Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 07-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Ive done that and it results in me running over my guys with my tank b/c they dont move out of the way and when im moving im not going to lose my tank or risk getting hit b/c one guy wants to get in my way haha....-5pts is more worth it to me then -100 hahah..yeah I value my armor more so then my infantry...its evil, I know
Old 07-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Approved Member

I've never run over any of my own guys, except for that one time where I ran over 7 of my own D1s on purpose.

A tank without cover on at least one of its flanks makes it vulnerable to a charge.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

One other option I found but never use due to not having tons of men, is camp guys on the back...alot of tanks can have tank riders and on the rear you get back and side views from the men. That solves 2 of my problems....running over my guys and it gives me rear cover. However, I rarely play Allieds and alot of German tanks can only carry like 2-3 guys, both of which sit on one side and when I buy men they are only Stormtroopers so I cant spare men to be tank riders. And lolz, why run over ur own D1s? They run out of ammo?
Old 07-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Approved Member

The problem with riding guys on the tanks is that they cant shoot.

I ran over my D1s because they ran out of ammo. I fired 500+ 152mm HE shells at a Jagdtiger in 20 minutes which only detracted it. Tried to reload but with so many D1s its hard to reload easily.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

I wish you could reload artillery/tanks/infantry automaticaly just with some icon. I mean maybe there is a way? Though I dont know it. So far I always have to do it with the inventory. Would be nice if you could just click some icon and the unit would automaticaly reload anything in a small range. There are 2 people inside the trucks anyway. The driver and co-driver could eventualy do that and reload units.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
I wish you could reload artillery/tanks/infantry automaticaly just with some icon. I mean maybe there is a way? Though I dont know it. So far I always have to do it with the inventory. Would be nice if you could just click some icon and the unit would automaticaly reload anything in a small range. There are 2 people inside the trucks anyway. The driver and co-driver could eventualy do that and reload units.
With so many artillery pieces you would have to call in 3 trucks or more. By the time your finished loading them anyway you would have to reload the first one.

A simple way would be helpful. If that can't be done how about some extra rounds in the carriers? Would be easier at least.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
You mean reload them like CoH Style w/ some magic ability where the truck has endless amounts of rounds but the crew keeps running back and forth to the guns and trucks?
Old 07-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
A simple way would be helpful. If that can't be done how about some extra rounds in the carriers? Would be easier at least.
Yes, that would be good. THe Hummel for example had some extra carrier that would follow it since the self propeled artillery could not store that many rounds. Another benefit of it was that the carrier could be easily converted in the field to another Hummel if the first one was damaged. But that might be a bit to much for the game. Would need also some kind of repair shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
You mean reload them like CoH Style w/ some magic ability where the truck has endless amounts of rounds but the crew keeps running back and forth to the guns and trucks?
uhm no. The crew keeps reloading the units within their range as long as they have the ammunition of course. It should be just some icon which says "reload unit nearby". This could be also used by other units as well. Like infantry or tanks which could share their amunition with others as long they have weapons from the same type. This was done many times in WW2. At least tanks and infantry would usualy share ammunition. Some tanks would shoot more shells then others or some even no one at all. At some point when they have the time the tanks would share the ammunition so they all have the same or similar number and thus no tank is completely without any shells. That way the whole unit keeps its tactical clout.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Approved Member

Oh, I see what you mean now Crni =D Now its makes sense =P

while were wishing for stuff to happen in MoW I wish that when you select a Tank and Infantry in the same squad the Tank is forced to slow down to the infantry speed in order for them to actually keep together...the only game ive seen that does that is World in Conflict.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

Tanks do slow down when grouped with infantry, unless you double click.