Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:17 AM
Approved Member

Hmm, weird, i never use mage more than once in CW though, and i barely recall how good my black hole back then, but your int seems higher than me.

Anyway, i guess the weird thing is a good weird thing right? I mean doing more than the listed dmg.

Just a theory, maybe the listed max dmg in the description can't go over 19k, but your spell can exceed that number. Or maybe boss battle has its bug, if i remembered right boss is the most buggy elements of CW
Old 02-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

It's the other way around .Max damage listed can go over more then 19k , but spells can't exceed the maximum damage listed. Tested with a modified Armageddon spell. Min - Max damage are the same ( Damage listed 250.442.858.496) . Damage inflicted 14.633.482.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arma.JPG (175.0 KB, 78 views)
Old 02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

Why doesn't everyone ever believe me?

Ok, Three of the pics are of me preparing, showing my gear, and the spellbook.

It says 18,649ish damage or so max.

I start off against Baal, doing close to 27K to one of the archdemon stacks, but yet, doing more than 18,649 to all stacks.

I then do it again from a saved game BEFORE I went into Baal, admittedly it has 81 intellect, since the base damage is 19,000, not 18,649.

In that one, I only do 21000 damage (sorry, hit screensave before the battle log showed it).

I do it again in Reha, I do up to 28,174 damage. Low damage is 12,829.

A few possibilities

- Gloves of the Destroyer does ADDITIONAL post damage boosts that we are unaware of.
- Certain enemies are weak against Astral damage, but I didn't realize it or bother to check?

If Gloves does another 40% on top of the 40% boost, it would sort of explain that.

The gloves clearly affect the spell book description

19000*1.4 ~ 26600. But that is lower than the top damage of 28100. Also, that does not explain why my low damage was 12890 which is far lower than 40% boost on the minimum of around 11000 damage.

So that doesn't quite fly either.

buz, you probably can't see this unless you use the Gloves of the Destroyer. I'm fairly certain the bug or FEATURE is related to having two Gloves of the Destroyer. Ironic that the cheat method cannot break the rules, but the real method can?

Feel free to try to replicate my build using cheat methods and see if the results are the same. I'm a little too lazy to do any more testing on this for now.

Or if someone is really into it, I can provide my saved games.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BH-OverDmg-Int79.JPG (353.1 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg BH-OverDmg-Int79-Book.JPG (283.3 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg BH-OverDmg-Int79-Baal.JPG (225.9 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg BH-OverDmg-Int79+-rand.JPG (321.9 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg BH-OverDmg-Int81+-rand-reha.JPG (309.8 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by ckdamascus; 02-04-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Approved Member

I believe you, really. Perhaps the only one to do so.

Yeah i agree, to discover the cause, one must (identically) replicate the case rather than do the optimum possible experiment by changing the code.

In other words, i believe it is something more than just listed max dmg in description vs fact exceed it (or vice versa).

Boss battle is the most buggy element in this game, someone even defeat K'tahu without even fighting him by upgrading item, and still got the xp and the rewards.

Last edited by atlatea; 02-04-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

In King's Bounty: The Legend, Black Hole did more damage to low morale creatures. Is this a possible factor here? If you have necromancers and oil mist dropping morale will you suddenly do super bad-ass damage with it?
Old 02-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Approved Member

Well, in my tests, I was able to do more damage than the stated maximum, even in non-boss battles.

That said, I still seemed to do above normal damage against all targets in the Baal boss battle though. Could just be random luck though.

All I did was go around with a single stack of Black Knights, and the first thing I did was drop Black Hole. No pre-buffing at all.

I could probably test further by removing the Gloves of the Destroyer and seeing if that "fixes it" back to normal.

I'm a little too lazy to do so though haha. I've really played this game WAAYY too much lately, so I am taking a break. Haha.

I'll do some more tests later to see if the Gloves are the key issue.

I wonder if I am just doing some major oversight here. That said, it might also be my usage of wanderer scrolls. Maybe Depth of Knowledge (+10 intellect) acts strangely?

Last edited by ckdamascus; 02-05-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Approved Member

Well, I have finished. No loss, impossible, mage. Day 18. 93 Quests completed.

Hardest fight in the game was definitely Scrounger. Partially due to Blood Shamans simply casting one of their abilities even when feared... which is some weird bug I've never seen before. Ultimately Magic Shackles did her in. It was surprising how hard to kill her Trackers were if they could get their summon out.

