Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:40 AM
Registered Member

Wow... thanks, Foz_1983. That saved me some work! Excellent!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CENOBITE View Post
Wow... thanks, Foz_1983. That saved me some work! Excellent!

No worries, happy to help.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
Ok the IL10 i'll give loadouts etc the best i can....
(IL-100)
Thanks! Nice description of the IL-10, and thanks for the loadouts. IL-10 is added to the guide.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:56 AM
Approved Member

Seraph, did you realize that you have the Il-10 in both Bomber, and Fighter sections!? Just wondering if you noticed.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
Seraph, did you realize that you have the Il-10 in both Bomber, and Fighter sections!? Just wondering if you noticed.
Its the same with the IL2
Old 10-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
Yup. Same with IL-2, because people might wonder how it works as a bomber or as a fighter, so I figured I could put it in both sections. Same with the IL-10, although there's not a lot of new info in those descriptions. It's basically: see IL-2 and add armor/armament/speed/manouvreability.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

Nice of you to point out that the Bf-109 K is the fastest prop job in the game as players may tend to be confused by the historical fact that the P-51 was the fastest at 465 MPH (WEP level flight). Unfortunately, many fighters in this game have been "neutered" when it come to their performance envelopes.

On thing you omitted was that the all the Soviet fighters suffer from a distinct lack of armour plate in order to gain a performance advantage.

The La-5 and La-7 both have wooden Birchwood wings, which is why they cannot carry wing mounted guns. On the plus side, this gives them a good roll rate.

The Yak fighters have a similar construction make up, apart from the bicycle spoke wire type fuselage constuction for lightness.

All Soviet fighters in the game have zero rear pilot's seat armour so a well aimmed burst into the cockpit will take out an opponent easily. One advantage (??) of this is that one can see directly behind one's Yak and see that enemy Bf-109 that is impossible to out maneuver.

Both the Yak and La fighters have similar structural integretty problems when hit as Japanese fighters..... a few cannon hits and they fall apart at the seams.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

I might go on single player training and see just how fast the 109K is in level flight at set heights (much like i have done with the hurricane and LA-7)
Old 10-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzergranate View Post
Nice of you to point out that the Bf-109 K is the fastest prop job in the game as players may tend to be confused by the historical fact that the P-51 was the fastest at 465 MPH (WEP level flight). Unfortunately, many fighters in this game have been "neutered" when it come to their performance envelopes.

On thing you omitted was that the all the Soviet fighters suffer from a distinct lack of armour plate in order to gain a performance advantage.

The La-5 and La-7 both have wooden Birchwood wings, which is why they cannot carry wing mounted guns. On the plus side, this gives them a good roll rate.

The Yak fighters have a similar construction make up, apart from the bicycle spoke wire type fuselage constuction for lightness.

All Soviet fighters in the game have zero rear pilot's seat armour so a well aimmed burst into the cockpit will take out an opponent easily. One advantage (??) of this is that one can see directly behind one's Yak and see that enemy Bf-109 that is impossible to out maneuver.

Both the Yak and La fighters have similar structural integretty problems when hit as Japanese fighters..... a few cannon hits and they fall apart at the seams.
Just checking.. did you see the wing tear at the seams in-game?
I apologise for the sarcasm, as I've stated in the first post, this guide is based on in-game experience. I haven't really noticed wings falling of faster from an La than a Spit..
Old 10-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzergranate View Post
You sure of this? My information says the P51D had a top speed of 438mph with WEP at 24,500ft, which is a lot more than I can get out of a P51D ingame, only gives 355mph at this altitude, but is below the K4's top speed of 452mph at 22,000ft.

The only Mustang varient faster than this was the P51H(487mph at 25,000ft), but this was only just coming into service when the war ended in Japan, and as far as I know no plane of this mark saw combat.