Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: How would You like Teams to be Organized?
VAS Squadron vs Everyone Else 12 36.36%
VAS & Penor Flight vs Everyone Else 2 6.06%
Fresh, Random Teams (both equal in player skills, and numbers) 19 57.58%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Approved Member

For the record, I spend about 50-60 hours per week in the office for my job, not to mention additional time during nights and weekends. 6pm - 1am GMT is 12pm to 7pm in my time zone... I don't even get home from work until 7pm.

As I stated in a previous post, life has been exceptionally busy as of late. I simply did not have the time to keep up with this. In fact, I think I only managed to play BoP twice in the past few weeks (once being disconnected due to my internet connection taking a poo on me).

Edal, I'm sorry man. Looking back, I shouldn't have signed up for this one. I'll accept responsibility for not being present on behalf of the UK team. More important things took priority over the past month. Sometimes, it's just the way it works.

See ya around guys.

edit: if you saw me playing Beatles Rock Band, well, it the only game my GF likes.

Last edited by irrelevant; 01-26-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:53 AM
Approved Member

Default The Irony of it all is...

...that all of a sudden plenty of new motivated sim players are showing up every evening. I would not be surprised if some of them got more interested in flying sim because of the tournament.

If only Edal would have kept it going a little longer...

MACADEMIC
Old 01-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

Default For the future

I think it would be better if there are voted officers for each side and they set schedules and strategies for the fights.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

I've started a whole new thread about starting a new tournament, go throw in your 2 cents cause it's important to get the design right.

We could have done scheduled matches, but it takes days for that many people to post on this forum. Team USSR could have formed its own RAF faction and done plenty of matches with no scheduling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrelevant
I'll accept responsibility for not being present on behalf of the UK team.
You were there for quite a while on the last day, along with white rhino, but neither of you were officers. The ones who played last week were the absent ones.

Last edited by kozzm0; 01-26-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Approved Member

I'm going to unsticky this thread now since the tournament has been canceled.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
To be honest i think that this failed because there were no set times for battles meaning people were to laid back.. If only that could be changed!
Kudos to Edal for trying this...but I think it's failing was the game's inherent unbalance towards Russian planes. At the start there were a lot of matches going on, but I think the UK players, whether they realised it or not, just got fed up of being owned by superior LAs. And of course newer game releases give the perfect excuse.

Just my $0.02, to help any future tourneys avoid a similar fate...
Old 02-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
Kudos to Edal for trying this...but I think it's failing was the game's inherent unbalance towards Russian planes. At the start there were a lot of matches going on, but I think the UK players, whether they realised it or not, just got fed up of being owned by superior LAs. And of course newer game releases give the perfect excuse.

Just my $0.02, to help any future tourneys avoid a similar fate...
If the LA is superior why was the Ace of Aces final two Spitfires?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

+1

and the uk-team had a biiiig advantage on cta with their p47.
they won the airsuperiority over italy with their spits too...
Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post
If the LA is superior why was the Ace of Aces final two Spitfires?
Mirgervin used an LA5 (I think - could have been a 7) all the way up to the semi-finals. And pretty much every match I played was against an LA. Spitfire vs LA is manageable, just, in 1v1, but when it's more, the Spits get owned.

You give me another reason why the UK team enthusiasm dropped off so sharply while there were so many USSR players always wiling to play?
Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

You guys won the air superiority mode the first week, not exactly getting owned there

Where the spitfire didn't work was in airfields - but the p47 was completely unstoppable in that mode. Hurricanes would have worked better also.

The main difference in airfields was we spent quite a bit of time preparing, making sure everyone could land la7's, memorizing the runways and obstacles on the stalingrad airfields.

That was why team UK lost morale mainly, I think. Once team USSR had the b-17, maybe it seemed hopeless. Involving the b-17 ended up ruining the whole thing.