and regarding the gearbox title aliens: colonial marines, it is very much alive as far as i know. ive been lurking the gearboxity.com forums for years and it seems that a:cm will pick speed as soon as the new AvP game is released. the reason is that sega is publishing both. personally i have great expectations on a:cm (mostly because its gearbox) and think it will be better than AvP.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_somme View Post
its sad to hear that the devs have been silenced by the publishers, if thats the truth. i was looking forward to all things promised (fixed planes, fixed online, cockpits etc) but we can only hope now i guess.

and regarding the gearbox title aliens: colonial marines, it is very much alive as far as i know. ive been lurking the gearboxity.com forums for years and it seems that a:cm will pick speed as soon as the new AvP game is released. the reason is that sega is publishing both. personally i have great expectations on a:cm (mostly because its gearbox) and think it will be better than AvP.
Ahhhh i see thanks Makes sense now that i know sega are publishing both.

I do believe A:CM could be better as it has just the two species to focus on from which you control just one, enableling a more in-depth experience,
unlike AVP where each species has its own characteristics therefore limiting what you can do with the game and where you can take it.

Either way both will kick ass
Old 01-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire23 View Post
Yea that game is still going to be made but i think they have put it on hold. Not sure though, will go do some digging and let you know

Edit: Ok the game is in development but is still TBA, on the official site the Most up to date news was in 08
Theyre waiting to see how AvP does before starting back up. The more AvP sells the more likely colonial marines is to come out. And by the looks of things AvP is going to sell very well. The old games where fantastic!