Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 06-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm sure the 'captured' 'German' aircraft they were testing had 'German' instruments in them anyway.
Exactly.....whoosh!!!

Of course, the German instruments will always show up as slower compared to russian calibrated instruments.

Now aircraft performance is a percentage range over an median and that instrument error is not outside that range so you will find some agreement.

Quote:
actually as a pilot i can tell you that instruments barely ever 'need' maintenance
Baloney....

A considerable amount of maintenance is replacement of instruments. I have had to replace turn co-ordinators, manifold pressure gauges, oil pressure gauges, and re-calibrate rpm gauges.

On every airplane I have ever gotten IFR rated, it required maintenance to the pitot-static system.

All outside of the normal checks and required calibrations.

Quote:
you put it is towards accuracy.
Acccuracy? You mean flight testing data without understanding atmospheric conditions???

Not very accurate IMHO!!

Quote:
Crumpp says:
Almost as amazing as all the "I am real world pilot" on this forum who are testing away, screaming about their favorite gameshape is porked, but don't bother to worry about the atmospheric model or understand it first.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=32523&page=4
Old 06-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Approved Member

I think blue pilots need a little more good sense, and less talking...

In Il2 1946 we had the same problem, blue pilots crying for improvements in their 109 and 190... now IL2 1946 = gameboy...

In Cliffs of dover we had the same, cry cry cry, Spitfire IIa ripped off Ia too, throtle problems, ridiculous curves of speed, ridiculous behavior over 14k and Sea Level...

Now you guys got over design speed like you always wanted!

great job Blue Pilots!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpp View Post
Exactly.....whoosh!!!

Of course, the German instruments will always show up as slower compared to russian calibrated instruments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpp View Post
If the russian's calibrate their instruments based on the common expression for compressibility used at the time, they will always measure results which are slower than the German's.

Make up your mind.....

Quote:
Baloney....

A considerable amount of maintenance is replacement of instruments. I have had to replace turn co-ordinators, manifold pressure gauges, oil pressure gauges, and re-calibrate rpm gauges.

On every airplane I have ever gotten IFR rated, it required maintenance to the pitot-static system.

All outside of the normal checks and required calibrations.
Baloney

Quote:
Acccuracy? You mean flight testing data without understanding atmospheric conditions???

Not very accurate IMHO!!
is this relevant? where has a lack understanding of atmospheric conditions come into this thread?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=32523&page=4

Ah the thread I was hoping you'd bring up, the one where you questioned this particular statement of mine...

Quote:
Rubbish, real pilots only have to calculate how much rest they earn at the end of the duty period and pray they don't end up on a split-shift, I pitty the poor guy that has to go into the Flight Manual and work this stuff out instead of having it ready in tabular abridged form on the checklists based on T/O weight and temparature or in fact have the entire performance schedule handed to him by operations who worked it out for him, occasionally with GA operations there are times when you will dust off the Flight Manual if a customer has an unusual destination.
I will point you to the attached checklist I used on the learjet, you probably don't know this but a checklist forms part of an operators 'Ops manual' and is a thoroughly audited document and 'must' be approved by the authorities, on the attachment you will notice the very 'abridged and tabular data' I mentioned....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lr45checklist.jpg (2.66 MB, 22 views)

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 06-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I will point you to the attached checklist I used on the learjet, you probably don't know this but a checklist forms part of an operators 'Ops manual' and is a thoroughly audited document and 'must' be approved by the authorities, on the attachment you will notice the very 'abridged and tabular data' I mentioned....
It is funny that you suddenly now know what V1, V2 and balanced field length are....but know you don't just look at a genereic checklist or chart.

Yes, you are required to calculate them. No, you don't have to do it on a calculator and piece of paper....

There is a piece of gear that has been around for a while called an FMC but if you don't have one, then you still have to know the required take off profile.

We went through this already with both the FAR and JAR regulations!!

You know the ones you claimed you don't have to follow as a pilot in Europe??

Quote:
Make up your mind.....
There is no confusion except on your part.

They will always measure results which are slower than the German's.

Meaning the russian will always reach their measured TAS before the German TAS figures.

In otherwords, they will think the German data is always slower than actual TAS.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:21 AM
Approved Member

KJAC 242358Z 21009KT 10SM SKC 30/M04 A3010

Tell me your balanced field length based on your chart!!

Use a TO Weight of 9752kg's

Last edited by Crumpp; 06-25-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: added TO weight
Old 06-25-2012, 06:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
It is funny that you suddenly now know what V1, V2 and balanced field length are....but know you don't just look at a genereic checklist or chart.
Nothing generic about that checklist, it's the 'actual' one I used in the Learjet, with the actual data on it 'exactly' as I described it.

Quote:
We went through this already with both the FAR and JAR regulations!!

You know the ones you claimed you don't have to follow as a pilot in Europe??

We don't have to follow FAR regulations in europe, JAR ones we do, you were the one that mentioned FAR 121.

Quote:
There is no confusion except on your part.

They will always measure results which are slower than the German's.

Meaning the russian will always reach their measured TAS before the German TAS figures.

In otherwords, they will think the German data is always slower than actual TAS.
Yes I am very confused at how you contradict yourself so massively with those statements I quoted, and am further stunned by your insistence that German instruments magically transform themselves into Russian ones when they cross the border.

Finally, no I don't need to do any of your silly little quizzes to prove anything, the only time I do that crap is for examinations, I'm not fighting an internet warrior face off here, I'm calling you out, pure and simple just show me a copy of your credit card sized FAA license or something tangeable.

Heres some more from me, this is 'ME' the same Craig Brierley from the scans of my license doing a job before I wen't on to fly Learjets, only viewable in the UK unless you do some fancy internet trickery I don't quite understand, now are you going to phone the BBC and the HM Coastguard up and tell them they are lying too, perhaps show them some little graphs to prove it? ask them some obscure little.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/britainfromabov...offcoast.shtml

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 06-25-2012, 06:58 AM
Approved Member

HINT: Check the upper right corner of the forum labeled: "Private Messages" Very, very useful.
Il-2Bugtracker: Feature #200: Missing 100 octane subtypes of Bf 109E and Bf 110C http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/200
Il-2Bugtracker: Bug #415: Spitfire Mk I, Ia, and Mk II: Stability and Control http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/415

Kurfürst - Your resource site on Bf 109 performance! http://kurfurst.org
Old 06-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

No I prefer the public humiliation of Crumpp. Besides, the inboxes are way too small.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

Are we really to believe that trained professional aviators and supporting aircraft technicians at the top of their game due to the intensity of war, with experience of constant life or death combat sorties, are getting IAS and TAS mixed up? I find such a thing very hard to believe.

Last edited by Talisman; 06-25-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
Are we really to believe that trained professional aviators and supporting aircraft technicians at the top of their game due to the intensity of war, with experience of constant life or death combat sorties, are getting IAS and TAS mixed up? I find such a thing very hard to believe.
No of course.. you're right! The winking face was sarcasm.

As Robtek states there are to many unknown variables.

What about the captured aircraft condition (crashed? was the propeller?)
Fuel quality used in those test?
Did they used the right boost settings? (IIRC they tested the Dora without MW50 and find it "slow" compared to their birds).
Was the German guy really honest or did he repeat what his master wanted to hear?

We can't ignore these ones, otherwise we could make a call to Luthier: please Luthier, tune down every german warbird's speed... those speed on the documents were only theorical. Listen to that interviewed guy!

I think you're smart enought to understand this... but still I wonder the reason of opening this thread... that was your target?

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.

Last edited by 6S.Manu; 06-25-2012 at 11:32 AM.