Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

Will be/is AI wingman doesent follow you on takeoff if you are leader bug fixed? I stopped playin cos of this bug
Old 04-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataribaby View Post
Will be/is AI wingman doesent follow you on takeoff if you are leader bug fixed? I stopped playin cos of this bug

Try turning on map icons so you can follow the waypoints using the map, then the AI will follow you

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 04-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for tip. I will try.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

You still have to take off with AI control for your flight to follow you getting them to shoot at something is another story.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks for tip. I will try.
OK, but its probably not necessary though

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
You still have to take off with AI control for your flight to follow you getting them to shoot at something is another story.
This is another misconception about the game that helped doom MG and all future development, a real pity!...we really lost something very special due to ignorance on a whole host of imagined issues with the game...observe the time needed for AI to form up here, timing is everything

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 04-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

Well it worked pretty well in some early version of game. Radio menu virtualy changed with every patch and on one moment there was option to announce you are ready to take off. AI wingies then take off and follow you ok. Now this radio command missing. Really ignorance in game i bought for 50 Eur at launch. Lesson learned. But its another story... Lets hope comunity patch fix this.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
OK, but its probably not necessary though

This is another misconception about the game that helped doom MG and all future development, a real pity!...we really lost something very special due to ignorance on a whole host of imagined issues with the game...observe the time needed for AI to form up here, timing is everything

Ha!
I'm not sure which build of the Sim your using but I've never observed AI doing anything like that.
Try the first mission of Wick vs Dundas. Take off and watch the AI pilot go on his merry way regardless of what you do. No radio commands, no actions on your part can get him into formation.
The only way to make the ai take off with you and stay in formation is to let the AI take off.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well it worked pretty well in some early version of game. Radio menu virtualy changed with every patch and on one moment there was option to announce you are ready to take off. AI wingies then take off and follow you ok. Now this radio command missing. Really ignorance in game i bought for 50 Eur at launch. Lesson learned. But its another story... Lets hope comunity patch fix this.
Its still a great game but there is a learning curve concerning the AI for people to master. Many times it is poorly designed missions that is a problem, that is why I make my own

Quote:
Ha!
I'm not sure which build of the Sim your using but I've never observed AI doing anything like that.
Try the first mission of Wick vs Dundas. Take off and watch the AI pilot go on his merry way regardless of what you do. No radio commands, no actions on your part can get him into formation.
The only way to make the ai take off with you and stay in formation is to let the AI take off.
Ha ha, original game first patch ...Wick vs Dundas, probably strict AI skill level settings. You can either edit them out or make sure that you are on course, because the AI will not waver from that course. Forget that thing about auto pilot being needed. What is happening is that the auto pilot is flying on course where evidently you were off course. You can try map icons and you will see what I mean...I have another video in the cooker of the finished/final game pre-mod, I'll post it when its done.

Last edited by SlipBall; 04-29-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
AI needs to be set up properly in the mission design

and here in the final pre-modded game

Last edited by SlipBall; 05-01-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

I am new to the whole CoD experience. Does this community patch follow on from the last official released developer patch? My sim is auto-updated via steam so assume i have all developer patches available. So i should then install this community patch?

Is there a newbie guide to CoD on here anywhere? ie what patches should be installed, ideal control / gfx setup etc ?

Thanks in advance.