Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 05-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I have a Russian testing result against Bf 109 s-s tank, and they found that up to 20 (!!) hits were sealed when hit my RCMG fire.
I don't see a problem there with the current model, if hit square and fair the tanks to go kaboom or catch fire. Twin mounted rifle caliber guns show that.

Question is if you hit that tank let's assume with 7 hits on first pass, 9 hits on second pass, 11 hits on third pas, 6 hits on fourth pass you would assume that it catches fire sooner or later and the more passes you make the more total hits you score the more likely it should create a fire as the weaker the tank gets and more vulnerable once fuel starts seeping out of it.
This seems not to be the case however.

I searched, found nothing, but I take it there is no more 'arcade' mode which shows the hit arrows? I loved that feature in IL-2, in particular when testing damage models and your own shooting accuracy.
+++++