Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

Quite possibly the mod sounds take up more bytes than the default sounds, so you might be running into memory/paging/loading issues or hitting a threshold in the game's sound engine (i guess that despite the altered samples the way it all operates is still based on the default sound engine).

I haven't installed any mods yet so i'm just guessing here, but what you describe seems to be a classic my-system-has-run-out-of-"ooomph"-to-run-this scenario, similar to people with non-modded installations that are having the same problems in lower spec PCs.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Quite possibly the mod sounds take up more bytes than the default sounds, so you might be running into memory/paging/loading issues or hitting a threshold in the game's sound engine (i guess that despite the altered samples the way it all operates is still based on the default sound engine).

I haven't installed any mods yet so i'm just guessing here, but what you describe seems to be a classic my-system-has-run-out-of-"ooomph"-to-run-this scenario, similar to people with non-modded installations that are having the same problems in lower spec PCs.
Interesting. 6Gb RAM and fast vid card NVidia 570. I played around with the graphics settings by lowering them to see if sound issue was fixed but no go. Cleaned up memory both volatile and fixed and still no luck. It only happens in the middle of the bombers particularly when I pull the trigger.

Thanks for the feedback.
Cheers
Old 08-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouras View Post
where i can found this background
That back ground screen is included in BpSoundSuit. Just look in the folders for the backgrounds and rename them as you prefer. I assume BP doesn't mind people modding his mod...
There are more similar CG screens in LuckyStrike's background screens mod. I have a combination of BP's and luckystrike's now and they go very well together.

Really loving this game ATM. getting 40-60fps, no stutter, and nice sounds/ terrain... The sim has arrived in my book.
Thanks Modders ! and Devs !
Old 08-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

Hey guys, the mediafire links say the file is set to private. Anyway I can get a good link to DL this puppy?
Old 08-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme262 View Post
That back ground screen is included in BpSoundSuit. Just look in the folders for the backgrounds and rename them as you prefer. I assume BP doesn't mind people modding his mod...
There are more similar CG screens in LuckyStrike's background screens mod. I have a combination of BP's and luckystrike's now and they go very well together.

Really loving this game ATM. getting 40-60fps, no stutter, and nice sounds/ terrain... The sim has arrived in my book.
Thanks Modders ! and Devs !
thanks mate
Old 08-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

could someone upload again the files
seems that is not there anymore
Old 08-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python1 View Post
Hey guys, the mediafire links say the file is set to private. Anyway I can get a good link to DL this puppy?
Same for me
Old 09-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Approved Member

Default no DL

Have pulled this sound mod or is the link broken? Indicates Private but once it wanted to send my cell phone a text.???no cell phone".
Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Sounds dont work anymore ?