Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 06-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Call it what you will.

I suspect in time we will all learn that the clod servers logging off was a bug in the clod dedicated server code.

You really don't know what you are talking about .

This isn't Twitter or some other social networking site, stop posting your random thoughts, someone might take you seriously.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 06-24-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Show me logical explanations as to why I'm wrong then.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

I'm in Doggles camp to be honest.
Are you guys really convinced the error is in the Steamworks platform which is used by about 150! games since it's release in 2008 and only CLOD magically suffers from it?
To my understanding is just a protocol which needs to be coded into the game..if it's done right everything works, if there is an error somewhere in the gamecode you get bugs like this server problem.
Could compare it to your gmail timing out or being inacessible due to a faulty switch on your ISP's side. You can blame Google all you want and demand they fix it but until your ISP get's their stuff sorted nothing will change no matter how hard you shout.

http://steampowered.com/steamworks/gameservices.php

Last edited by Warhound; 06-24-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: added link
Old 06-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
You really don't know what you are talking about .

This isn't Twitter or some other social networking site, stop posting your random thoughts, someone might take you seriously.
Same could be applied equally to you, I suspect, unless you've been involved in the writing of the multiplayer code? No? Thought not. I expect less rudeness from a site moderator, to be quite honest - and where do you suggest we post our thoughts on the game, if not in the game's forums? Sort your attitude out before resorting to snide comments; most of us here are capable of remaining decent in discussions and we expect the same from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
I'm in Doggles camp to be honest.
Are you guys really convinced the error is in the Steamworks platform which is used by about 150! games since it's release in 2008 and only CLOD magically suffers from it.
To my understanding is just a protocol which needs to be coded into the game..if it's done right everything works, if there is an error somewhere in the gamecode you get bugs like this server problem.
Could compare it to your gmail timing out or being inacessible due to a faulty switch on your ISP's side. You can blame Google all you want and demand they fix it but until your ISP get's their stuff sorted nothing will change no matter how hard you shout.
Absolutely. It's far more likely, given the sheer number of multiplayer games using steam with no problems whatsoever, that the issue is in fact with CloD, not Steam. It's called common sense. We could do with a bit more of it around here, especially regards this particular topic.

Last edited by Orpheus; 06-24-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Someone who gets it!
Old 06-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

Equally a lot that don't and never will, so any further discussion explanation is as usual pointless to continue with them.

I will leave you to the usual blind stab in the dark critique of everything and anything.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Your condescension is noted. Thanks for stopping by.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Approved Member

doggles,Warhound and Orpheus you guys really are missing the point.
this game has many! problems and one of them is a communication issue with the OberServer on the steam mother ship.

Pointing fingers after a while becomes a mute point...because everyone is already gone and this also just reinforces the position of aot of people who did not want steam in the first place as it is just another cog to break.

We are at the mercey of steam right now which is doing as much damage to this game as the bugs are.
when ths game first came out it was pretty much unplayable except for the MP where the FPS and stutters were alot less..but it still had issues like the memory leak but successive patches improved this and then came the scripts and things really started looking up...but then the frequency of log-offs became daily and more.

Steam has TO MUCH control over our servers..if there is a communication issue with one/all of our servers than perhaps an automated e-mail should get fire off to the account holder instead of nuking the entire server set.

Since you guys are quick to point point out that there is a problem with our code and in the same breath tell us how wonderful and stable steam is for all the other games on there and that it has all these great features there is is however on fundamental fault with steam....communication! ...all we get is a little Grey box telling us we are being logged off...no error number no "please contact steam support about event at 17:53"...nothing!.

When HL goes down we can still do a direct connect but when steam TAKES us down we have to restart it...provided we even know it is down.

HL maybe old and dated but it works! and there being a problem with our code does not change the fact that the servers are running and people are playing UNTIL the great logoff happens and i don't care if the bug lies with us steam cannot and should not have the power to take our servers down! if they are functioning correctly.

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-25-2011, 06:13 AM
Approved Member

No YOU'RE missing the point. I started this thread, I think I know what it's about.

Do you have a solution or do you just enjoy running your mouth and telling people they're wrong? Go rant on the steam forums or something, good god.