Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
ya know dk, i wonder how many got their appetites wetted with BoP and have since made the move to pc play instead,,,wings of prey and 1946. if i had the right machine i would be tempted.
Yeah know what you mean Bobby. I tried WoP but couldn't get into it like console version. PC take too much effort to get everthing running and online. I prefer my gaming from my couch.

Did anyone watch the interview on the vid posted earlier. The guy mentioned the countries are fictitious. I hated that in Ace Combat series and disappointed this followed that route. I know it avoids controversy but everyone knows it's meant to be Somalia and Afganistan so why bother
Old 09-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

I really hope he's wrong.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Approved Member

hey dk, if you can, i will be on xbox noonish my time, 5ish yours. its my day off so i wake up at like the crack of noon. on your way home from work buy a six pack ( ok that is a yank term)....get a couple of pints to go. you can kick a mere mortal's "behind" and we will laugh our "behinds" off and you smoke me relentlessly. if today isnt good for you then friday or saturday...i am off all 3 this week. anyone else want in on this?? feel free to join. i do not honestly care if i win or lose....i just love flying...and i know there are more players like me... & THAT, my friends, is why this game will honestly never drift into obscurity. let me know......

Last edited by bobbysocks; 09-23-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

More apache details here
Old 09-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
More apache details here
Not sure this guy knows much about helicopters:
"The helicopters themselves are all Apache brand choppers: the Apache AH-64D Longbow, Apache AH-1, Apache AH-64X Experimental Prototype, MQ-8B Fire Scout, and Mi-35 Hind"

Bobby, I had to unhook my Xbox at the weekend but I will rig it back up tomorrow and try catch you online for a few flights. I hasn't seen any forum regulars on XBL when I have been on. Must be wrong time of day
Old 09-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
"The helicopters themselves are all Apache brand choppers: the Apache AH-64D Longbow, Apache AH-1, Apache AH-64X Experimental Prototype, MQ-8B Fire Scout, and Mi-35 Hind"
I noticed.. And the 'helicopters have a wider turning circle than fixed wing' statement is also a bit of a give away.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post
$50 is £29.99. That's what I paid for BoP on release date and it deffo didn't suck. It's cheaper because it's a nich title and the release window is packed with other games.

Yeah Winny I had some fun reading that article. When he started talking about Apaches going nearly upside down I had a chuckle. Apart from that there is confirmation about the same difficulty settings as BoP which is great. Lots of scope to work through them all.
Glad there is a Hind in the game but I would swap that UAV fire scout for a little bird or Cobra in a heartbeat. I doubt very much that will be flyable in multiplayer
Old 09-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
More apache details here
Umm.. I already posted this here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=16408&page=4

trk29, is it really necessary to join these threads? Not exactly a thriving forum is it? The destructoid article had heaps of news and could have warranted its own thread. Just saying..

Last edited by Buggins; 09-23-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That kind of puts everything in the review into question. Can we really fly the Hind, Cobra etc. or was he just flying a different Apache and mixed up the names.

Quote:
$50 is £29.99. That's what I paid for BoP on release date and it deffo didn't suck. It's cheaper because it's a nich title and the release window is packed with other games.
It's cheaper because it's part of the Activision Minneapolis series of budget titles which have a tendency to reflect their cheapness in game quality. BoP was by no means a budget title.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Umm.. I already posted this here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=16408&page=4

trk29, is it really necessary to join these threads? Not exactly a thriving forum is it? The destructoid article had heaps of news and could have warranted its own thread. Just saying..
I joined them here into one thread to keep everything about this game in one thread. I just don't want everyone creating a new thread about this game everytime news comes out about it. So yes it was necessary.

Doing this will makes things easier when someone wants to find information out about it.

I put the link you provided into the first post of this thread.

Or if you like I could just move every thread to "other topics" like I am supposed to do since it doesn't pertain to BOP. Just saying...

Last edited by trk29; 09-23-2010 at 03:56 PM.