Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 09-25-2012, 02:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
So the DLC aircraft, sorry - cockpits, are not so?

EDIT, I just went on the RoF forum and I am confused. Seems its not so free to play as you have to upgrade your demo? Can someone confirm this?
Not so what?

The game is free. That includes 2 free aircraft: Albatros DVa and Spad 13. You can also fly as a gunner online even if you don't own the aircraft that you are flying in. It's called a demo, but it's a demo that never expires. F R E E.

Additional aircraft are currently at 50% discount.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
Not so what?

The game is free. That includes 2 free aircraft: Albatros DVa and Spad 13. You can also fly as a gunner online even if you don't own the aircraft that you are flying in. It's called a demo, but it's a demo that never expires. F R E E.

Additional aircraft are currently at 50% discount.
How come I paid £30.00 for it on release then?!

Wait whats this got to do with donations for clod? - Can a business accept donations? What about consumer rights and legalities?

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 09-25-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
How come I paid £30.00 for it on release then?!
Because you bought one of the retail versions rather than downloading the free demo.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
It's not the same in RoF. You give some money and get something in return. It is a purchase. A donation would be giving money to clod developers and receiving nothing in return, except the hope of making a real purchase later on.
Nope.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
Because you bought one of the retail versions rather than downloading the free demo.
No I didn't because to have the full game on release you had to pay for it with MONIES! It had two free aircarft, (sorry cockpits! - there is a difference aparently!) and four others you could BUY! It was not a free game until one year later and as a die hard rise of flight fan I expect you would know this! The "free" demo with SP stuff came about a year after! Although it did have a servely limited DEMO.

Essentially my paid for game was reduced to the demo pile with no reward, nor compensation! - essentially I paid for the development of those aircraft you love! For nothing!

I also hear from a reliable source that the main stay of the German side is 30mph too slow (Albatross) making the game unrealistic and once an aircraft is released the FM/DM is NEVER modified!

Little documentation exist to disprove or prove any FM/DM except pilot reports and multiplayer numbers in RoF have fallen! - Because the whole thing is monies orientated!

Once agin IL2 promises the future... - Let us not forget RoF was out 2 YEARS before Clod! - and we all know what rhymes with flight?! (its an English word which come from the German word!)

Anyway this would please most in IL2 (the realistic WWII combat flight sim!) I think:

Quote:
I just had an idea though if clod does go down the DLC route, just make us that dont like the model buy a bundle pack from the off. Twice ( or more?) the price for everything in that expansion, like "Ost Front", "Mediterranean and North Africa", "Pacific", etc, when it is released as downloadable content we get it automatically without charge. Then those who like to buy DLC can buy it a piece at a time and everyone who doesnt like that can just buy a bundle... That might make everyone happy.
  • Those that want to try the sim could do so without a massive price tag or feeling suckered into buying DLC, attracting more customers with a demo version.
  • Those who can afford a big pay out per sequal are not put off by the pay for DLC business model. The devs would get a cash injection before they had done the work.
  • Those who like the DLC model or could not afford the whole thing in one go could buy piece by piece. Fueling money into the sim long term.
Win for all! - LETS GET BACK ON TRACK THIS IS THE IL2 FORUM AFTER ALL!

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 09-26-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Approved Member

I have seen some diatribe on the net in my time stretching the truth to suite their agenda, but this has to be one of the best, so lets clarify some dubious points.

Quote:

I also hear from a reliable source that the main stay of the German side is 30mph too slow (Albatross) making the game unrealistic [/B]

First lesson in life, check your source! It aint all that reliable Eleven miles per hour is more the truth, than the "lets pull a figure out of my hat" 30 mph quoted.

Quote:
and once an aircraft is released the FM/DM is NEVER modified![/B]
More Diatribe me thinks! Refer link below.

http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewto...p?f=45&t=25227

Especially the second line "2. Nieuport 17.C1 now have revized FM (stability, agility, maneuverability, speed, climb, construction strenght, anything...)"

Quote:
multiplayer numbers in RoF have fallen! -[/B]
Hope you havn't based this statement from that "reliable source " again.

Quote:
Once agin IL2 promises the future... - -[/B]
"Promises the future" Pfft. If this link below was anything to go by, their promises and the game we were finally presented with does not hold much "promise" for the future.

http://www.cleared-to-engage.com/201...diary-part-01/

Last edited by bzc3lk; 09-27-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

Wow they revised a flight model in Nov 2011! Also was not the albatross one of the early aircraft in that title? Which just proves the rule, once its out the door 777 dont care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzc3lk View Post
"Promises the future" Pfft. If this link below was anything to go by, their promises and the game we were finally presented with does not hold much "promise" for the future.
Yea it was a double edged statement. Promises are not always delivered.

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 09-27-2012 at 10:29 AM.