Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX-SiLeNCE-Xx View Post
Can you look around with a mouse?
sorry dont have usb mouse
Old 12-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
P-51D vs SpitIX
(p-51 won, but in a turning fight the spit will win by small difference now, the difference can be compared to that of a yak3 vs la5)

Blackouts play an important role (you will notice them a lot, fun fun fun), redouts are less frequent but are there.

Online points 1 kill = 5 points, 1 death = -1 point
- crash no kill problem still there but is less frequent
Yeah, the blackouts and the more frequent heavy breathing make it much more intense.

I've only played on sim so far and the damage/crash=kill doesn't seem to be working. I was downed a few times with shots to my wings and rudder but it didn't register as a kill. Perhaps the affected plane-part has to turn black to count?
I'll try some of the other modes to see if it's more apparent.

(Also, after your first online match is over you're met with a slew of unlocks )
Old 12-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Haven't tried a mouse but 1 thing I noticed, when in cockpit view sim mode if you use the d-pad to look it no longer looks at the outside of your plane instead it pans from the inside!

I will try my new multi touch apple mouse it is bluetooth.

EDIT: Sweet even the apple mouse works. Left click and you can look everywhere, let off the button and view returns to center. Killer.

Last edited by trk29; 12-07-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Default Custom ZOOM on SIM

Does anyone know why there are two Zoom Cameras on the customise Pad screen?
Everything seems to be mapping ok but not the Zoom Camera (when playing on SIM mode).
Old 12-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Haven't tried a mouse but 1 thing I noticed, when in cockpit view sim mode if you use the d-pad to look it no longer looks at the outside of your plane instead it pans from the inside!

I will try my new multi touch apple mouse it is bluetooth.

EDIT: Sweet even the apple mouse works. Left click and you can look everywhere, let off the button and view returns to center. Killer.
HELL YES!!! OMG that's awesome! Target tracking just got a whole lot easier. How's the deadzone?

Last edited by trk29; 12-07-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylowlead View Post
QQ the P-51 should be the HANDS down best plane in the game
Erm, no. Great, yes. But the fact that everyone thinks its the best is complete fooey. Going into that discussion is for another thread.

First off, I'd like to thank the devs for all their hard work and their patience for torture from all of us and the publishers

Anyway, the P-51D was a little better. It feels like the Spitfires are easiest to blackout in, but they feel more unstable... kinda weird since the 109 never seems to go into spin, though WWII pilots found it very unstable.

Something I find very important is that the zoom button will NOT WORK if re-assigned. I assigned it to down on the Dpad, tried square, etc. Nothing works except the default L2. There's also 2 options for zoom as well for some reason. I think the control list lists all the controls in all three modes.

I think that controller setups should be split between sim, realistic, and arcade because there are double options for a bunch of things.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX-SiLeNCE-Xx View Post
HELL YES!!! OMG that's awesome! Target tracking just got a whole lot easier. How's the deadzone?
Haven't tried with a the AV8R yet. I did try my MS Sidewinder and all the control mapping worked great except the throttle the game wouldn't recognize the movement on the throttle switch.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPappy View Post
Erm, no. Great, yes. But the fact that everyone thinks its the best is complete fooey. Going into that discussion is for another thread.

First off, I'd like to thank the devs for all their hard work and their patience for torture from all of us and the publishers

Anyway, the P-51D was a little better. It feels like the Spitfires are easiest to blackout in, but they feel more unstable... kinda weird since the 109 never seems to go into spin, though WWII pilots found it very unstable.

Something I find very important is that the zoom button will NOT WORK if re-assigned. I assigned it to down on the Dpad, tried square, etc. Nothing works except the default L2. There's also 2 options for zoom as well for some reason. I think the control list lists all the controls in all three modes.

I think that controller setups should be split between sim, realistic, and arcade because there are double options for a bunch of things.
EVEN more important, when playing on SIM mode using the custom layout, the zoom will not work atall, even on the default L2. SIM players using a pad have always had to fly with the wireless aviator setup for pad option to give freedom to looking around without having to depress the R3 button but the downside was losing the zoom function & now it seems, you stillcant have a dedicated look around feature on R3 & have zoom when playing SIM?!?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Hey guys I tested out all the layouts they have 4 defaults now. I believe Gaijin got it right with layout 3 it is just like wireless AV8R layout except now rudder is L2 and R2 and throttle is L1 and R1 and you can set throttle to what ever you want it.

This will be my choice with pad and I should say you should try this.

To look you just move right stick and to get different views click it.

D-pad does Rockets bombs and flaps
Square zooms
X guns
triangle commands to flight ? I haven't tried this one yet
o map

the only thing is there is no trim button

Last edited by trk29; 12-07-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Hey guys I tested out all the layouts they have 4 defaults now. I believe Gaijin got it right with layout 3 it is just like wireless AV8R layout except now rudder is L2 and R2 and throttle is L1 and R1 and you can set throttle to what ever you want it.

This will be my choice with pad and I should say you should try this.

To look you just move right stick and to get different views click it.
YES!!!!!! GREAT ADVICE. Finally. Workable views & a zoom feature on SIM mode. Thanks alot trk.