Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

I threw in an another question here if its ok?

If i buy and download this game, does it have any autodownload of patches like steam does? Or do i have to manually download patches?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrester View Post
I threw in an another question here if its ok?

If i buy and download this game, does it have any autodownload of patches like steam does? Or do i have to manually download patches?
At the moment, it's still going through its BETA stage & so there are regular patches that you will have to d/l manually although you are notified on startup & are presented with a link.

You only have to d/l & keep up to date with the patches if you plan to play online. Whether the patch retrieval system will be automated on the final release or follow the same procedure, I'm not too sure.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

Ok, tnx for the answer

There was a rumour that it might be avalible on steam in the future. Perhaps we should wait and see.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Default Funny.

It's funny how everyone is all excited about WoP and forgets how badly BoP was fumbled.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball View Post
It's funny how everyone is all excited about WoP and forgets how badly BoP was fumbled.
That's because WoP has everything and is everything, we hoped BoP would have and be.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Approved Member

That's good for me/us how?
Old 01-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That's good for me/us how?
I dunno how it's good for you, but it's good for me and a few others on here. Sure BoP got shafted, but hey what can you do? People are drawn to top notch and a seemingly better product? Which WoP is seeming to be turning out to be better thanks to Houndstone's videos and screen shots he's given us. I mean WoP, has what most of us wanted before BoP's release; which is German cockpits. And it even has newer added planes (LaGG-3, Yak-7b, P-40E etc.)

Maybe people are just more entertained by the new product, rather the lesser one. Now don't get me wrong, BoP is fun and all but to those of us that have a capable PC to play WoP, it's definitely a step up.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
I dunno how it's good for you, but it's good for me and a few others on here. Sure BoP got shafted, but hey what can you do? People are drawn to top notch and a seemingly better product? Which WoP is seeming to be turning out to be better thanks to Houndstone's videos and screen shots he's given us. I mean WoP, has what most of us wanted before BoP's release; which is German cockpits. And it even has newer added planes (LaGG-3, Yak-7b, P-40E etc.)

Maybe people are just more entertained by the new product, rather the lesser one. Now don't get me wrong, BoP is fun and all but to those of us that have a capable PC to play WoP, it's definitely a step up.
You said it. They drew us (360 users) in with BoP & promises, with hopes we'll buy WoP. No thanks. I have not interest in keeping up a CPU.

Last edited by Riceball; 01-03-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

If we could have a choice to use custom joys instead of the crappy saitek and if they could let go of patches in descent time i would ceartenly stay with the xbox360 version but still . . . .
Old 01-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You said it. They drew us (360 users) in with BoP & promises, with hopes we'll buy WoP. No thanks. I have not interest in keeping up a CPU.
I'm with you all the way on this one. If you were to look thru my posts, you'd see that I'm of opinion that console gamers get shafted time after time. I asked the quetion 'why' with a thread I started here called 'Do you feel ripped off as a console gamer' & I pretty much got tore a new a-hole.

I agree with you guys; if the BoP wasn't such a gaping 'miss' (even after the pathetic PS3 patch attempt) & boasted all the content & peripheral support that WoP has, I prob wouldn't have even looked at looked at the pc equivalent but the cold, harsh reality is that Wings of Prey is so much more superior in every way. After buying this title on 360, PS3 & now PC, almost 90 quid later (exc. the PS3 hotas & 360 aviator I bought), I'm finally enjoying this IL-2 wanabe.

It's not just BoP/WoP. Take Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising. Pathetic on console, with about 8 hours gameplay & little else apart from the premium DLC & very limited multiplay; PC version in comparison, the same DLC at no charge, full mission editor giving unlimited longevity & playability & more. Even the old gen Op Flashpoint saw the original xbox get the mission editor.

There needs to be a realisation here; that a competent, immersive, involving, unbroken & realistic yet fun flight sim can be done for console. TAITO's OVER G FIGHTERS will always be proof to that.

Last edited by Houndstone Hawk; 01-03-2010 at 07:15 PM.