Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

More ideas:

1) Make the red and blue target locator/tracking arrows separate from the no cockpit view. Allow them to be turned on or off either as a keyboard command or as a difficulty option. That way, the tracking arrows could be turned on when the cockpit view is on or turned off when the no cockpit view is on. This feature is available in CloD and might be an unused feature of IL2.

2) Allow the game to be paused while the map view is active.

3) Allow ships and stationary ground objects (i.e., buildings) to appear on the mini-map. Also have a switch so that ships and stationary objects don't appear on the mini-map, while planes still do (to simulate radar which can't pick up low-lying objects).

4) Provide a difficulty option which allow objects on the mini-map to remain hidden or unidentified until identified by a friendly unit (ship, vehicle, plane, etc.) equipped with a radio. This would represent the need to visually identify "bogies" picked up by ground-based radar.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocococ View Post
I don't understand why people still bitch about the lack of swastika.
I don't get it either. I hope it's just a desire for realism, not an actual desire to glorify fascism. Anyhow, if you want the hakenkreuz or realistic Finnish markings, just use one of the however many skins there are out there, Mat manager, or one of the various mods which allows politically incorrect markings to be displayed.

This option gets requested a lot, mostly by people who don't realize that the swastika is outlawed in some countries and is considered to be in extremely bad taste in many more. If DT had a FAQ, it should be right up there with other things that cannot be included in the game.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

It is about history. Like it or not all German planes had a hakenkreuz painted on their tail. How about flying without any national markings on russian planes, because comunism was evil?
Old 05-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

At the risk of breaking a site rule, even the British Fleet Air Arm was known to use the swastika. This is a Blackburn Dart landing on HMS Furious in 1926. The use of the swastika by Finnish Air Forces pre-dated the rise of the nazi's in Germany. However laws are laws and some national sensitivities are understandably greater than others.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...titled-1-9.jpg

Don't click on the link if you might be offended.

Last edited by Asheshouse; 05-24-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florinm352 View Post
It is about history. Like it or not all German planes had a hakenkreuz painted on their tail. How about flying without any national markings on russian planes, because comunism was evil?
No it is not about history it is about politics. The luftwaffe symbol is there, so you instantly know that this plane belongs to Germany. That is enough for a flight simulator.

And the fact that you already gοt into politics discussion (the communism comment) confirms that I am right.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Global Moderator

The swastika is outlawed in several countries. Companies selling products must respect those laws or have problems. Who cares enough about a stupid swastika to create problems.

Basically, some people stupidly fixate on something like the swastika that means nothing. They just want to create issues for complaints.

Why not put a picture of "Hello Kitty" on the tail of your Axis aircraft. It would mean just about as much, and maybe even get a smile from the dude that blasts your butt out of the sky.

Last edited by nearmiss; 05-24-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Default Swastika

GENTLEMEN, LET'S FORGET ABOUT SVASTIKAS!

I'm sorry my first post generated such a squabble. I didn't mean to, and I thought my 2 previous posts made my point clear: I consider this a side issue of the game, and as it would be outlaw, the question is over (and thus any debate in this place is of questionable interest, IMHO).

I created this situation against my will. So I'll try to put an end to the argument and bring everybody round:

A famous pioneer airman said: "The first guy who painted a roundel on an airplane is a criminal".

I ain't sure, but it may be famous Brazilian pilot Alberto Santos-Dumont, who was horrified by the use of (unarmed) airplanes for military purpose when WWI started, and even more by the use of armed airplanes when they appeared. As some of you may know, he ended committing suicide, depressed by incurable disease (sclerosis) and supposedly also by the use of aircraft in warfare.

---

I'd be pleased to see my 2nd initial topic debated with even more enthousiam (see next post).
Old 05-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Default Fly Me to the Moon

The AI nav lights issue correction paved the way to better night flight experience.

I think making exhaust flames visible could be the next (easy?) step which would notably improve night fighting.

I don’t fly at night in IL2. Not because I ain’t interested, but because I don’t see I damn thing - not to say downward. Any feedback on this?

On the other hand, AIs seem to be owl-eyed. Before thinking of blinding them, the next step IMO may be to give the player a chance (to spot exhaust pipes - as RL early night fighters).

Your opinion? Any other idea to improve night flying, fighting or bombing?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Coloured flares for ground target marking
Ammo crates and fuel tanks wich can explode
Bigger smoke plumes that follow the wind direction
Turn/slip indicator mounted on the P-47 gunsights
Bigger tracers for the 50.call mgs
Option to select tracer rounds or normal rounds
Larger normandy map
West Berlin map
Multi crew
Flyable Lancaster
Old 05-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpalerNL View Post
Flyable Lancaster
...Wellington, Defiant, He-219, Ju-88C/G
Non-flyable Hampden, Stirling
Radar antennas for Bf-110, Fw-190, Ju-88, Ar-234 (+ Coastal Command Wellington and Liberator)
Exhaust flame suppressors...
Closed Thread