Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About RnR?
I Love It (needs very little improvements) Please explain. 9 9.68%
I Like It (needs some improvements) Please explain. 40 43.01%
It's OK (needs a lot of improvements) Please explain. 30 32.26%
I Hate It (needs vast improvements) Please explain. 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Personally I voted 'Hate it'. In theory I should like it (I liked King of the Road - that had bugs, but not so catastrophically huge), if it werent for the fact I cant drive to LA ever, because of the (as someone else put it) sky in the road, and you just fall forever. Over and again.

If I was reviewing this I'd give it 3% - the graphics may be good, it may sound ok (though I dont believe so) on a very good setup. But the fact that if there is a big hole in the road right near the start, surely there are others. And creating the unplayable feature. A game by definition is something you 'play' with ie 'gameplay' - therefore if its lacking in that, it doesnt matter how fancy it looks.

Just glad I didnt pay too much for it.

Even if it were free I'd advise people against it.

1C should really think about their reputation, especially regards future sales of other products.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

yeah their future products might have holes in the road or skies in the middle of their roads, this really annoys me too, i can never driver around or too L.A, its just impossible.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Cat View Post
Personally I voted 'Hate it'. In theory I should like it (I liked King of the Road - that had bugs, but not so catastrophically huge), if it werent for the fact I cant drive to LA ever, because of the (as someone else put it) sky in the road, and you just fall forever. Over and again.

If I was reviewing this I'd give it 3% - the graphics may be good, it may sound ok (though I dont believe so) on a very good setup. But the fact that if there is a big hole in the road right near the start, surely there are others. And creating the unplayable feature. A game by definition is something you 'play' with ie 'gameplay' - therefore if its lacking in that, it doesnt matter how fancy it looks.

Just glad I didnt pay too much for it.

Even if it were free I'd advise people against it.

1C should really think about their reputation, especially regards future sales of other products.
What are your comp specs?
CPU, Speed, Ram, Vid-Card. The LA error you reported most commonly falls here.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

I voted i hated it.

This has the makings for a great trucking game if it was not fatally flawed with bugs and time limits. The time limits alone are inexcusable but you throw in the fact that I spent over 2 hours figuring out all the laundry list of bugs before i even could start playing it is atrocious.

I've seen less bugs in first builds of mods and virtually every beta I have tried from any company or person i have worked with.

List of bugs I am experiencing

- The video/control options once you enter story mode. Do not work at all.
- The video options will not apply unless you changed the resolution
- You can not modify the controls because certain keys do not work unless the controls are on default
- Anti Aliasing is very flakey and does not always work
- Cruise control does not work regardless of what key its set to
- Zoom out and in are bound to the wrong keys regardless of what it says in the controls menu.
- There is no "tutorial" That I know of.
- There is no way to skip the cut scenes (possibly not a bug but bad design)
- various signs are not correct and point you in the wrong direction or into a barricade.
- odd flickering textures on the cars at times.
- Rain is pretty terrible (though not a bug)
- No easy way to put the game into a window (Not a bug yet another missing feature)

and of course the time limits. Which is not technically a bug but ruins the experience. I can not see myself playing this very much unless I can find a way to turn it off.

Oh well. only 30 bucks but considering it has felt like work work playing this 90% of the time I feel pretty ripped off.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Again, computer specs would be nice. They are usually at the root of some of these complaints/problems, and helps us to help you.

1 Cruise control has to be purchased in the repair shop.
2 Video controls I have no problem with.
3 Zoom in/out works well with the appropriate keys for me.
4 Cut scenes can be skipped with the Esc key. Except for conversations (I think).
5 Modifying controls take some time, but can be done through the directory in windows.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

Funny how a lot of people say this game sucks just because they dont meet the system requirements or have hardware problems...

