Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

[quote="stalkervision"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike
This is getting
Just found out pike that for modding purposes the EULA means absolutely nothing. This is from a lawyer btw. The on-line flying community has been trying to sell this myth over and over to all the modders so they wouldn't mod the game it now appears. It is also pretty certain they knew it meant nothing right from the start!
If Activision (or any other company) released the IL-2 hack and accompanying content (I'm talkin' for free here), they would be in court before the news hit The Register.

Just because there is no prosecution does not mean there is no fault or guilt. It doesn't take a lawyer to know that the IL-2 hackers have nothing to fear. It would cost much to go after them for no gain.

If a EULA wasn't legally binding then companies would not be paying the grabillions they do for software licenses.

--Outlaw.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff
That can be debatable in a court of law, even though it's spelled out it can be-fought! The judge may find fault of the company for not fully explaining the use of the EULA, depends on the amount of money and time the Company want's to spend on that person.
While it is true that fault or guilt only extends as far as what a judge or jury can be convinced of, that doesn't change fact. We all know of cases where a person committed the crime but were found not guilty (at fault) due to technicalities or just plain stupidity. The opposite is also true as shown by the many people that have been cleared by DNA evidence of crimes they were found "guilty" of committing long ago.

IMO the IL-2 EULA is not that hard to understand.

--Outlaw.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

something that's kind of shaping my thinking. The sound mod itsself is kind of gray territory here as it doesn't look like a true mod. Whereas turning non flyable ai aircraft into human flyables is
Old 11-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.JaVA_Sharp
something that's kind of shaping my thinking. The sound mod itsself is kind of gray territory here as it doesn't look like a true mod. Whereas turning non flyable ai aircraft into human flyables is
I don't see how anyone could think this way. By definition there is no such thing as an IL-2 mod, only hacks and the severity is inconsequential.

--Outlaw.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

Stalkervision quote
----------------------------------------------------------
To me many the on-line crowd are extreamly selfish. They think not a bit about the non-onliners whatsoever just that someone may cheat on them in some on-line game. IMO these complainers more often then not are substandard pilots. Hell i see these same type of complainers whine about the game's ai cheating them even!
----------------------------------------------------------

hmmmm...lets see every other combat flight sims can be modded or hacked and here we have one sim that the on-line community can call home, and you want this one screwed up aswell. You call us extremely selfish. Those sims that had on-line communities were ruined by these hacks.

Does your supposition that complainers are substandard pilots hold true with your own complaining. Those that resort to name calling are usually trying to deflect scrutiny of their own deficiencies.

People who join the on-line community usually have their ass handed to them at first because they are used to flying only against the AI. They go away complaining about cheaters, lol. Until they tough it out and learn from those with on-line experience.

I can hear your screaming now, if someone hacked the AI in your latest download of BOB WOV and you had your ass handed to you everytime you flew off-line.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
I could care less what you do off-line with the program, but using the stuff on line is complete BS for every "honorable" mod user is 10 "cheater" mod users. Only looking to cause havoc and show everyone what a smacktard they are.
Got charts? In my experience even in a high cheat environment there are maybe one cheater in ten, not the other way around. I have no problem with the anti hack view and am fully aware of the dangers it MAY pose, but to accuse 10 out of 11 mod users of being cheaters with absolutely no evidence or even anectotes to suggest such just weakening your own position. 10 out of 11 mod users wouldn't even know how to cheat, since there are no cheats being released as mods (the tools are there yes, but you still have to know what you are doing). If you want to argue against the mod go right ahead, just come up with a way that is not innacurate to the point of being silly while insulting a lot of people. Again, inacurasies and insults do not put you on the high ground even if your side is right (which is debatable).
Old 11-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Approved Member

I just found this .. something that could of be done long ago.. as many other fixes no wonder guys took out things into their hands.

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 11-29-2007, 03:26 AM
Approved Member

Did it ever occur to anyone that the developer was perhaps reserving the right to implement certain features into his next sim? Features that thanks to a few clever individuals have now been prematurely launched.. and that of course is well within the developers rights..

The thing that really kind of just makes me shake my head at all this is....

1)Some of the hackers have the gall... the GALL to say that Oleg & 1C brought this on themselves because they didn't give them what they wanted when they wanted it. Unbelievable...

2)Some of the hackers act like they are owed something... as if they were cheated. 1C gave us all the best d@mned WWI aerial combat sim... PERIOD. It may have been missing some planes.. but I can guarantee that the reason why this sim has lasted as long as it has... and at the pinnacle that it has remained at for so long is that the integrity of it's code was safe. Yes.. I know all about the clowns who hacked into it a few years ago... but at least they didn't put it all out there.... Oleg owes us nothing.... we got what we paid for.

You know.... When I got into IL2 I was not a hardcore simmer.. I liked to fly.. but it would get kind of boring. One of the first things that impressed me when I came to IL2 from CFS was the community.. and the fact that the guy that made the sim was actually [b]talking to the folks who flew it.. and he even flew it himself!!!! Blew me away. I was on Hyperlobby my first night.. and there he was.. Oleg Maddox.. right there with the folks who bought his sim.. I remember when the 1.2 patch came out... and the Friday updates.. and the rumors of an add on.... one that would add more planes.. Thunderbolt... Hawks..... and Mustangs..

Good times for sure... and it is just a shame that this is how it is ending up.. Let me ask this... What other piece of software has occupied a space on your HD like this series.... even if you just got to it in the past year... what other piece of software aside from your OS that is not business related... gets your attention? I don't know about you folks.. but for me there is none.

I am looking forward to BoB.... and I hope like h@ll that it can remain un hacked longer than IL2 did.. and that my fried is saying something.. Personally I think one of the main reasons wy it has lasted this long has been because the code was encrypted...
Old 11-29-2007, 03:43 AM
Approved Member

Nope.. never something was made to improve and they wouldn't .. I'm trying to understand as well what can make peoples mod.. and this is a good reason because daddy oleg is a bit stock and seeing a great sim like il2 at the end of it's carreer and nothing been done to really improve in certain areas or just fix things.

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 11-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

.. lets not be so critical on 1C developers ... IMHO their intentions and wishes are compromised by obligations and contracts with publisher ... Hope that with BoB will be different .

anyhow author of that map told me that all the work on normandy took only three days of his time ...

Born to fly...forced to work!!!
Closed Thread