Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

I have the same issues too. English CD version.

Athlon 64 3700+
2gb RAM
8500GT 512mb
XP
Old 08-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Cat View Post
I have the same issues too. English CD version.

Athlon 64 3700+
2gb RAM
8500GT 512mb
XP
What's your CPU speed?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

Ah yes - 2.2Ghz
Old 08-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Cat View Post
Ah yes - 2.2Ghz
There lies your problem. The game requires a minimal CPU speed of 2.4GHz. You may get it to work, but far from getting the full benefit, and enjoyment.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
There lies your problem. The game requires a minimal CPU speed of 2.4GHz. You may get it to work, but far from getting the full benefit, and enjoyment.
I have to concede you are right - it is 2.4Ghz, I guess I didnt read the box properly when I bought it. Though quite why as goes installation it said it was ok and met min specs I dont know.

I still argue however that failing to meet minimum specs would cause the game to struggle to run altogether, not to cause a fault in a specific place. Say for example if you had a car with a low performance - it would struggle to go up all hills - not race up all hills, but one - to fail on one specific hill that is not as steep as others would seem a little strange would it not.

tbh - I'd like the devs to explain this one.

I'm not arguing with you however - I realise my CPU speed doesnt meet reqs, but the point is, is that it works completely fine, with much traffic, but in that one place it completely fails - just like centy has shown in his pics.
I will play again, if only to drive everywhere and find if this problem occurs elsewhere on the map. It just doesnt make sense. Will update (when I can).
Old 08-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

I know of a few games that don't run well on minimal specs. That's why I never purchase a game using it. I always get a game using the recommended specs. For the life of me, I'll never understand why minimal is even listed. It gives the purchaser a false sense of security, and I find it to be a bit deceptive no matter who the publisher is. This game in particular runs poorly on the minimal specs. I know this because I installed it on my old computer very similar to your specs, and the bugs were endless like everyone else reported.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centy2010 View Post
XP Pro
Athlon 64 3500+
Geforce 6800 GT 256 Mb
Ram 2 Go
SB Live!
OK, so centy and I have similar specs (and both have the disappearing world bug (but only in one place).

My spec is:
Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2Ghz (centy's will be similar to 2.2)
8500GT 512mb
2gb ram
XP

Interesting point here. Though I still doubt it has to do with processor performance, because if it would be entirely due to processor performance it would happen in many places (not just one spot on the entire map).
I will set the graphics to lowest res & settings, with no traffic and see if there is a difference, but I suspect not. Then try in the opposite direction - if the processor is to blame the same problem should occur elsewhere.

I do note with interest however, the min req spec is unbalanced - CPU needs 2.4Ghz (which many current pc's fail to match), yet the rest of the min reqs are very, very low - 1gb RAM, and a 5700 nvidia! That is like (at least) 4 year old tech. Very bizarre.

But as I say - my pc works completely fine with it, unless I drive from Lebec to LA. Then it fails.

However, I've not reported endless bugs - I've reported one. I've also said that the game works fine (with traffic etc) with the exception of the one fault with the missing world (in one spot on the map). That one wrecks the game. I do not believe that this error is caused by the processor. Is there a techie around who could explain why this would happen?

NB: There were no recommended specs on the box.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

Your video card is better, and could explain your overall performance. I have not personally seen this error on my computer. Also check out the system specs on 1C's Home page for RnR. The recommended specs are listed there.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Approved Member

Default Rain bug?

When it's raining i'm only see small drops on the window and i don't need to use wipers at all.. If it's rain stronger, i got the same.

Screen:

Screen 2:

Strange. I am getting only this. There is 5 April 2014 in game. No serious rain?

I wanna rain like this one :

Maxed settings. This is not video card limitation.

PC.
Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz
3GB RAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB.

If this is bug, i'm gonna sell this game... Because it's a big joke... I thought that game has less glitches... But it has more and more.

@EDIT: tried Fast delivery mode. Well, i think it needs to rain stronger... In beggining of the rain i see something like this. I hope i will see rain like this soon. I got 1 May 2014 in game.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-22-2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Relocated to the proper thread.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Approved Member

download the rain mod, it gives a whole difference ! (check modifications)