Ihavent experienced most of the bugs mentioned here (also most of them are non gameplay bugs) and I have a bad pc so very weird...

perhaps some of you have illegal versions, thats my opinion
Old 08-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by net4fun View Post
You know, i have one, and because this game is so buggy it will stay that way until i delete it. Why do i have it. I wont buy shit games, i yust test them and make an review of the game. If the game is good, buy it. On one torrent site, 1412 people downloaded this game. The page where people comment, is 45 pages long, and more than 95% of pirates deleted the game, because its the buggiest game they have ever see. No one of this pirates will buy the game, more than 60% would.

This is yust some small info, on how the things go if you are a pirate. No one lost any money, if i buyed it before testing, i would definetly demand a refound.
Along with a lot of other games. This one is especially sensitive to illegal copies. My opinion is that if you pirate this, or any other game for whatever reason, you are nothing more then a thief, and I have a dim view of them, and I don't care how you, or anyone else dresses it up, and makes excuses for it. Your game don't work?..... Good!

You have admitted to piracy. Read the forum rules. You don't even have the right to complain, or report errors, and bugs on this forum. You're banned, and all postings deleted. Anyone else?!
Also use spell check the next time you visit a forum. Just some small info too.

@Lolsmurf,

Well said.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-02-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Approved Member

well i have bought the english CD version for only £6.61 and its genuine and it runs like a dream on my laptop,i have had no major bugs or glitches and ive been to LA a few times and the road is fine,yes there are a couple of niggles but nothing i cant live with,if you have a pirated version then you will get a whole box of problems,so i agree with usa trucker and lolsmurf if you want to play a decent game with no major problems then pay for a genuine version....
Old 08-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

I bought the Impulse version of the game. It took me a little bit to warm up to it but I'm really enjoying it now.
There seem to be a fair amount of bugs but I haven't run into any major, gamebreaking bugs yet. Today I bought extra mirrors for my truck and they worked fine at first, but then both mirrors showed the image from the left side of the truck, as if they were the same mirror, lol. I just sold them.
The game ran/runs quite poorly for me even though my computer is fairly good, but after a lot of 'downsizing' of the graphics and resolution I got it to run fairly decent even at with medium traffic.
One of the biggest things that did bug me was the time limits. I spend about 12 hours trying to figure out how to mod the game to extend time limits or remove them completely. At times I thought I was close, but no dice. Anyways I ended up setting the difficulty to novice (easy) and now the time limits seem much better. I have time to get to my destinations without neccessarily going light-speed, and maybe a little extra time.

I've played a few other truck games, like 18wos and a european one, can't remember the name. They weren't bad but in my opinion this one is the best. I love the handling on the keyboard. I have the sensitivity set to 3 and centering force set to 1, this makes it so i have near-perfect control around turns and corners. If I ever need to turn the steering wheel faster I just hold control.

Obviously I voted Like It. I really hope they work to polish this game up a little more and don't abandon it. I think there's an expansion in the works (don't quote me on that I'm not positive) and I would love more roads to drive on. If there was one gameplay related thing I could change in this game, and other truck games too, it would be that the roads were longer. They're pretty good on this game but I'd like a more realistically long ride, but not over the top.

Sorry for chatting so much. Here's my spec's for good measure:
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 1GB
8GB DDR3 RAM
Quad Core Intel Core 2 Q8200
(Newest drivers all around.)

-Keep on Truckin'
Vince
(I almost forgot. It would also be nice if songs were randomized in-game. I always have to push the 'I' key dozens of times just to get past the songs I've already heard dozens of times.)

Last edited by vince0018; 08-02-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Voted "I like it"...
...and from my personal point of view - I even love this game and I would like to thank developers for providing me countless hours of joy and excitement.

But...
This game still needs polishing and various improvements. It seems that RnR is just...unfinished. And probably most people expected much more from this game, and were left with disappointment and fury.

Loved:
* Scenery
* Detailed trucks
* Soundtrack
* Quests
* Most of the game content

Needs big-time improvements:
* AI
* Game physics
* Cargo delivery (too simplified in some cases)

In conclusion - Rig'N'Roll has a vast potential, and I hope that one day developers would use that potential and give players a sequel they would never forget