Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 09-29-2016, 11:17 AM
Approved Member

Keevil and Tarrant Rushton with new T2 hangars

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 10-01-2016 at 10:09 AM. Reason: removed https//
Old 09-29-2016, 06:30 PM
AVG Historian

Sweet Jesus!
Old 10-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

This will be such a great map to have in the stock game! Really looking forward to it!

Especially if there are some new flyable Aircraft introduced to fit it. Like an early Spitfire, the Blenheims, the Beauforts, the Wellington, the Morane-Solniers or the D.520.

Last edited by Verdun1916; 10-02-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Approved Member

Out of curiosity, will the August '44 map include advanced landing grounds in England? And will there be V1 launch sites?

Cheers,

HB
Old 10-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBPencil View Post
Out of curiosity, will the August '44 map include advanced landing grounds in England? And will there be V1 launch sites?

Cheers,

HB
Yep, the (ambitious) plan is to include the 26 ALGs in England and around 50 ALGs built in Normandy. Consider that ALGs in the UK were progressively abandoned and dismantled so the August '44 map will have active ALGs in Normandy and inactive, or removed ALGs in the UK.

I'm not sure about the V1 sites at the moment.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _1SMV_Gitano View Post
Yep, the (ambitious) plan is to include the 26 ALGs in England and around 50 ALGs built in Normandy. Consider that ALGs in the UK were progressively abandoned and dismantled so the August '44 map will have active ALGs in Normandy and inactive, or removed ALGs in the UK.

Sounds good, thanks
Old 10-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Consider having at least one "formal" V-1 site (concrete bunkers, large "ski-shaped" preparation buildings, heavy launch ramps), in the Calais area, since these were heavily bombed in 1943-early 1944.

For example:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...l_Ski_Site.jpg

Beyond that, a "template" which allows mission builders to easily place smaller, temporary V-1 sites would serve for later launch sites.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun1916 View Post
WHAT???? Seriously? In what world "wouldn't" a channel map like this "bring anyhing new to the game"?

IT BRINGS THE ENGLISH CHANNEL AREA!!!! Both sides of it! Not just Normany without a proper British coastline. That is good enough for most of us! It brings the opportunity for all of us who DO NOT run modded versions of IL-2 to play and recreate arial combat ranging from 1940 until 1944 over an area that has not yet been represented properly in this game!

It brings a map that most of us have been wishing for for years and years! Basically since the first version of IL-2 came out!

So how could you even dare use words like "wasting an opportunity" or "wouldn't bring anything new" when we finally will get a geographical area represented that has been lacking for so long????

An English Channel map IS a GREAT addition to the stock game!!It will be loved and appreciated by the majority of the IL-2 Community all over the world, both players using mods and especially all of us who don't run mods!

I really can't thank TD enough for finally bringing a map like this to the stock game!!!
+1
Old 10-06-2016, 07:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorfailure View Post
I don't get it. We will get a new and important map for free and all this complaining about how that's a bad thing?

This map covers a land area that saw nearly constant action from 40 to 45, and that alone makes it needed.
It can be used for early war, German offense vs. Allied defense, potentially with a fictional invasion. That's a lot of fighter/attack/bomber mission options there.

Second option is to employ it for any kind of smaller skirmishes - in between the big battles, perfect for Il-2, and it does give the option for German harassment missions on RAF installations for the first time (There are your "new" missions). Allied can do the same, and not having to play on the limited Normandy map is an advantage.

Third, of course, is Invasion of Normandy, and now we have the opportunity to go hunting further off the invasion area, destroy supplies/infrastructure. German options also change, now a big area is to be patroled, and not just a few square kilometers of invasion area.

Okay, it is not the perfect map for strategic bombing/ship hunting or whatever, but it still is a great, important map, and it is big enough to allow strategic bomber operations on a limited scale(and after all IL2 is a tactical game!), and it does have water so anti shipping is possible.

So as far as I'm concerned, I'm excited to play on this map.
+1
Old 10-12-2016, 04:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

In the stock game I have not been able to get V-1's to work properly in dogfight servers. They are invisible in flight but they do cause damage when they land. I don't know when the problem started but they did not work for me in v4.12. That version was the first time I attempted to use them in a dogfight server so the problem may go back farther than that patch version?

I am not sure about coops?

Wheels