Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 06-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb87 View Post
A quick save is still only 1 save file you think 4 hours is bad I once lost a months worth of gameplay on morrowind I was very gutted after that
Yeah, I must have a hundred saves, and a lot of them are just before I get to the entrance of a warehouse (before the cut-scene). I never use 'Quick-Save' though because, I like to name my own save points. This way it's easy to remember just where I want to go. Especially when you have tons of saves. As you, and I discussed before I learned this the hard way from Half-Life & Doom3. This has now become automatic for me. I've yet to have a save issue problem, and I'm constantly reloading to make videos, and things.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-21-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

Default Save Issues.

This is A BIG JOKE... i tried to load the game (quick save) and it won't load. I don't know, file was fine a while ago. I can't load quicksave at all... My progress gone... Any way to recover corrupted save?

Last edited by Eggtooth; 08-21-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

Had a similar problem for one time, too. While saving R&R closed itself. After restarting R&R the savegame was not loadable anymore.
I think you have to restart the career. But better wait for comments of some other and more experienced users, maybe it's not completely lost...

But I have to say: That's why I generally have more than one save game and especially not just a quick save. You also should do that in future!
Old 08-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

Thank god i got save from the ending of the campaign.

I am going to do Save backup.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

Hi I am having trouble with save games that I have been having for a while since buying the game when it first came out.

basicly I will play the game and everything will be fine then after a few weeks or days my saves will stop working and insted crash back to desktop on trying to load the saves. any idear what could be causing it?

Last edited by USA Trucker; 02-28-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Relocated To The Proper Post.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Approved Member

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

We need system specs please. Just give the basics that you see in my sinature at the bottom.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

my system specs are

windows Vista home premium 32 bit
Intel core 2 Duo CPU @ 3.00GHz 2GB RAM
GeForce 7800 GT
DirectX 9
Old 02-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscalvat View Post
my system specs are

windows Vista home premium 32 bit
Intel core 2 Duo CPU @ 3.00GHz 2GB RAM
GeForce 7800 GT
DirectX 9
I believe your GeForce 7800 is a little too low, and may be the issue of reloading a saved game. You need 8800 or above. Also when I had Vista, it presented some problems with saved games, and the game ran sluggish too. Windows7 seemed to correct this problem.

When you did play, in general how did your graphics respond to the game?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

the game would always work fine with no graphic errors what so ever would even save and load fine but then after a few weeks or days my saves would just stop working and crash back to desktop when ever I loaded them but if I started a new game and saved that save would work fine
Old 02-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscalvat View Post
the game would always work fine with no graphic errors what so ever would even save and load fine but then after a few weeks or days my saves would just stop working and crash back to desktop when ever I loaded them but if I started a new game and saved that save would work fine
Well, like I said, Vista did present some save issues when I had it. There were a few others that reported the same problem too. So to make a long story short I just went and got Windows7, and haven’t had a problem since. Seems being that you say it works fine unless dormant for a couple of weeks leads me to conclude that it’s not so much a game problem as it is a Vista problem.

I may be wrong, and would welcome anyone else’s imput. Upgrading to Windows7 is a financial matter that only you can decide, or maybe upgrading your graphics card, and adding 2 more GB of ram, especially with todays games. The more ram you have the better things will run. This game is not fully optimized, and demands for the most part a high-end computer inspite of what the recommended specs state.