Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: When will the next beta patch be released?
thursday!!! 1 0.74%
this friday 18 13.24%
during next week 15 11.03%
during the week after the next week 12 8.82%
in three weeks 9 6.62%
after a month 12 8.82%
two months 2 1.47%
three months 5 3.68%
this year, hopefully.. 20 14.71%
in two weeks 42 30.88%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

The next patch will make an improvement that's for sure but don't expect this title to be finished because i don't think it will be..

The next add-on/expansion will generate more funds which will help improve things with the engine and content etc etc..

I have no doubt this will be finished and in years to come were still be here playing it but I wouldn't bank on the next patch doing much imo
Old 12-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
The next patch will make an improvement that's for sure but don't expect this title to be finished because i don't think it will be..

The next add-on/expansion will generate more funds which will help improve things with the engine and content etc etc..

I have no doubt this will be finished and in years to come were still be here playing it but I wouldn't bank on the next patch doing much imo
I agree totally.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

ACE, Luthier him self said COD had a Exe crashing problem, mine crashes every time i try and play and i have a top of the range PC.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
Hey.. Your the one that said there were crystal clear examples of bugs that qualified CoD as a 'alpha' product.. So dont get upset with me because you were not able to provide '1'

Sorry but you are wrong.. Take a closer look at that link you yourself provided and note it says DX 10 and DX 11 API support..

On a related note, you can edit your conf.ini file such that CoD will use DX11 feature levels..

So not only does CoD make use of the DX 11 API but it can also run DX 11 feature levels.. Just not very well because at the time of the release, Oleg noted there were issue with Microsofts DX 11 features level that caused 1C to default to DX 10 feature levels

Just as I can not converse (argue) with someone that claims there are plenty of CLEAR bugs examples in CoD that qualify it as a 'alpha' release..

But can not provide one
Since you provide no evidence it is the wrong choice. ie. prove there are no bugs.
I still choose C End of argument.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post

When you consider 1C aproach with IL-2..

Where after 10+ years we are still getting support..

I think it is a safe bet that CoD and it follow ons will get the same support..

Assuming the nay-sayers don't talk it to death with innuendo and myths first

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 12-05-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
ACE, Luthier him self said COD had a Exe crashing problem, mine crashes every time i try and play and i have a top of the range PC.
Sorry.. I didn't mean to imply that some PCs are not experancing crashes.. What with all the variations in hardware and software these days I am not suprised at all.. What I did say is 'some' PCs are not experancing crashes.. Which to me means, CoD is now tasked to find out what is specific about those PCs that is making CoD crash.. Hence the dump files section in this forum
Old 12-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus View Post
Since you provide no evidence it is the wrong choice. ie. prove there are no bugs.
Ah.. Now I see why your so upset!

You seem to be under the impression that I said there are no bugs! Which is not true at all! All I am saying is that per Maus's definition of bugs CoD does not qualify as being called a 'alpha' product. I hope that helps clear things up for you and allows you to calm down a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus View Post
I still choose C End of argument.
I disagree.. it ended a few posts back when you were unable to provide '1' example

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 12-05-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
Ah.. Now I see why your so upset!

You seem to be under the impression that I said there are no bugs! Which is not true at all! All I am saying is that per Maus's definition of bugs CoD does not qualify as being called a 'alpha' product. I hope that helps clear things up for you and allows you to calm down a bit

I disagree.. it ended a few posts back when you were unable to provide '1' example
I still choose C Most fits CoD And I'm not upset.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

I've never experienced a crash or freeze with COD, but I have a relatively highend system, with very few background programs running. Infact I run COD on a separate SSD with only a copy of Windows 7 64bit, and Hotas peripherals installed on it. My every day computing is done on different HHD. I just reboot my system to the COD SSD whenever I want to fly. Until the sim is better optimized your going to need a very clean fast system to experience less problems other than feature issues. SSD's aren't that expensive anymore. You can easily pick one up under a hundred dollars. Unfortunately combat flight sims have always required high end systems if you want to run it with all the bells and whistles turned on.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 12-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
I've never experienced a crash or freeze with COD, but I have a relatively highend system, with very few background programs running. Infact I run COD on a separate SSD with only a copy of Windows 7 64bit, and Hotas peripherals installed on it. My every day computing is done on different HHD. I just reboot my system to the COD SSD whenever I want to fly. Until the sim is better optimized your going to need a very clean fast system to experience less problems other than feature issues. SSD's aren't that expensive anymore. You can easily pick one up under a hundred dollars. Unfortunately combat flight sims have always required high end systems if you want to run it with all the bells and whistles turned on.
I run it at 3.6 ghz and a GTX 580 with 6gigs of ram Win64, do you think my velociraptor is too slow for this sim and is causing all the stuttering?

Last edited by icarus; 12-05-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Closed Thread