Also, I feel like the Battle with Baal was ALSO bugged. I recall before when he summoned troops, he would always fill the ring directly adjacent to him with troops. In my fight, there were noticeable gaps that let me keep hitting him. It was really weird.

I used the Phoenix trick to keep hitting him at 2x speed, and took him down decently fast using the solo stack of Bone Dragons (35). Got close when one of his Archdemon stacks was finally large enough to Halve my stack, had to throw a timeback into the mix there to survive. Baal finally died to a poison skull .

18 Days was clearly worse than I could have done. I didn't really truly think about a fast run until about day 11, and even then made obvious mistakes (Gah, you have to go back to Elon after going to Reha .)
Old 02-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Well, I have finished. No loss, impossible, mage. Day 18. 93 Quests completed.

Hardest fight in the game was definitely Scrounger. Partially due to Blood Shamans simply casting one of their abilities even when feared... which is some weird bug I've never seen before. Ultimately Magic Shackles did her in. It was surprising how hard to kill her Trackers were if they could get their summon out.

Also, I feel like the Battle with Baal was ALSO bugged. I recall before when he summoned troops, he would always fill the ring directly adjacent to him with troops. In my fight, there were noticeable gaps that let me keep hitting him. It was really weird.

I used the Phoenix trick to keep hitting him at 2x speed, and took him down decently fast using the solo stack of Bone Dragons (35). Got close when one of his Archdemon stacks was finally large enough to Halve my stack, had to throw a timeback into the mix there to survive. Baal finally died to a poison skull .

18 Days was clearly worse than I could have done. I didn't really truly think about a fast run until about day 11, and even then made obvious mistakes (Gah, you have to go back to Elon after going to Reha .)
Congrats!

Interesting. I guess you whittled down her army enough to make magic shackles usable?

Ah, good ol fear. I remember using it a lot when I first played this game, but I have not used it since. With such high intellect, it was probably worth considering to use.

I never used Slow either, but I found it indispensible in my later runs.

I have very little experience in fighting Baal before Crossworlds. I think the reason for his "partial ring summon" is if you have your units adjacent to him, before the summoning, he can't summon there?

Yeah, Ancient Phoenix is great at double hitting, but they tend to do so little damage against Baal himself due to fire damage. I'm surprised you didn't go for Dragon of Chaos?

Ahhh... good ol Poison Skull, bane of all demons.

I really hate the "fast route". You have to do really funky things to succeed. In a weird way it is a good challenge, but it sometimes diminishes the fun. I had to restart to some of my older "check point" saved games because I would forget to talk to some people to clear the quest list.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
Congrats!

Interesting. I guess you whittled down her army enough to make magic shackles usable?

Ah, good ol fear. I remember using it a lot when I first played this game, but I have not used it since. With such high intellect, it was probably worth considering to use.

I never used Slow either, but I found it indispensible in my later runs.

I have very little experience in fighting Baal before Crossworlds. I think the reason for his "partial ring summon" is if you have your units adjacent to him, before the summoning, he can't summon there?

Yeah, Ancient Phoenix is great at double hitting, but they tend to do so little damage against Baal himself due to fire damage. I'm surprised you didn't go for Dragon of Chaos?

Ahhh... good ol Poison Skull, bane of all demons.

I really hate the "fast route". You have to do really funky things to succeed. In a weird way it is a good challenge, but it sometimes diminishes the fun. I had to restart to some of my older "check point" saved games because I would forget to talk to some people to clear the quest list.

I didn't use the ancient phoenix to have it attack, I used it to allow me to fit of energy my bone dragons each turn. You keep the Ancient Phoenix DEAD so it can't be removed from play, and on each of its turns (where you would have the chance to resurrect it) you instead just cast fit of energy to let the bonies do even more poison.

Only one stack of Scrounger's army was greater than 60k leadership (or was level 5 anyway) so the magic shackles worked on the first turn. The 66k worth of Furious goblins were knocked under 60k by ball lightning. Note that I used a Flaming Eyes scroll to get 30k leadership for the fight, making my shackles particularly potent. I realized that I had 25k leadership for the fight base, and that 20% more would get me to 30k, and that as a mage I get 2x Leadership for shackles, so I used the scroll even though I didn't really have more army to put in.

It was super effective ;P.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

By the way, I note I DID get all 93 quests. I noticed something during the run through. If you talk to Arianna after defeating the White Kraken, you can get her to change her inventory. I'm wondering if it is like an unmarked quest, and that is giving you credit?

I will double check when I get home and count my completed quests for me penultimate save just to make sure.